Chicken bread is a bread that comes in the form of sliced bread with chicken mince filling.
As its name suggests, it is made using bread as the base and chicken as the filling .
The dish contains an assortment of savory flavors to entice your taste buds.
The combination of the savory flavors of the chicken and the sweetness of the bread make for a mouthwatering dish .
The unique combination of flavors make for an unforgettable experience that you won’t soon forget.
What ingredients are needed to make chicken bread?
The recipe calls for a variety of ingredients.
In fact, the list is so long that it is intimidating to cook .
However, as long as you keep your cool and follow the guide, you will be able to cook this dish by yourself.
- Chicken mince
- Chicken breast
- Mostly butter (optional)
How long does it take to make chicken bread?
Chicken bread is a very simple dish to make .
You can prepare it in roughly half an hour, depending on the time taken to slice the bread.
You can slice the cooked chicken and mix it with the bread slices for about ten minutes to make the filling.
In this time, you can mix all other ingredients together.
The ingredients used for making chicken bread include:
- Chicken mince: It is a mixture of chopped chicken and vegetables .
- You can also use chicken thigh meat here.
- Cinnamon: It adds a lot of flavor to this meal.
- If you want to add more spices to it, taste the finished product before serving .
- Onion powder: This makes the dish more flavorful.
- Cloves: This spice is traditionally used in Indian cuisine.
Is chicken bread suitable for vegetarians?
If you are a vegetarian, there is no way you can eat chicken bread.
However, if you do not follow a vegetarian diet, you can still enjoy the savory flavors of this bread .
What type of bread is used for chicken bread?
Chicken bread can be made using almost any type of bread.
Basic sliced white bread is the most popular choice, but you can also use pita bread too .
You’ll need the bread to be thin so that you can slice it into thin slices.
You can find white bread in most grocery stores or supermarkets .
You might want to check out this list of the best breads for chicken bread to find a suitable one.
Be aware that you should use a fine-grain white bread, not a whole wheat variety.
What is the best way to cook chicken bread?
There are different ways in which you can cook chicken bread .
You may cook it in the oven or on the stove top.
The method of cooking depends on the type of bread you are using as well as the amount of chicken filling provided to you.
Cooking it on the stove top requires that you follow instructions carefully and use a high-quality and functional stove .
Cooking the dish on the oven is made possible with pre-heating before and after you start cooking it.
Is it possible to freeze chicken bread?
Chicken bread is a recipe that is commonly cooked and served in many restaurants .
People also make chicken bread at home.
It is possible to freeze chicken bread as you can prepare it and freeze it for future use.
You can purchase meat already prepared or frozen and add the chicken mince to the saucepan .
The saucepan should be put on a medium-low heat, if not already warm.
Cook your chicken mince on low to medium-low heat for around 15 minutes to get the right texture of the meat.
Use the desired amount of chicken mince depending on the size of the loaf.
Add salt and pepper to taste .
If you want your chicken bread to have a sweet taste, add sugar or honey to your recipe.
What are the health benefits of eating chicken bread?
The chicken bread is an awesome snack to be savored with a cup of tea .
The chicken bread recipe comes with a number of health benefits.
Not only are they tasty, they are also good for you.
Here are some of the health benefits to be enjoyed by putting on your table:
- It is low in calories and fat.
- Chicken bread is an excellent source of protein and fat.
- It has no trans-fats and no cholesterol, making it very low in calories and fat .
- The chicken bread has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids.
- The omega-3 fatty acids found in this chicken bread recipe enhance brain function and prevent heart diseases .
- It reduces cholesterol.
- This is one of the many ingredients that help reduce the bad cholesterol i .e.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Anti-inflammatory properties promote the prevention and treatment of arthritis and other inflammatory diseases .
How can chicken bread be served as a meal?
Chicken bread can be served as a meal on its own or as an accompaniment to a main meal .
It can be eaten for lunch or dinner, just as you would eat any other food in its place.
The protein found in chicken breast meat is high in fat and low in carbohydrates .
Similarly, the bread used in this dish contains carbohydrates, including fiber.
They provide energy to the body.
Chicken bread is also rich in proteins and other nutrients that make it a nutritious snack or side dish .
Due to the high levels of fat found in chicken breast meat, it also provides additional energy for the body.
Therefore, if you are looking for a convenient meal that provides all of these nutrients, chicken bread is the right choice.
This recipe will give you an idea of how it can be made at home .
Is there a special technique to making chicken bread?
To make chicken bread, you need to slice the bread thinly and then spread the filling across it .
The chicken filling has a more complex flavor than those you usually find in a sandwich.
It is a mixture of spices, herbs and various other ingredients.
The chicken filling contains celery and onion, as well as spices like ground ginger and garlic.
You can choose to be adventurous and add some spices of your own choice or stick to the ones suggested.
You can also use sliced or chopped anchovies or capers in place of the anchovy paste (to learn more about capers, read here) .
The chicken bread is meant to be eaten with a generous helping of butter or mayonnaise .
You can also serve it with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice for a twist on the usual flavors.
Is there a way to make chicken bread without eggs?
Eggs are the king of bread making .
They are used as a binder and also help to give the bread dough its elasticity.
When it comes to creating chicken bread recipes, most people will use eggs for this purpose.
However, you can use alternative binders such as a combination of water and flour or bread crumbs .
The bread dough will be more elastic when using these alternative binders than using eggs as they have fluffier texture.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour 480 grams
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast 9.3 grams
- 2 tablespoon powdered milk 16 grams
- 1 teaspoon salt 6 grams
- 4 tablespoon olive oil 57 grams
- 2 eggs large
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar 4 grams
- 1 cup lukewarm water 237 ml 110 – 115 F
- 2 cups chicken boiled shredded, 280 grams
- 2 small onions 250 grams omelette cut
- ¼ teaspoon carom seeds
- ¼ teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt 5.69 grams
- 1 teaspoon black pepper crushed, 2.3 grams
- 4 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour 28 grams
- 2 tablespoon butter 30 grams
- ½ cup mushrooms 45 grams
- ½ cup red capsicum 75 grams
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream 115 grams
- ½ cup milk 100 grams
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, castor sugar, milk powder, yeast, oil, and egg.
- Knead slightly warm water into a medium soft dough.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil into the bowl and coat the dough on all sides. Wrap it in a clean cloth or plastic wrap.
- Allow the bread to rise in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Sauté the carom and nigella seeds for a few seconds. Sauté the chopped omelet cut onion for 3-4 minutes, or until it is slightly golden.
- Stir in the flour for a minute. While constantly stirring, add the heavy whipping cream and milk.
- Stir in the salt, red chili powder, and coriander leaves for a minute.
- Stir in the shredded chicken, mushroom, and capsicum until the milk evaporates and the consistency thickens.
Preparing the Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Make three equal parts of the dough. Each bread will weigh approximately 450 grams.
- Roll each ball into a rectangle and cut the rectangle’s sides diagonally from top to bottom.
- Fill the center with the chicken filling.
- Fold over the diagonal slits in a crisscross pattern, one slit on top of the other, and continue until the bread is finished.
- Finally, press the bread together. The bread will be shaped like a fish.
- Finish the bread with an egg wash and sprinkle with sesame and nigella seeds. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bread is light brown and crisp.