If you’re looking forward to enjoying a great-tasting, healthier alternative to traditional ground beef or turkey burgers, then these Beyond Meatball recipes might just be what you need.
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Beyond Meatballs?
The secret behind the success of this recipe is in its use of plant proteins.
These foods have been around for quite some time now, but many people still aren’t familiar with them because they don’t taste like regular meats.
When it comes to making Beyond Meatballs at home, there are several key ingredients that you should know about before getting started.
- Flaxseed – Flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids which can help reduce inflammation within your body while also being rich in fiber and protein. One tablespoon of flaxseeds contains 6 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber.
- Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are another excellent source of high quality protein as well as dietary fibers, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and essential fats. They are known to improve blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and bone density.
- Quinoa – Quinoa contains all nine essential amino acids that our bodies require. This grain has an extremely low glycemic index (GI) score so it won’t spike your blood sugar level after consumption.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil provides a wide range of nutrients including vitamin E, lauric acid, potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese. It helps boost metabolism, protect against heart disease, lower LDL cholesterol, and regulate blood vessels.
- Onion Powder – Onion powder adds both moisture and flavor to these delicious Beyond Meatballs. If you want to add more depth, try adding paprika instead.
- Garlic – Garlic is one of the most popular culinary herbs due to its ability to enhance various dishes. The pungent smell and flavor of garlic makes it easy to recognize when cooking with it. Garlic also works well when used in combination with other spices such as onion powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
How Do You Prepare The Beyond Meatballs?
Beyond Meatballs have no animal products in them whatsoever because they contain only plant proteins like pea protein, brown rice flour, and coconut oil.
It also has added fiber from chia seeds and antioxidants from acai berries.
The best part about this product is that it can be used for both savory dishes as well as sweet desserts.
As with all other burger patties out there, you can use your regular baking pan, but if you want to cut down on calories and fat, try using an air fryer instead.
You can even get creative by adding different toppings such as avocado slices, roasted eggplant, sliced tomatoes, spinach leaves, etc. to really jazz up those beyond meatballs!
When cooking the beyond meatballs, keep in mind that the texture should feel similar to real meatballs.
If you prefer softer patty than harder one, add some extra water when making the dough so that it becomes more pliable.
Also, don’t forget to cook the beyond meatballs until they reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 Celsius) before serving to ensure their safety.
Here’s how to make the ultimate beyond meatballs.
- Add egg white, salt and pepper into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix together thoroughly. Add the remaining ingredients into another bowl and combine well.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll it between your hands to form a ball. Repeat steps 2 through 4 above for the rest of the mixture.
Is It Possible To Bake The Beyond Meatballs?
These tasty and nutritious meatballs can be baked in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius) for 25 minutes per pound.
However, if you want to speed up your cooking time, you can also place them under high heat like grilling on a barbecue grill.
The best way to achieve this is by placing them directly over a medium flame until they turn golden brown.
The key ingredient in making these superfoods is plant-based protein from soybeans.
It has been known to add more than 20% less saturated fat into your diet compared to other meats while still maintaining all of its nutritional value.
In addition to being very low in cholesterol and calories, it contains no hormones, antibiotics, or steroids.
Soybeans are also packed with iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin B12, folate, copper, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and so much more!
How Long Does It Take To Cook The Beyond Meatballs?
The average cooking time for our Beyond Meatballs is about 20 minutes per batch.
It takes approximately 5 minutes to prepare each ingredient in this recipe, so your total preparation time should come out to around 15 minutes if you have all ingredients prepared ahead of time.
- In case you aren’t familiar with the term “batch,” we recommend preparing one of these tasty creations at a time.
- You can also use frozen Beyond Meatballs instead of fresh ones if you prefer. Just make sure to defrost them before using them on the grill or in the oven.
- To save even more time, you may want to consider buying pre-made sauce packets from Amazon.
- When baking the Beyond Meatballs, keep an eye on them as they tend to burn easily when left unattended while the oven heats up. If necessary, add some water to the pan during the last few minutes of cooking time to ensure everything cooks evenly.
Easy BBQ Sauce
This easy barbecue sauce has only four main ingredients, making it simple and quick to prepare.
You can customize this recipe by adding different spices like cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano.
To avoid burning the sauce, stir it occasionally while heating it until it reaches the right temperature.
What Is The Best Way To Serve Beyond Meatballs?
The most popular method of serving your own homemade Beyond Meatballs is by cooking them in an oven with some sort of sauce on top.
You can choose from tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or even ketchup if you want something different.
The beauty of this approach is that you get all the good flavors of the sauce without having to add extra fat to your diet.
Another option would be to bake the balls in the oven as well, but instead of adding a sauce, you could simply spread them out on a baking sheet and broil them until they are cooked through and browned.
These options work well for those who don’t have access to a grill or stovetop, so no matter which one suits you, you should still be able to enjoy these tasty treats!
Are There Any Variations To The Beyond Meatballs Recipe?
The answer is yes!
There are many different ways in which you can enjoy this burger patty without having to sacrifice taste or texture.
In addition to using whole wheat flour instead of white flour, you can also use almond milk as a substitute for regular milk, and if you want to add more protein, you can easily do so by adding extra chicken breast fillets (or even some cooked shrimp).
You can also try replacing part of the chickpea flour with another type of bean like black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, or lentils to create your own unique flavor profile.
Another option would be to replace the breadcrumbs with fresh herbs like parsley or basil, plus you could always swap out the cilantro for jalapeño peppers if you prefer spicy flavors.
These options aren’t limited to substitutions either – you can even add additional ingredients such as avocado, spinach leaves, or red onion for added health benefits.
It really comes down to personal preference when it comes to creating your very own custom version of these tasty, nutritious Beyond Meatballs.
What Other Dishes Can Be Served With Beyond Meatballs?
Beyond Meatballs are versatile enough to go with most main dishes on your menu, including spaghetti, tacos, lasagna, enchiladas, casseroles, and more!
These tasty meatballs come in four different flavors, so feel free to mix them up depending on which ones you have on hand at home.
- Original Flavor: The original flavor is made from 100% plant-based protein. It contains no added sugar, salt, or fat. This blend has been specially formulated by Beyond Meat, Inc., and it tastes like real meat but without all the negative effects associated with eating animal products such as saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Italian Herb & Garlic Flavor: This one is packed with garlic and herbs, making this blend taste like real Italian food. You can eat it straight out of the oven or pair it with pasta.
- Bacon Salt & Pepper Flavor: Bacon lovers rejoice because this one uses bacon bits instead of meat to create its unique flavor profile. Pair it with your favorite side dish or serve over rice or noodles.
- Crispy Chicken Flavor: Crispy chicken makes an appearance here, and it comes with a crispy coating of cornflakes. When paired with mashed potatoes or macaroni salad, it adds a nice crunch to your plate.
How to cook beyond meatballs:
You don’t have to do anything special when cooking these tasty treats apart from adding some water (or broth if using) into your pan while they simmer.
Once cooked through, drain off excess liquid and place onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Let cool before serving.
How Can You Add Extra Flavor To The Beyond Meatballs?
Beyond Meatball recipes are all about adding as much extra flavor and variety as possible into your meals.
You may have tried some of our favorite Beyond Meatball recipes already, but if not, we suggest checking out the following suggestions below!
1. Beyond Meatball Pizza
This is an incredibly tasty pizza that has everything you could want in one dish.
It offers a crisp crust while simultaneously having a hearty tomato sauce on top.
If you like spicy food, this is definitely something you should try.
The combination of sweet peppers and red onion adds even more flavor to this dish.
This recipe also includes fresh basil leaves which help give it its signature taste.
2. BBQ Spaghetti Squash Pasta Bake Recipe
For those who love spaghetti squash, this is the ultimate way to enjoy it without feeling guilty.
The pasta bake contains a rich smoky barbecue sauce, along with chunks of grilled chicken and veggies.
This is a fun twist on a classic recipe that makes for a complete meal with no compromise on taste.
3. Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwich
We know salads aren’t everyone’s first choice when eating healthily, but that doesn’t stop us from trying new ways to eat them.
This recipe uses the power of the grill to create a unique salad sandwich that tastes amazing.
A layer of creamy avocado gives it a satisfying texture, while shredded lettuce provides the crunchy element.
To finish off this deliciously simple lunch option, simply pile on the leftover grilled chicken pieces too!
4. Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers contain an unexpected ingredient – cauliflower rice.
For anyone who isn’t familiar with it, it’s basically roasted florets of cauliflower that can easily replace normal grains such as quinoa or rice.
In addition to tasting great, they’re packed with protein so you won’t feel hungry after eating them.
Are There Any Tips For Making The Beyond Meatballs?
We all love our favorite meals, but sometimes we want to try something new.
If you have tried one of the many different types of veggie burger recipes out there, then you know that they aren’t always as tasty as your old standbys.
That is why it makes sense to find ways to improve on them so everyone has an easier time eating better, too!
Beyond Meatball Recipes
The first step in any good recipe is preparation.
The next thing you need to do is decide on which type of food you would like to create with this recipe.
Once you have decided, read through the entire directions carefully before beginning.
- Add 1/4 cup water to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- While waiting for the liquid to come up to a simmer, prepare the other ingredients by placing them in separate bowls on the countertop.
- Once boiling point is reached, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients together (except the breadcrumbs) until well mixed.
- Using your hands, form into small balls about the size of golf ball and place onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and freeze for 20 minutes. Remove the frozen balls and allow them to thaw while preparing the oven.
- Preheat the broiler and arrange the frozen balls around the rack. Broil for 5 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. When ready to use, pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and knead vigorously for 3 minutes. Add additional water if needed.
- Form the dough into patties using approximately half of the total amount of dough. Place the formed patty on a prepared baking pan. Repeat steps 4 – 6 above until all of the dough has been used.
- Place the finished patties back in the freezer for at least 15 minutes prior to grilling.
What Temperature Should
The most important thing when it comes to cooking your meatballs is to keep them at an even temperature throughout so they don’t dry out on the grill.
To do this, we recommend using our grill thermometer app which can help you find optimum temperatures for grilling different types of meats.
We also highly suggest using a grill basket if you have one, as it allows you to cook multiple pieces of food at once without having to move around too much.
To get started with your next batch of tasty and nutritious Beyond Meatballs, here’s everything you’ll need to know about how to make them.
- Ingredients: The best ingredients to use in order to create the tastiest and healthiest burger patties are whole wheat flour, oats, flaxseed meal, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and spices like oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and turmeric. You may add additional seasonings such as ginger, sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil, and marjoram to customize your own flavors.
- Breading: Breading is optional but we would advise adding breadcrumbs to increase the texture of your burger patty. If you’re not sure where to start with creating your own breading mixture, check out our breading guide below.
- Cooking Instructions: Once all of your ingredients are mixed together, form into balls approximately 1 inch (3 cm) wide by 2 inches (5 cm) long and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- 1 Pan
- 1 Oven
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 340 g Beef Beyond
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F if you’re baking the meatballs.
- The oil should be heated to medium heat in a small frying pan before the onion is added. After frying for two to three minutes, add the garlic. Fry for a few more minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Add the beyond meat, seasonings, breadcrumbs, and onion/garlic combination to a large mixing bowl. After breaking up the meat with a spatula or fork, combine all the ingredients until they are all spread equally.
- Cut the mixture into 12 equal pieces. Roll the portions into balls using your hands.
- In a large, sturdy pan, like a cast iron pan, brush a thin layer of olive oil. the pan until it is heated.
- Place the meatballs in the pan and don’t move them for one or two minutes as they cook.
- Roll them in the pan gently a second time, then sauté them for a few more minutes.
- The meatballs should be browned and a faint char to form after about 10 minutes of frying.