There’s a lot to love about the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer, including its ability to make delicious meals without oil or grease.
What Is The Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer?
The Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer is one of those kitchen appliances that you either fall in love with immediately or never want to touch again.
It has an easy-to-use interface and comes with lots of recipes for quick cooking, but still manages to taste great.
It also uses less energy than traditional air frying, which makes this appliance eco friendly.
So whether you need something fast, healthy, or just plain fun to eat out at night, the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer will be your new best friend.
How Does It Work?
The Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer uses convection heat instead of direct heat like conventional ovens do.
The result is that your food cooks faster than if you were cooking it on your stovetop or in your microwave!
This type of heating system has been around for years, but this particular model takes advantage of technology to create a “hot spot” where food gets cooked fast and then moves up into cooler spots with less time to finish cooking.
It also includes adjustable temperature settings so you get more control over how well-cooked your food turns out.
You can find many different models available at retailers, all offering similar features, but there are some slight variations between brands.
For example, one model might come with a basket while another comes with a mesh insert tray, which allows you to place more items inside the device without having to remove them from the hot surface.
Some models have larger capacity trays while others have smaller ones, so be sure to check those specs before making a purchase.
- Convection – Conventional ovens rely on radiant heat from a flame above the food being prepared. With an air fryer, the food itself heats the surrounding air, causing the outer layer (the part closest to the pan) to cook much quicker than the inner layers.
- Adjustable Temperature Settings – Most air fryers offer two separate temperatures, one setting for high temp and one for low temp, allowing you to choose what kind of results you want for each item. If you’re trying to avoid deep frying, a lower temperature may be better for you because it won’t produce as much fat and oil as traditional methods.
- Large Capacity Basket – Many air fryers have large capacity baskets that hold multiple servings of food at once. You simply load food into the basket and put it in the air fryer until it’s ready to eat. If you don’t need enough space for everyone in your family to enjoy their meal, this feature can save you money by not buying extra plates, bowls, and serving utensils.
- Mesh Insert Tray – Some models include a mesh insert tray that sits below the main container, providing additional room for foods to fit inside the unit. This allows you to cook larger quantities, reducing waste and saving time by eliminating the need to clean dishes after eating.
- BPA Free Plastic Containers – Although most people consider plastic containers to be unhealthy, they actually aren’t. In fact, manufacturers claim that Bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical used in manufacturing plastics, isn’t harmful to humans when ingested. To reduce exposure to these chemicals, the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer comes with BPA free plastic lids and containers, ensuring no harm comes to your food.
- Anti-Spill Lid – Spilled liquids are always inconvenient, especially when they contain expensive ingredients. The anti-spill lid helps keep liquids off the heating element, preventing spills and keeping everything safe and healthy.
- Pizza Cutter Included – When you’re eating pizza night after night, it can feel pretty repetitive to take apart a frozen pizza just to slice it. Luckily, the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer comes with a built-in pizza cutter, allowing you to cut slices easily without needing any tools.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer?
The best part is that your favorite foods come out crispy on the outside, tender inside, with no added fat—and all done within minutes!
You don’t have to worry about burning yourself when handling hot pans, either.
The nonstick coating on this appliance helps to keep things from sticking together while cooking.
Not only do these appliances save time and money by eliminating the need for oil and other ingredients like butter, salt, and pepper, but they also reduce waste because there’s less packaging involved.
It cooks quickly
Air frying takes less time than most traditional methods of preparing fried food, such as deep-frying, pan-frying, or even baking.
It also doesn’t take up much space compared to ovens.
If you want to get ahead of the game, just pop some frozen fries into the air fryer before heading off to work so you won’t be tempted to grab something more convenient later.
Since you don’t need any oil, you aren’t going to have to clean up after yourself if you accidentally spill anything onto the stove top.
Fried food tastes better
When you eat fried food made in a conventional kitchen, you’re likely to end up eating large quantities over a long period of time because it has lots of unhealthy fats hidden away in processed meats, sauces, and dressings.
While this isn’t necessarily bad for your health, it’s not exactly great for your waistline either.
With air frying, you can enjoy healthier versions of popular dishes without sacrificing flavor.
This means that you can enjoy fried chicken, French fries, onion rings, and other fried favorites without worrying about excess calories, cholesterol, saturated fat, trans fat, sodium, or carbs.
And since air frying uses little or no oil, you can avoid having to buy extra condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and salad dressing at dinner time.
If you’ve been trying to find ways to improve your diet lately, then the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer might be right for you.
Instead of reaching for a bag of chips or another snack item full of sugar and preservatives, you could opt for healthy alternatives instead.
For example, rather than grabbing a box of doughnuts to munch on during a break from work, why not try making homemade breakfast burritos that taste just as good (if not better)?
Or how about dipping strawberries, bananas, apples, oranges, mangoes, pears, melons, peaches, nectarines, plums, cherries, kiwis, watermelon rind, grapes, and tomatoes in plain yogurt and topping them with granola cereal for a quick breakfast meal?
These ideas aren’t limited to snacks and desserts alone.
There are plenty of savory items that you can prepare using this appliance too!
Because air frying requires very little oil, there’s almost no chance of spills happening.
And if you do happen to drop something onto the burner, it’ll burn itself out pretty easily and with minimal damage.
Afterward, all that’s left behind is dry ash, which can simply be brushed off with a damp cloth or paper towel.
Is It Safe To Use Aluminum Foil In An Air Fryer?
The short answer is yes — but only if you’re careful with your technique!
The thing that makes this appliance so versatile is its versatility.
It has the power to transform almost any type of meal into something completely edible.
But there are things you should know before you start frying up a batch of chicken wings or burgers.
How to Use An Air Fryer Safely
Air-frying is an easy way to prepare foods quickly and easily.
However, as with all cooking methods, there are precautions you need to take when using one.
- Use nonstick pans whenever possible.
- Always keep the unit at least 3 inches away from anything flammable (such as curtains).
- Keep raw meat under 2 inches away from the heating element.
- Avoid placing metal utensils directly on top of the pan surface.
- Never place hot items directly onto cold surfaces.
- Do not use an air fryer while it is plugged in.
- Make sure not to leave the door open during high heat settings.
- Don’t touch the temperature dial while the machine is running.
- If you notice smoke coming out of the unit, immediately turn off the power source and wait 30 seconds before resetting the unit.
- Only clean the air fryer by hand after each use.
What Are Some Tips For Using An Air Fryer?
With these safety rules in mind, let’s explore how we can safely enjoy the many advantages of the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer.
- Fry Food: Place food inside the air fryer basket and close the lid. Turn the unit on low heat setting and allow the basket to preheat for 5 minutes. Once the food starts to sizzle, adjust the heat level to medium and continue to cook until desired doneness is reached.
- Bake Bread: Follow instructions above, except instead of turning the temperature down, increase the time to 10 minutes. If the bread dough doesn’t seem to be rising properly, reduce baking temperature slightly.
- Roast Chicken: Preheat oven to 200° Fahrenheit. Remove the skin from the bird and discard. Pat dry the cavity with paper towels. Stuff the cavity with lemon slices and garlic cloves. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Rub the entire exterior of the chicken with olive oil. Wrap the chicken in aluminum foil and place it in the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, then remove the chicken and uncover it. Allow the chicken to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Prepare French Fries: In a large pot filled with salted water, bring potatoes to boil over high heat. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on size of potato pieces. Drain and pat them dry with paper towel. Cut each piece lengthwise into quarters. Spray each quarter lightly with vegetable spray and season with salt and pepper. Arrange fries in a single layer on a wire cooling rack placed over a sheet tray. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cook Potatoes: Peel and cut potatoes into wedges. Sprinkle with salt and toss gently to mix well. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone liner. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle generously with coarse sea salt. Toss gently to coat. Roast in a 450º Fahrenheit oven for 25 to 35 minutes, stirring twice, until golden brown and tender throughout.
- Precooking Vegetables: Prepare vegetables such as onions, green peppers and mushrooms by slicing thinly. Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add vegetables, cover and sauté until softened, about 4 to 6 minutes. Uncover and add tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir in enough water to moisten mixture, then return to the stovetop. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 14 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates and vegetables begin to caramelize.
- Cook Meat: To avoid burning steaks, first sear them on each side in a cast iron pan over high heat. Transfer the pan to the air fryer and lower the temperature setting to 400 degrees. Sear the steak for 7 to 9 minutes per side, rotating once halfway through cooking. After removal from the air fryer, transfer to a cutting board and slice against the grain.
So now that you have learned what you can do with the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer, get ready to try out your new skills.
And remember, it’s best to always check product recommendations and reviews before buying.
What Are Some Tips For Using An Air Fryer?
Air frying is becoming more popular as people try to eat healthier by reducing their intake of saturated fats.
The Emeril Lagasse Air Frier is one option that makes this possible while still providing the taste and texture of fried foods like french fries and chicken nuggets.
It also has the benefit of being able to be used safely on your countertop with no need for special heating options when cooking.
You may have noticed that some recipes call for baking soda instead of flour.
When you bake something in an oven, flour acts as a binder and helps things brown up nicely.
Baking powder does the same thing.
In addition, baking powder contains leavening agents that cause the dough to rise.
If you want to know how to make homemade bread, check out our guide here!
Flour is made from wheat, corn, rye, oats, barley, spelt, triticale, and other grains.
Bread is baked in large batches at high heat and then sliced and packaged into loaves.
Flour is ground to create various types of products such as pasta, crackers, cookies, pie crust, and cake batter.
When you bake something in an oven, flour works well because it allows the food to brown and crisp up nicely.
However, if you use too much flour, the food ends up tasting very dense.
To avoid this, you might add an acidifier such as cream of tartar (also known as potassium bitartrate) which prevents the proteins from forming gluten bonds.
Cream of tartar is found in many different places.
For example, you can buy it in grocery stores near the baking section.
It is also available online through Amazon and eBay.
However, there are times when you don’t want to use flour.
One example would be when you’re making potato chips.
Without flour, these tend to get soggy and lose their crunchiness quickly.
So what should you do?
Use baking soda instead!
Baking soda is another ingredient often found in baking supplies and comes from the word “bake” in the name itself.
Baking soda neutralizes acids so that they won’t affect the rest of the recipe.
As we mentioned above, baking powder contains leavening agents which cause dough to rise.
But what happens when you mix baking powder with water?
Well, the leavening agent reacts with the water creating carbon dioxide gas bubbles and causing the mixture to expand and puff up.
The combination of baking soda and baking powder creates a similar reaction.
Therefore, baking soda is usually combined with baking powder to produce a chemical reaction that raises the pH level of the solution.
It’s important to note that not all baking powders contain both ingredients.
Some only include baking powder and others just contain baking soda.
How Do You Clean An Air Fryer?
It is important to keep your air fryer clean at all times.
Cleaning it properly will extend the life of the unit and reduce the risk of bacterial growth.
If you do not keep your air fryer clean, bacteria could grow on the surface of the basket, which would lead to food poisoning if consumed.
To start cleaning out your air fryer, remove the basket by turning one of the knobs counterclockwise until it stops moving.
Then lift up the top panel of the unit with both hands.
Once this panel is removed, take a damp cloth and wipe down the exterior of the air fryer.
The inside should also be wiped down to remove any food residue that may have collected during cooking.
If there is food stuck to the heating elements within the air fryer, simply run water through these parts before wiping them down with a wet cloth.
Be sure to dry off the heating element well after washing it so that it does not get damaged when being used again.
Cleaning the filter screen
The filter screen located beneath the lid of the air fryer acts as a barrier between the hot air circulating from underneath the basket and the cold air entering the air fryer.
It is important to replace the filter every time you wash your air fryer because this part has been known to clog over time and cause issues like uneven cooking.
Be aware that the filter screen needs to be cleaned more frequently than other components due to its proximity to the heating element.
To remove the filter screen, turn the knob clockwise until the unit comes into place.
Remove the filter screen by pulling it upward.
Then rinse the filter screen thoroughly under running water to ensure that no food debris remains trapped within.
Washing the interior of the air fryer
After removing the filter screen, you should now move onto the next step of cleaning your air fryer.
Wash the interior of the air fryer thoroughly using a sponge, dish soap, and warm water.
Be careful not to let the water drip on the heating element while doing this process.
Once you complete the above steps, allow your air fryer to dry completely before putting it back together (or replacing the filter screen).
What Are Some Recipes That Can Be Made In An Air Fryer?
You can use the air fryer for anything from baking bread to microwaving meatballs.
The Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer also has plenty of uses for those who want to eat healthier.
There are many healthy recipes out there, but they often require a lot more time than other options such as stir-frying vegetables with garlic.
The Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer makes it easy to whip up these dishes quickly so everyone can enjoy them too!
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Garlic
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- Easy Baked Ziti
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Crispy French Fries
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- Microwaved Meatballs
- Vegetable Medley
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Cheesy Broccoli Bake
- Oven Fried Tofu
- Zucchini Bread
- Coconut Rice Pudding
- Soups and Salads
- Breakfast Burritos
- Salad Dressing
- Pasta Sauce
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Miniature Donuts
- Cake Mix
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Potato Chips
- Hamburger Helper
- Meat Loaf
- French Toast
- Tuna Cakes
- Granola Bars
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Frozen Yogurt
- Brownie Bites
How Do You Know When Food Is Done Cooking In An Air Fryer?
You don’t have to worry too much about how long your meal takes to cook in an air fryer as they tend to cook things faster than conventional ovens.
If you’re looking for something quick and easy to prepare then this appliance may be perfect for you.
If you want to learn more about what kind of dishes you can create with it, check out our guide on creating healthy snacks, appetizers, and entrees in the air fryer.
Air fryers come in different sizes
The Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer comes in three different sizes, which means you need to decide which one best suits your needs before buying it.
- Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer XL – $89.99
- Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer II (Original) – $79.95
- Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer III – $129.99
All three models include an additional basket underneath to keep foods from falling through while they’re cooking.
They also feature temperature controls so you can easily choose between low, medium, and high heat settings.
What Are Some Safety Precautions To Take When Using An Air Fryer?
If you have never used an air fryer before, it might be hard for you to believe that this appliance could actually be dangerous to your health.
However, if you want to ensure that you don’t get sick from accidentally inhaling fried foods, then read on!
The Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer allows you to prepare tasty dishes with little effort.
It cooks your food at extremely high temperatures, which means that you should always exercise caution while using one of these appliances.
Here we’ll explain what you need to know about safe ways to use an air fryer.
Don’t leave the air fryer unattended
As tempting as it may seem, it’s important that you never leave an air fryer unsupervised.
If you’re not careful, the hot surface of the pan could cause severe burns or even damage to your skin.
In addition, the intense heat inside the oven can also cause smoke inhalation or carbon monoxide poisoning.
In order to avoid getting burned by the extreme temperature, it’s best to keep children away from the air fryer.
They shouldn’t be allowed near this type of device unless they’ve been trained properly, since their smaller bodies aren’t able to handle such high temperatures.
Keep the lid closed
You should always cover the top of the air fryer whenever you’re not using it.
The reason why is simple enough – the intense heat inside could easily burn you.
By covering up the entire vessel, you won’t expose yourself to potentially harmful levels of heat.
Clean the air fryer regularly
Even though the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer comes with cleaning instructions, it’s still worth taking extra care when washing down the appliance.
There’s nothing worse than having a burnt-on piece of food stuck to your plastic container after you forgot to clean it first!
To remove stubborn stains, try rubbing them off with a damp cloth or paper towel.
When you’re finished, wipe down the entire machine thoroughly with warm water and soap.
Don’t forget to rinse out all parts of the unit thoroughly afterwards.
Are There Any Other Uses
The Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer is great for cooking healthy foods like vegetables and fruit, but it also makes excellent chicken wings and french fries.
It can even be used as a panini press.
But what if you want to try something new with your air fryer?
You may have heard that you cannot put aluminum foil on the surface of your air fryer because it could damage the heating element.
But what if you don’t mind frying in aluminum foil?
Here are some tips for how to safely use this tool in your kitchen.
How to prepare aluminum foil
Aluminum foil does not conduct heat well and will only work as a shield from direct flames.
So before you start cooking, you need to cut pieces of aluminum foil large enough to cover the entire plate inside the air fryer basket.
If you do manage to burn yourself on the hot coils, remember that aluminum burns at around 600 degrees Fahrenheit (316 Celsius), so you should immediately remove all of the exposed metal parts of your body.
How to clean the air fryer
If you plan to use aluminum foil in the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer, you must thoroughly wash the appliance after every use.
The air fryer has a removable filter built into the bottom of the bowl itself.
Before you begin washing, turn off the power switch by opening the door at the top of the unit.
Remove the filter and rinse it under running water until no longer wet.
Dry the filter completely by placing it back over the hole in the bottom of the fryer and closing the lid.
Then wipe down the interior of the air fryer with soap and warm water.
How to cook with aluminum foil
When you are ready to cook with aluminum foil, place one sheet of paper towel over the center of your dish or pan.
Place two sheets of aluminum foil over the paper towels.
Now lay another piece of aluminum foil across the first two layers of aluminum foil. Make sure to tuck the edges underneath the outer layer of aluminum foil.
Finally, wrap your dish or pan tightly in aluminum foil.
Once you have wrapped up your meal, set the timer for three minutes and watch as the food cooks in complete darkness.
When the time is up, carefully open the aluminum foil package and enjoy your dinner!