Chick-Fil-A has been around since 1967.
The chain offers fast food that is not only delicious but also nutritious.
Their menu features items like sandwiches, salads, wraps, soups, sides, and desserts.
The most popular item on their menu is their Chicken Noodle Soup.
This dish comes with either white or brown rice noodles, along with shredded rotisserie chicken (or boneless skinless thighs).
What Are The Ingredients In ChickfilA Chicken Noodle Soup?
Chicken broth, water, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cornstarch, chicken bouillon cubes, chicken breast strips, dried parsley flakes, dehydrated onions, dehydrated carrots, dehydrated celery, and dehydrated bell peppers.
Here’s a look at what else goes into this tasty meal.
- 1/3 cup of chicken stock
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch dissolved in 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup of diced green pepper
- 5 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated onions
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated carrots
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated celery
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated purple bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of dehydrated green tomato
- 6 ounces of cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 package of uncooked rice noodles
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Ground thyme to taste
- Cooked bacon bits to garnish
- Directions: In a large pot over medium heat, add 2 quarts of water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring it to a boil. Once the water boils, reduce the heat to low and stir in the corn starch mixture. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
How Do You Make ChickfilA Chicken Noodle Soup?
This classic meal can be made as an appetizer, main course, or side dish.
You can purchase this product from your local grocery store, or order it online through Amazon if you’re looking to get some at home quick.
If you want to try making it yourself, here’s how you can make it!
- Bring water to boil.
- Peel and chop onion into small pieces.
- Add to pot and simmer until tender.
- Add carrot and celery sticks to onions and continue cooking until carrots become soft.
- In another pan, add oil and sauté garlic over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Pour broth into pan with garlic and bring to a full boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, shred chicken using two forks.
- Add to broth mixture, stir well, then let cook for about 10 minutes or until heated throughout.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, cover, and allow to cool slightly before serving.
What Is The Nutritional Information For ChickfilA Chicken Noodle Soup?
There are two versions of this dish available in stores: regular and organic.
Both contain about 800 calories per serving, which makes it one of the healthier options at Chick-Fil-A.
If you want to add more vegetables to your diet, consider adding some fresh veggies to your order.
They have broccoli florets, green beans, carrots, corn, peas, and red bell peppers.
All of these ingredients are low calorie and high in nutrients, including vitamins A, C, B6, E, and K.
As far as carbohydrates go, they offer whole grain breads, tortillas, and biscuits.
These are all good sources of fiber.
For protein, there’s plenty of chicken in both versions.
You get 12 grams of protein from each serving, and 8 percent of those proteins come from fat.
That means you won’t feel hungry after eating this meal!
While the nutrition facts may seem healthy, the ingredients aren’t necessarily so.
One of the main components of the soup is sodium, which can be harmful if eaten too much.
There are 456 milligrams of sodium in 1 cup of the original soup, which is way over the recommended daily limit of 2,300 mg.
If you decide to try the organic version, then you will get an additional 50% less salt than what’s found in the original.
Overall, though, the amount of salt isn’t overwhelming.
You don’t need to worry about the cholesterol content of the soup either.
There are no trans fats in any of the dishes here.
The original contains 0 grams while the organic version has 6 grams.
As long as you stick to moderation when consuming foods containing saturated fat, you shouldn’t have to worry about getting enough of them in your diet.
Both versions of the soup include zero sugar.
However, the original does contain artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose, saccharin, neotame, and acesulfame potassium.
While none of these additives are going to kill you, they might cause digestive problems.
To avoid this issue, opt for the organic version.
Where Can I Find The ChickfilA Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe?
You’ll have to head over to the official website of Chick-Fil-A if you want to try this recipe out yourself.
However, there is another way to get some recipes online that will allow us all to enjoy the taste of this amazing chicken noodle soup without having to visit the restaurant.
There are a lot of websites dedicated to sharing recipes from different restaurants.
One such site is Recipezaar.com which allows users to upload their own recipes as well as those shared by others.
The site boasts more than 10 million user created recipes!
If you search “chicken noodle soup” on Recipezaar.com you will see several results.
You can click on any of these links to view the original recipe.
In addition to being able to read the full instructions for making the soup, you will be able to download it directly into your computer so you can make it at home.
Recipezaar does not host the actual file itself, rather they link to sites where people have uploaded the files themselves.
So, in order to access the recipe, we need to first go to the source.
The recipe linked above goes back to one of those sources.
If you scroll down the page a bit, you should be able to find the recipe that we are looking for.
Note: We have made sure that the recipe was still available when we took the screenshot below.
However, it may no longer exist.
In our case, we found the recipe on the website of the blog, Where Can I Find Recipes To Make At Home?.
When we clicked on the image of the chick fila noodle soup, we were taken to the recipe posted on the blog.
We then went through the steps of downloading the recipe from the blog into our computer.
Once done, we could follow the directions given in the blog post to recreate this tasty meal at home.
It turns out that this recipe is actually pretty easy to put together.
All the ingredients come together easily and quickly.
There isn’t much prep work involved, just chopping up vegetables and shredding meat.
The hardest part about this recipe is waiting until everything is cooked before adding the sauce.
But once the sauce is added, the rest takes very little time to complete.
This is an excellent example of how internet resources can help us save money while providing us with healthy meals.
Not only did we avoid spending hours scouring the web searching for a similar recipe, but we saved money too because we didn’t have to pay for takeout or drive across town to pick something up off of a shelf.
How Many Calories Are In ChickfilA Chicken Noodle Soup?
The calorie count of this soup varies depending on whether you choose to add extra ingredients such as cheese, broccoli, peppers, etc.
If you choose to use the low-fat version of the broth from the chicken, you will save yourself some fat, but it’s still going to be high in sodium.
However, if you choose to go with the regular version, then you’ll have more room for toppings!
If you want to keep things simple, just stick with the original flavor.
There is no need to add any extras as it already contains enough vegetables and protein to satisfy your appetite.
Here are the nutritional facts according to SmartPointsPlus:
- Calories: 205 per cup
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbs: 31 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Fiber: 4 g
This means that one serving of this soup provides about 100 calories worth of nutrition.
You could eat three servings of this soup and still remain under the daily recommended intake of 2,000 calories.
Is ChickfilA Chicken Noodle Soup Healthy?
Chicken noodle soup is an easy way to get protein into your diet without having to spend much money.
A 16 ounce serving contains just 200 calories and 11 grams of fat.
That’s about half of what you would find in a single meal from McDonald’s.
In addition to being low calorie and high in nutrition, it is also very affordable.
If you want more flavor than plain old broth, try adding vegetables such as carrots, celery, onions, peas, or even chicken stock cubes.
You can also add some spices if you feel like making this healthier.
You should eat at least 2 cups of whole grains each week.
Whole grains include oats, barley, quinoa, buckwheat, and cornmeal.
They provide fiber and nutrients that help keep our bodies functioning properly.
If you do not have time to cook them yourself, look for pre-made ones in your grocery store.
Some companies make grain products that contain all five essential amino acids which makes them ideal for vegetarians who cannot consume meat.
What Is The Price Of ChickfilA Chicken Noodle Soup?
Chicken noodle soup can be found in many different flavors at restaurants across America.
However, it’s hard to find this classic meal anywhere near your local grocery store unless you live in one of the cities where they have locations.
So what makes this particular chicken noodle soup so special?
Well, besides being an easy way to get nourishment during cold weather months, there are some other benefits to eating this dish regularly.
Let’s take a look at how much money you would spend if you were going to order yourself a bowl of this delicious soup every single time you go out to eat.
- Ordering the same thing each time saves you the hassle of choosing which toppings and condiments you want to add to your meal.
- You don’t need to worry about ordering a large enough portion because you know exactly what size container you will receive when you place your order.
- This is a good option for those who are trying to lose weight by cutting down on calories and fat content.
How Does ChickfilA Chicken Noodle Soup Taste?
In general, it tastes very good.
I have tried several different varieties of this soup and each one was tasty.
To add to this, there are many ways you can customize your bowl.
For example, you can choose from three types of broth, two types of noodles, four kinds of veggies, three sauces, and six seasonings.
I found that if you want something more filling and less sweet than the original version, then you should try the “Extra Extra” option.
You get twice as much chicken in every serving and it doesn’t come at an extra cost.
If you don’t care about how healthy the ingredients are, then feel free to go ahead and order the original version.
In my opinion, it would be better to eat healthier because the benefits outweigh what you save by skipping a few calories.
- 1 Pot
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 ribs celery
- 4 carrots diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon Bouillon chicken base
- Over medium-high heat, add butter, diced celery, and carrots to a sizable stockpot. 3 minutes of sauteing. Cook the garlic for 30 more seconds after adding it.
- Add chicken stock and season the soup with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, rosemary, sage, and crushed red pepper before tasting it. When necessary, taste and add “better than bullion” chicken bouillon cubes or granules.
- Boiling the broth. Add the noodles and cook them just until they are al dente, using either dry store-bought pasta or uncooked homemade egg noodles.
- Be careful not to overcook store-bought noodles if using them! Once they are just barely soft, turn off the heat. You don’t want the noodles to become mushy since they will continue to cook once the heat is turned off.
- Chicken from the rotisserie chicken should be added. Once more tasting the soup, adjust the seasoning as desired.
- Depending on how fresh your chicken was, keep leftovers in an airtight jar in the fridge for 4-5 days.