Gideon’s Bakehouse offers a wide selection of cookies, all made with the finest ingredients and baked to perfection .
Whether you’re looking for an indulgent snack or a decadent dessert , all of these treats are sure to satisfy.
With a healthy portion of fruits, nuts , and seeds added to each cookie, these treats are full of antioxidants and other health-boosting nutrients.
- Evaporated milk
You can purchase a box of the cookies online or at the bakery itself.
To bake these special treats , the cooking temperature is high enough for them to brown, but low enough for all the ingredients to stay intact .
They are incredibly rich and decadent, with a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
To make these delectable treats, the ingredients are carefully measured and mixed together in small batches.
Each batch is then baked until golden brown , creating a crunchy exterior and soft, chewy interior .
You can expect your cookie order to arrive within 2 days on average .
If you would like to be sure of its freshness , try ordering it with overnight shipping.
For a quick treat , or a dessert that’s rich and decadent, enjoy a Gideon’s Bakehouse cookie.
They are incredibly rich and decadent, with a melt-in-your-mouth texture .
In general , however, you should bake the cookies at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 C) for 15 minutes, and then reduce the temperature back down to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and cook them for another 10 to 15 minutes.
This should result in a light golden brown color, soft yet crisp cookie with a crumbly texture .
To begin, all of the ingredients are brought together separately and then mixed, creating a unique batter that is about twice as high in butter , three times as high in egg, and seven times as high in sugar as a typical cookie.
The result is an incredibly rich and decadent treat, with a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
The high butter and egg content also allows the dough to spread out evenly and create a crunchy yet tender exterior .
The combination of chocolate , peanut butter, and caramel is enough to make any cookie lover swoon .
For that extra bit of refinement you can use vanilla bean seeds , which will lend delicious notes to your cookies .
Consider using them as a garnish for the base of your cookie recipe.
All of these ingredients help to give these cookies a luxurious, rich texture.
Once you’ve made your way through the recipe , you may wish to add extra flavor to your cookies by using one of the following sugars:
- Dark brown sugar
- Golden brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
Dark brown sugar is made from the same type of sugar cane found in regular dark (or black) sugar , but it’s most commonly used in baking.
It has a similar color and taste profile to regular dark (or black) sugar, but has a slightly darker color and a more intense flavor .
Cookies are an incredibly important part of any celebration or gathering.
hey bring people together and make the occasion feel special.
That’s why people spend a long time creating them , taking care to ensure they are prepared perfectly and baked in a way that brings out their flavor .
The results can be amazing.
These treats use all-natural ingredients , with almond meal being one of the main ones.
This is perfect for baking cookies because it produces a stronger flavor, without being overwhelming .
When baking , you want to ensure that the ingredients are evenly dispersed throughout the dough.
A good way to do this is to use a cookie sheet that is at least an inch smaller than what you’d like to bake.
This will ensure that the cookies don’t spread out too much on their own, and that they are also able to cook quickly as well .
As you bake your cookies , keep an eye on them as they cook so you know when they’re done .
When they start to look golden brown and opaque, they’re ready.
Before taking them off the cookies sheet, brush them with some melted butter so they stay soft but don’t get soggy.
The cookies at Gideon’s Bakehouse are made with only the best ingredients and baked to perfection.
You can choose from a wide range of flavors, including chocolate, peanut butter , caramel, and more.
Many of the cookies also contain nuts or other treats in the mix to add a special touch .
Each cookie is made with the same care and attention to detail that you’d expect from a master baker.
The recipe for each cookie is closely guarded and passed down through generations at Gideon’s , making every cookie an heirloom treat .
- 1 Oven
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups high-quality dark chocolate chips
- Use a stand mixer to incorporate butter, shortening, and sugar in a sizable bowl (the batter won't be quite smooth at this point).
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla essence just until incorporated.Next, mix one more until smooth before adding the flour, baking soda, and salt. Any flour or baking soda that clung to the bowl's sides can be pushed into the dough using a spatula.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the dough and save 1/2 cup. Mix with a wooden spoon or a spatula. Your dough could appear a little crumbly at this stage, but that's acceptable.
- Divide the dough into six about equal pieces using clean hands (about a fistful for each cookie). Roll the dough into a spherical between your hands, then gently press your palms together to make the dough slightly taller than it is broad.
- You should leave at least 2 inches between each cookie when you add your formed dough to a baking sheet that has been prepared with parchment paper or a reusable baking mat.The cookie dough balls should be chilled in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes after preheating the oven to 325°F. The cookies need to be just little underdone.The top of the freshly cooked cookie should be softly pressed with a handful of chocolate chips (this is a slightly messy, but totally worth it process). You ought to be left with a chocolate chip outer shell.
- Before biting into a cookie, sprinkle it with sea salt and allow it to cool for at least an hour. Enjoy!