The bomb meatloaf recipe below will have you saying, “Yum!”
This delicious meal is perfect if you want something different in your diet.
What Type Of Meat Is Best To Use For A Bomb Meatloaf Recipe?
You can make this bomb meatloaf recipe using any kind of cut or ground meat, but beef is traditionally used because it has more protein than other types of meat.
When choosing what to use as your main ingredient for this bomb meatloaf recipe, keep in mind that leaner cuts like flank steak are great choices since they tend to cook up faster.
Tips on selecting the right meat for a bomb meatloaf recipe
- Choose a lean cut of meat such as sirloin tip roast, top round roast, eye of round roast, bottom round roast, tenderloin roast, chuck blade steak, or ribeye steaks.
- Avoid fatty cuts or those containing a lot of fat, such as leg of lamb, loin pork chops, bacon-wrapped filet mignon, short ribs, chicken wings, and ham hocks.
- If you choose to use ground meat instead of a whole piece of meat, select a lean variety such as ground turkey breast, ground veal, or ground venison.
What Are The Necessary Ingredients For A Bomb Meatloaf Recipe?
This bomb meat loaf contains many vegetables and fruits which makes it healthy as well as tasty.
You can choose any kind of ground beef or turkey depending on what you like.
The other main ingredient is bread crumbs.
These help give your meatloaf its texture while also adding some crunchiness.
You don’t need to get fancy with this recipe – just add all the ingredients together into a bowl and mix them up until everything is combined.
Then form your mixture into a nice round shape using your hands.
Make sure you pat down the top so there aren’t too many air pockets inside.
Place the meatloaf onto an oiled baking pan (or whatever else you prefer) and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes.
Once it is cooked through, remove from oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
Now here comes the fun part – finding out how to make a bomb meatloaf recipe.
Keep reading to find out more…
How Does One Cook A Bomb Meatloaf Recipe?
This simple bomb meatloaf recipe calls for all of the following ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any other kind)
- ¼ cup water
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-6 potato chips (optional)
To make this dish even better, you can add crushed tortilla chips or onion dip as well.
You could also sprinkle some bacon bits on top because it would go perfectly with the rest of the flavors.
What Is The Best Way To Serve A Bomb Meatloaf Recipe?
You can use this recipe as a starting point for many types of meat loaf recipes.
You can substitute ingredients like ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
If you do not eat dairy products, you can try substituting milk for the eggs and butter.
The possibilities are endless.
What Are Some Common Mistakes People Make When Cooking A Bomb Meatloaf Recipe?
In this article we will cover what makes a good bomb meatloaf recipe, as well as how to avoid common mistakes.
Not using enough water or too much liquid
When adding liquids such as milk, broth, or tomato sauce into meatloaf recipes, it can cause them to become mushy.
Make sure not to add so much of these ingredients that they turn the loaf into a paste.
If you do over-sauce your meatloaf, it will taste bland.
Adding more salt helps balance out the flavors.
Overcooking the meatloaf
Be careful not to cook a bomb meatloaf too long because it will dry up on its own.
The longer you cook it, the drier it becomes.
You want it to hold together but still have some chew to it once cooked.
Making an undercooked meatloaf
If you try to make a bomb meatloaf before it has been properly seasoned, it will taste raw.
Be sure to season your meatloaf thoroughly before forming it and baking it.
Using too many spices
Spices should only be used in small amounts, especially ones like oregano, thyme, basil, and parsley.
These herbs help give off a strong aroma, which can overpower the other flavors in your food.
Using too many spices can also result in a burnt smell coming from your oven.
Try to use just a few at most.
Skipping the step where you form the meatloaf
Forming a bomb meatloaf involves pressing down firmly onto your pan with both hands.
When you press down, you need to push the inside of your hands against each other.
While you do this, you must keep pushing until you feel resistance.
Then continue to push until there isn’t any movement left in your hands.
Do this until you get a nice round shape.
How Can One Avoid Making These Mistakes?
If you plan on following this bomb meatloaf recipe exactly as it is written, then there may be times where you end up frustrated because of mistakes made by others who tried their hand at this tasty dish before.
Here are some of the most common mistakes that people make when they try to cook a bomb meatloaf recipe:
- Not using all the ingredients listed in the recipe
- Using too much fat
- Making the loaf too big or small
- Cooking the meatloaf for too long
- Overcooking the outside of the meatloaf
- Adding too many vegetables
- Not baking the meatloaf after frying it
- Baking the meatloaf without any moisture inside it
Other Mistakes People Make When Cooking Bomb Meatloaf Recipes
There are other mistakes you should watch out for when trying to cook a bomb meatloaf recipe like the one above.
For example, you need to know how to get rid of the excess grease from the pan once you fry the meatloaf.
You also need to ensure that you don’t over-stuff the meatloaf.
If you do not follow these instructions properly, then you could end up with a dry bomb meatloaf.
You must use enough salt while seasoning the meatloaf so that its taste does not become bland.
The best way to season the meatloaf is by adding the right amount of spices to the breadcrumbs used to coat the meatloaf.
For instance, this recipe uses red pepper flakes and garlic powder.
Lastly, you must cook the meatloaf slowly to eliminate any burning smell.
A slow cooker works well for this purpose since it heats food evenly throughout.
What Are Some Tips For Making A Bomb Meatloaf Recipe?
If you want to take home this bomb meatloaf recipe without having to worry about it being too spicy or anything else, then there are several things you should look at doing before trying out this recipe.
- Always use fresh ingredients.
- Do not put too much seasoning into the mixture of ingredients.
- Make sure that all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Use an oven safe pan for cooking purposes.
- Never add water when frying food.
After following those steps, you will find yourself on the right track to making a bomb meatloaf recipe that everyone in the house will love.
How Can One Make A Bomb Meatloaf Recipe Even Better?
This is an easy-to-prepare bomb meatloaf recipe that everyone will enjoy eating at home or on special occasions.
The secret behind this tasty food is quite simple – it has a lot of vegetables added into the mix which makes it extra healthy as well as full of flavor.
You may wonder how adding more veggies into a dish like this helps improve its taste.
Well, when you add lots of vegetables such as spinach, carrots, onion, celery, broccoli and green beans, they help boost up the nutrition value of your meal without sacrificing any of the flavor.
Why should you use fresh ingredients instead of canned ones?
When cooking bomb meatloaf, you need to ensure that all of the ingredients are fresh.
You don’t want to use anything old or stale since these foods tend to lose their nutrients over time.
When using fresh ingredients, you get the best quality possible which means you won’t compromise on taste or texture.
Fresh foods also keep longer than those stored under refrigeration.
Make sure you read the label before buying produce items!
If you buy packaged produce items, you must always check what type of packaging they come in.
These packages usually contain chemicals used for preservation purposes.
If you choose not to eat these things, then you should avoid them from being cooked in your meals because these additives could harm you.
What Are Some Alternative Ways To Cook A Bomb Meat
You can also use this tasty recipe as inspiration for other meals or add-ins to the meatloaf such as mashed potatoes or baked beans.
- Add chopped onions, green peppers, garlic, carrots, celery, herbs, spices, and cheese into the mix before baking it off.
- Use ground turkey instead of beef.
- Omit the breadcrumbs and serve it on top of a bed of rice along with a side salad of your choice.
- Try adding leftover BBQ sauce to the mixture before cooking.
To get started making this delicious dish, follow these simple steps.
Here is what you need to prepare this delightful meatloaf:
- 1 pound (455 grams) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (100 grams) dry bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups (350 mL) ketchup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
In addition to all of those ingredients listed above, here are some more tips to keep in mind when preparing this delicious meal:
- Make sure to soak the bread crumbs overnight so they absorb the moisture from the meatloaf mix.
- If you prefer to bake the meal, try using an oven proof pan like a casserole dish.
- Also, consider preheating the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- When mixing everything together, remember to knead the meatloaf as much as possible while keeping the ingredients evenly distributed throughout the loaf.
- After forming the meatloaf, place it into a 9×13 inch (23cm x 33 cm) baking dish until ready to cook off.
- Bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for about 1 hour or until cooked through. Remove it from the oven and let cool down completely before serving up a plateful.
Step 1: In order to prevent any bacteria growth during the preparation process, first rinse the meatloaf mix under cold water.
Step 2: Next, drain the rinsed meatloaf mix well by patting them dry with paper towels and set aside.
Step 3: Now, add the following ingredients into a bowl: Step 4: Add the remaining ingredients to a separate bowl and mix them thoroughly together.
Make sure to incorporate all of the wet ingredients into the dry ones.
Step 5: Once mixed properly, form the meatloaf mix into a flat shape and then place it into a baking dish.
Step 6: Use a spoon to spread the meatloaf mix out evenly across the entire surface area of the baking dish once again.
Step 7: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and then put it inside of a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Step 8: Afterward, remove the cover and sprinkle the meatloaf mix with the bread crumb topping.
Place it back in the fridge for another 15 minutes.
Step 9: Preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and allow it to heat up for 10 minutes.
Step 10: Take the baking dish out of the fridge and carefully pour hot water around the sides of the dish to create steam.
Then, take the baking dish out of the oven once the water has evaporated.
Step 11: Put the meatloaf mix back into the oven and continue to bake it for 45 minutes.
Check to see how tender the meatloaf is after 25 minutes and if necessary, reduce the temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius).
Step 12: Allow the meatloaf to rest for 20 minutes before slicing it and serving it up on a warm platter.
- medium mixing bowl
- large loaf pan
- Small bowl
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup onion finely diced (or grate it if your kids will freak out if they see a piece of onion)
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ground beef, oatmeal, milk, egg, onion, salt, and pepper. Incorporate everything into the meat with your hand. This only takes about 30 seconds. You don’t want to over-mix the ingredients.
- Place the meat in a large loaf pan and press it down evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard for the glaze. Pour over meatloaf evenly.
- 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and set aside to drain any excess grease. Allow for 5 minutes before serving.