The carbone spicy rigatoni is one of our favorite pasta dishes, but there’s no reason you should not try this out.
This dish has been around since the early 1900s.
You will find this recipe on many websites across the internet, including Epicurious.com.
If you have never tried making this dish before, then we recommend giving it a shot because this is an excellent choice for a warm dinner with family or friends.
There are so many possibilities when it comes to cooking this carbone spicy rigatoni!
1.What Are The Ingredients In A Carbone Spicy Rigatoni Recipe?
There are only four main ingredients needed for this recipe, which is why it makes such a good choice.
You can also add more spices if you want, but these are all necessary for the best results.
Carbone spicy rigatoni recipes usually include tomato sauce, rigatoni noodles, chicken broth, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning.
Some may even use bacon as well.
- Carbonara Sauce – A classic carbonara sauce uses pancetta (which means cured pork belly) to give it its characteristic flavor. It typically contains parmesan cheese, butter, cream, black pepper, and garlic.
- Chicken Broth – Chicken broth helps to create moisture and gives your dish some extra protein. Use low-fat broths if possible. Some people like to use whole milk instead of fat free.
- Rigatoni Noodles – Rigatoni noodles come from Italy and are made from durum wheat flour. They tend to be thicker than most other types of pasta, which adds another dimension to the final product. These noodles are easy to cook and hold their shape very well.
- Pepperoni – Pepperoni is a delicious food that has been enjoyed by Italians for centuries. In fact, the word “pepperoni” was first used in reference to the sausage back in the 1500s. Pepperedoni is often found on pizza menus today, but it is also sold separately as well. You can buy it already sliced into thin pieces, or cut up yourself at home. It is available in different flavors, including hot, mild, and sweet.
- Italian Seasoning – Italian seasonings contain basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, thyme, sage, parsley, bay leaves, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, and onion powder. All of these herbs and spices help to enhance the taste of your dish while adding additional nutrients as well.
In addition to these primary ingredients, you can add any number of optional items depending on what you prefer.
For example, you could sprinkle in some Parmesan cheese after mixing everything together.
Or you could opt for fresh mozzarella instead of the pepperoni slices.
Many people choose to top off their carbone spicy rigatoni with shredded cheddar cheese too.
Either way, you get a really tasty treat that everyone loves!
2.How Long Does It Take To Make A Carbone Spicy Rigatoni Recipe?
Carbonese Rigatoni Pasta Recipe is an easy-to-make recipe that takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, salt, pepper) into a bowl.
- Add cold water to create a doughlike consistency. Knead until smooth.
- Cut the dough into small pieces. You want to cut them just slightly smaller than your rigatoni noodles.
- Bring large pot filled with salted water to boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the noodles and cook according to package instructions.
This is the most basic way to prepare these noodles, and they taste delicious!
However, if you like something more unique, keep reading to learn how to make a homemade carbone spice sauce and how to use it with the pasta.
3.What Is The History Of The Carbone Spicy Rigatoni Recipe?
Carbonera Pasta Company was started in 1908 by a man named Angelo Carbonero, who had previously worked as a chef at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
He created his own line of pastas using only high quality ingredients from Italy and America.
In 1925, he opened up his first store called “Angelo Carbonaro & Sons” in New York City.
It wasn’t until 1952 that he began selling his products online.
By 1954, the company had grown enough to open its second location in Brooklyn, NY.
A third location followed in 1956, which led them to expand into different types of sauces, soups, and other items like crackers, breadsticks, and more.
In 1958, they launched their famous carbonara sauce.
They also made some new additions to their menu such as spaghetti marinara, linguine alfredo, raviolis, and lasagna.
Their website now boasts over 400 recipes, all designed for ease of use and quick preparation.
You can even purchase pasta machines and cookbooks if you do not feel confident about preparing your own meals.
Today, you can still buy pasta made by Carbonera through Amazon.
For those looking to spice things up, you might want to check out the Spicy Rigatoni Recipe below.
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Original)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Spicy)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Bacon)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Chicken Alfredo)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Cheesy)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Pizza)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Ravioli)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Meatballs)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Macaroni + Cheese)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Lasagna)
- Carbone Spicy Rigatoni (Fettuccini)
4.How Did The Carbone Spicy Rigatoni Recipe Come To Be?
This carbone spice rigatoni was created in 1919 by Italian immigrant Luigi Carbone.
He had recently immigrated from Italy to America and he wanted to share his love of food with others.
So, he decided to create a new style of pasta dish that would stand out among other pastas.
After creating this dish, his business thrived as people started asking him about how they could make their own version of the carbone spicy rigatoni.
5.What Are The Different Variations Of The Carbone Spicy Rigatoni Recipe?
There are several ways you can cook this carbone spicy rigatoni recipe.
For instance, you may want to use your own brand of Italian seasoning, instead of using the generic brands.
It’s also possible to substitute garlic powder for fresh garlic cloves.
You could even add a dollop of sour cream in place of heavy whipping cream.
Finally, if you do not like peppers, then you can swap them out for any other type of pepper, such as jalapenos or bell peppers.
It really depends on what ingredients you prefer.
However, the basic carbone spicy rigatoni recipe remains pretty consistent from person to person.
Here are some additional tips regarding how to make this carbone spicy rigatoni recipe:
- Use whole wheat penne pasta noodles.
- Brown ground beef thoroughly in a skillet.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, and carrots in the pan after browning beef.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat mixture from heat and set aside.
- Bring water and salt to boil in a large pot.
- Once boiling, add spaghetti and stir well to ensure all strands are coated evenly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While waiting for pasta to cook, combine sauce ingredients (ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar) in a bowl.
- Stirring constantly, bring sauce to a simmer over low heat.
- When pasta is cooked al dente, drain excess liquid and return pasta to hot pot.
- Pour 1/3 cup of sauce onto bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Arrange half of the cooked pasta into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese and half of the chopped broccoli on top of pasta.
- Repeat layering process by placing remaining pasta, cheese, and broccoli in layers, finishing with the last layer of pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
There are so many different recipes available online.
In fact, you might just find yourself inspired to create something new, especially now that you know how easy it is to tweak this carbone spicy rigatoni recipe to fit your personal taste buds.
6.How Popular Is The Carbone Spicy Rigatoni Recipe?
This carbone spicy rigatoni recipe is quite simple to make as well as delicious.
You can easily prepare this recipe in less than 30 minutes.
You don’t need much equipment either.
As long as you have a pot, a pan, and a knife, you are good to go.
It only takes two ingredients: spaghetti and tomato sauce.
- Carbonne Rigatoni Spicy Carbonara Recipe [Recipe]
- Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe [Recipe]
- Easy Spaghetti Carbonara Sauce Recipe [Recipe]
If you love carbonara, then you may want to check out these other recipes too.
7.What Are Some Reviews Of The Carbone Spicy Rigatoni Recipe?
Carbondale Pasta Company was founded in 1894 by Italian immigrant Luigi Carbone.
He created his own unique style of pasta using 100% durum wheat flour from Italy.
For over 130 years Carbondale Pasta Company has continued to make their pasta with only the best ingredients available.
In fact, they use organic whole eggs produced by local farms.
Their website boasts over 60 recipes ranging from appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, and desserts.
They also offer gluten-free options, vegetarian meals, vegan meals, and low-carbohydrate diets.
All of these delicious recipes can be found online at their official site.
We love the carbone spicy rigatoni recipe because it is very easy to prepare and looks beautiful when served up as part of your next get together.
You can create different flavors depending on what spices you choose to add.
We highly recommend trying this classic carbone spicy rigatoni recipe if you haven’t already made it before!
8.How Can The Carbone Spicy Rigatoni Recipe Be Improved?
When preparing this carbone spicy rigatoni recipe, you will want to make sure everything goes well together.
You also need to use quality ingredients in your recipe.
When using fresh herbs, always wash them first and dry them off before chopping.
Fresh vegetables will help add flavor to any dish you prepare.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
To cook the carbone spicy rigatoni recipe, start by heating up 2 quarts of water in a large pot over medium heat.
Once hot enough, drop in the pasta and stir until all pieces are submerged.
Cook according to package directions.
While the pasta cooks, sauté the onions, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
After 5 minutes, pour in the vegetable broth and reduce heat to low.
Add the tomato paste after 1 minute.
Stir constantly for another 3 minutes.
Turn off heat.
In a separate pan, season the rigatoni with salt and pepper.
Once cooked, drain excess liquid from the pasta, reserving about half of the liquid.
Toss both pans together.
Pour in the sauce, mix thoroughly, and serve immediately.
This carbone spicy rigatoni recipe was originally published on Epicurious.com in 2011.
It has been updated to include more information and recipes related to other types of pasta.
9.What Are Spicy Rigatoni Recipe?
Spicy Rigatoni Recipe include these ingredients:
- 1 pound (454 grams) uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups (960 milliliters) whole milk
- 3/4 cup (150 milliliters) olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 C).
Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot over high heat.
Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, then add rigatoni.
Cook until al dente, about 5 minutes.
Drain rigatoni well in colander, shaking off excess water as they drain.
In small saucepan, bring 2 cups whole milk, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 6 cloves garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper to simmering point.
Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
Whisk vigorously until mixture thickens slightly.
Stir in remaining 1 cup whole milk and cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
When ready to serve, toss rigatoni with creamy cheese sauce, dividing evenly between bowls.
- 1 Toaster Oven
- 1 pound uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 C). Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, then add rigatoni. Cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain rigatoni well in colander, shaking off excess water as they drain. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, bring 2 cups whole milk, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 6 cloves garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper to simmering point. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk vigorously until mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup whole milk and cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- When ready to serve, toss rigatoni with creamy cheese sauce, dividing evenly between bowls. Serve immediately.