If you love the smoky flavors of chipotle peppers, then this recipe is for you.
This Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe is packed with flavor and is sure to be a crowd pleaser at any get-together.
What type of ingredients do you need for a Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe?
The ingredients for making a chipotle pollo asado recipe are not too complicated.
Basically, all you need is chicken, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, lime juice and cilantro.
The marinade can be prepared ahead of time and stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.
That means you can make this Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe, then let it sit in the fridge all day long, even during the busiest of days.
You will also need to purchase some tortillas and a few other things like oil and garlic.
How long does it take to prepare a Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe?
Preparing a recipe like this takes very little time.
If you have all of the ingredients already, then you can make it right away.
However, seeing as this is a relatively simple recipe, you might want to make a few substitutions in order to save time.
What type of cooking vessel is best for making a Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe?
The Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe is an easy one to prepare.
For the best results, use a stovetop or grill to cook the chicken.
The best cooking vessel for this recipe depends on how you plan to serve it.
In a large bowl, combine the chipotle peppers, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and salt together in a skillet over medium-low heat.
Cook until the peppers begin to take on some color and release their juices.
Add the chicken and stir to coat well with the marinade.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to cook, preheat your grill or stovetop pan to high heat.
Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.
How is the Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe typically served?
At Chipotle, the Pollo Asado recipe is typically served in a tortilla.
This dish is also an ideal choice for a small get-together because it’s easy to make on your own.
You can also serve the chicken with warm tortillas, just like you would with any other dish at Chipotle.
What type of side dishes can be paired with a Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe?
If you love a good side dish, then this recipe is definitely for you.
The Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe is perfect with warm tortillas and some of your favorite toppings.
If you’re looking for something sweet to accompany the spicy chicken, try roasting some peppers.
They have a sweet, smoky flavor that will complement the chipotle peppers in this recipe.
The best side dish to pair with this Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe are some of the other main ingredients.
For example, if you’re looking for a good amount of heat, then you want to try some of the jalapeno flavored ingredients, including the red and green peppers.
The fresh lime juice also enhances these flavors, as does the cilantro.
If you’re looking for a good amount of sweetness, then pair it with some fresh mangoes or pineapple.
You can also try these roasted red pepper dip mix packets from Amazon.
These will provide an extra burst of flavor that is sure to enhance your meal.
What type of marinade should be used for a Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe?
The marinade for this recipe is incredibly easy to prepare.
It’s a simple blend of chipotle peppers, lime juice, and cilantro.
The marinade is equally delicious on chicken wings and pork.
If you love the flavors of chipotle peppers, then you’ll love this dish.
Chipotles are smoked jalapenos that are remarkably similar to other spicy peppers in flavor and heat.
They are mildy spicy and add a fiery kick to many dishes like tacos, burritos, and enchiladas.
What are some tips for making a perfect Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe?
The key ingredient in this Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe is the marinade.
The marinade combines smoky chipotle peppers, zesty lime juice and fresh cilantro to create a unique flavor that will have your guests begging for more.
What kind of heat should be used for cooking a Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe?
As you will see below, this dish is not spicy.
On the other hand, the chipotle peppers in this recipe give the chicken a smoky flavor that is mouthwatering.
This Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe is not spicy, and you can use any heat level that you prefer to create your desired level of spice.
If you want it spicier, simply add more chipotle peppers or adjust the amount of cayenne pepper used.
If you like a very mild heat, then cut out half of the chipotle peppers.
If you are looking for a medium level of heat, then cut out about half of the cayenne pepper.
These adjustments will have minimal impact on the overall taste.
What are some variations of a Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe?
There are many ways that you can cook a Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe.
These variations vary based on the ingredients used, your personal preferences, or what is available in your area.
How can the flavor of a Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe be enhanced?
The flavor of a chipotle chicken asado recipe depends on the marination time and the type of peppers used. The longer the marination, the better the flavor.
If you love spicy foods, then you can use jalapeños instead of chipotles.
The amount of lime juice used also will affect the tanginess of the meat.
- 1 Pan
- 1 Large zippo Bag
- 6 (about 3.5 lbs.) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 large, dried guajillo peppers
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 lime juiced, plus extra for finishing
- 1 cup of no-pulp orange juice
- 3 TBL avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ TBL kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp. ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp. ground chipotle powder
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 TBL sugar
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flake
- 2 TBL of the chicken marinade
- 2 dashes each of garlic powder, onion powder & chipotle powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cranks of cracked pepper
- Boiling water should be used to soak the dried guajillo peppers for 20 to 30 minutes, or until they are very soft. 1 cup of orange juice, 1 lime juiced, avocado oil, garlic cloves, 12 TBL of kosher salt, cumin, and 1.5 tsp. of chipotle powder should all be combined in a blender. The guajillo peppers should be seeded and stemmed before being roughly chopped and added to a blender. All items should be pureed. The marinade should be set aside 2 TBL.
- Add the whole chicken thighs, marinade, diced onion, and chopped cilantro to a sizable Ziploc bag. Chicken should be marinated in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight. Seal the bag tightly.
- Start making the asado sauce once the chicken has fully marinated. Add all the asado sauce ingredients to a shakable container and shake vigorously. The asado sauce should be simmering in a small pot over medium heat. As soon as the sauce can adhere to the back of a spoon and has thickened and reduced, stir it regularly. Heat has been removed; set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet (or an outside grill) to a high, intense temperature. Spread some canola oil on the skillet. Cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes on each side, or until it has a good, blackened crust and reaches 165 degrees inside. Smaller batches might be necessary; keep the pan from becoming overcrowded to ensure the formation of a scorched crust.
- When the chicken is done, take it off the fire, put it on a cutting board, and give it five minutes to rest before chopping. Chicken should be chopped into 14 inch chunks and added to a mixing dish. To get the required level of moistness, toss the chicken in the asado sauce. Add freshly squeezed lime juice and fresh cilantro to finish. Burritos, bowls, or tacos—serve however you choose!