Drumstick leaves are a delicious and nutritious ingredient that can be used in a variety of recipes.
This recipe makes the most of the unique flavor and texture of drumstick leaves , creating a dish that is both flavorful and healthy .
The combination of spices and herbs used in the recipe give it an extra kick of flavor that is sure to leave your mouth watering.
Enjoy this dish as a side dish or as a main course – it’s sure to be a hit !
What ingredients are needed to make drumstick leaves recipe ?
To make drumstick leaves recipe , you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 cups of water
You should also have all the equipment you need to make this dish. This includes:
- Large saucepan
- Baking sheet
How long does it take to prepare drumstick leaves recipe ?
This dish is a side dish , so it takes a bit of time to prepare.
The leaves can be cooked either in an air fryer or on the stovetop.
Depending on your cooking preference, you can choose which method you want to use .
If you’re using an electric slow cooker, you’ll need to add the whole frozen leaves to your cooker and cook for 3 hours on high.
If you’re using a stovetop , the leaves should be blanched in boiling water for about 10 minutes and then boiled for about 20 minutes until tender .
How do you cook drumstick leaves recipe ?
Follow the steps below to prepare drumstick leaves recipe.
- Cut the leaves from the drumsticks.
- Place them in a pan and add water or chicken stock . Cover with a lid and cook for about 30 minutes , or until the leaves are tender and soft.
- Serve warm, with rice or noodles , or as a side dish for your main dish.
What type of spices are used in drumstick leaves recipe ?
The spices used in drumstick leaves recipe are all-natural , so you don’t need to worry about side effects from eating them.
The list of spices used in drumstick leaves includes the following:
- Garam masala
(Note that in the U.S ., there is a difference between ground and whole spices.
Ground spices are made from the seeds and skin of an herb such as cumin.
Whole spices are the entire herb , seeds and all.)
There are many different types of curry powder and turmeric can be one of them.
Curry powder is usually a blend of ground and whole spices and turmeric is the bright yellow color found in many Indian dishes .
Is it easy to make drumstick leaves recipe ?
Making drumstick leaves recipe is easy and simple, just follow the steps outlined here .
You can make the dish in under 30 minutes; all you need to start is some chicken , spices and a little bit of water.
How many servings does drumstick leaves recipe make ?
The number of servings you can expect from drumstick leaves recipe will depend on the size of the leaves used .
For example , if you use large leaves, you will get a larger quantity than if you use small leaves.
You can also make this dish without the leaves, and add them at the end of cooking.
Each serving should be enough for 2 to 4 people.
As a guide , each medium-sized leaf (about 7-8 inches long) should yield approximately 2 to 3 cups of “steamed” drumstick leaves .
Are there any special techniques needed to make drumstick leaves recipe ?
You will need to use a pot that is large enough to contain all the ingredients and the leaves.
The ingredients are very few , so this dish lends itself well to making in bulk if you have a large pot .
Are there any health benefits associated with eating drumstick leaves recipe ?
The health benefits of drumstick leaves are numerous and varied.
Drumstick leaves are rich in fiber, folate, vitamin C , and iron .
Drumstick leaves also contain anti-oxidants , which help protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals .
Free radicals can cause damage to the body by damaging DNA and causing cell death.
Drumstick leaves have a high content of minerals – magnesium and calcium.
Calcium is an important nutrient for muscle function and nerve transmission .
Magnesium helps to maintain the normal heart rhythm.
Both of these minerals are needed for proper brain function.
Drumstick leaves are also considered a good source of protein, and they contain all essential amino acids .
This means that they are a complete protein , and they can be used by the body to build muscle tissue.
Is drumstick leaves recipe a popular dish in India ?
Drumstick leaves are a popular ingredient in Indian cuisine.
They can be found in several different dishes , including the below recipe:
- Drumstick leaves dal: A delicious combination of drumstick leaves and lentils
- Drumstick leaved chutney: An Indian condiment made with basil, garlic , and drumstick leaves
- Drumstick leaves fritters: These are quite similar to the fritters you might be familiar with.
Drumstick leaves can also be used to flavor curries , biryani, and other popular dishes.
Drumstick leaf pesto is also a common dish.
What variations can be made to the drumstick leaves recipe ?
This recipe uses the drumstick leaves as they are, but it is possible to add other ingredients to enhance the flavor.
For example , you can substitute the onions in the recipe with shallots, or use it as a base for a curry dish by adding chicken, pork or beef .
If you want to prepare a more complex dish, a pesto-style sauce can be used to add depth of flavor and color.
To prepare this sauce, you will need to blanch and then lightly steam the drumstick leaves .
You should then grind the drumstick leaves in a food processor or blender , along with olive oil and garlic.
Mix in any spices that you like and then pour in a seasoned broth or water until you get the desired consistency.
The following is an example of how a pesto-style sauce can be prepared:
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil . Add salt , to taste.
- Blanch the drumstick leaves for about 1 minute then drain . Place the drumstick leaves in a food processor or blender with 2 cups of olive oil, 3 cloves of crushed garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper , 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon basil and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Mix the contents of the food processor until smooth (you may need to add additional oil if needed) . Add broth or water until desired consistency is achieved.
- large saucepan
- Baking sheet
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 cups water
- Remove the drumsticks’ leaves.
- They should be put in a pan with either water or chicken stock. Cook the leaves for about 30 minutes, or until they are soft and delicate. Cover with a lid.
- Serve this meal hot with rice or noodles or as a side to your main course.