The world has always been fascinated by aromatherapy and its many uses.
In fact, it’s one of the most widely used methods of relaxation today.
Herbal smoke blends have been around since ancient times.
The recipes included in this article are some of the oldest known to mankind.
They were once used as medicines or remedies during times when there was no access to modern medicine.
Today, they continue to be popular among people seeking relief from stress and other ailments.
What Is The Recipe For Herbal Smoke Blend?
There are three main components of any herbal smoke blend:
- the herb
- a carrier oil (such as almond, sesame, grapeseed, olive)
- an essential oil (optional)
(You don’t need all these things to make your own herbal smoke blend.)
If you want to know more about how to choose the right herbal smoke blend, read on!
How to find the best herbal smoke blend?
It can be difficult to determine which herbal smoke blend will work best for you.
There are so many different brands out there with such similar names.
How do you tell them apart?
Easy – look at their labels.
If you see words like “herbal”, “aromatherapy”, “relaxing”, or “medicinal”, then you’re probably buying the right brand.
Another way to figure out if you’ve got the right product is to take a look at the label.
You should also ask yourself whether you want something strong enough to bring down anxiety levels but not too strong to cause nausea.
Finally, consider what type of aroma you prefer — spicy, sweet, pungent, etc.
All of these factors go into determining which herbal smoke blend works best for you.
When purchasing herbal smoke blends online, try to buy from reputable sellers who sell products directly through their websites.
This way, you won’t get ripped off and end up spending extra money unnecessarily.
Tips for using herbal smoke blends
Before starting to use any herbal smoke blend, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
Then apply the herbal smoke blend to your skin before smoking it.
A few minutes later, rinse the herbal smoke blend off your body with cool running water.
Be careful not to rub too hard because rubbing could irritate sensitive areas.
After rinsing your body, pat dry with a towel.
Do not leave moisture behind on your skin.
Some people recommend putting the herbal smoke blend inside the nostrils while inhaling deeply.
Others say it helps to put it under the tongue and hold it there until the effects start working.
Once the effects kick in, you can either keep smoking it or wait 30-60 seconds before exhaling.
Some people even suggest letting the smoke linger in your lungs for a few minutes after exhalation.
One thing everyone agrees upon is that you shouldn’t breathe the smoke in quickly because it may cause dizziness and headaches.
While smoking herbal smoke blends, avoid talking or singing loudly.
Loud noises might trigger panic attacks.
Finally, remember that herbal smoke blends only provide temporary relief from symptoms.
For long-term relief from anxiety, depression, insomnia, and other mental health conditions, you should consult your doctor or therapist.
Ingredients for Herbal Smoke Blend
For those interested in making their own herbal smoke blend, here are the basic ingredients needed:
- 1 cup dried cannabis flower
- ½ teaspoon dried ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- ¾ ounce of cardamom seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup of organic coconut oil or another edible oil
- 5 drops each of lavender, rosemary, lemon balm, and thyme essential oils
- about 20 drops of grapefruit seed extract
- 10 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
- 10 drops of clary sage essential oil
- 5 drops of patchouli essential oil
- 20 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 15 drops of myrrh essential oil
- 4 drops of cypress essential oil
- 6 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 30 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 50 drops of pine essential oil
- 40 drops of orange essential oil
- 20 drops of clove essential oil
- 1 drop of vanilla bean essential oil
What Are The Ingredients For Herbal Smoke Blend?
There are several different types of herbs used in herbal smoke blends.
Each type of herb offers different health benefits.
Some of them may even help reduce pain, inflammation, anxiety, and depression.
- Cayenne pepper – Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin which helps increase your body temperature and metabolism.
- Cloves – Clove oil is believed to relieve respiratory issues such as sore throats and bronchitis.
- Frankincense – Frankincense is believed to improve brain function and memory retention.
- Lavender – Lavender soothes skin irritations and reduces muscle spasms caused by tension. It also relieves headaches, insomnia, and stomachaches.
- Marjoram – Marjoram is considered a relaxing spice. It improves blood circulation while easing tension in muscles and joints.
- Peppermint – Peppermint leaves contain menthol which has analgesic properties.
- Rosemary – Rosemary is well-known as a natural remedy for colds and coughs. It’s often used in tea blends to aid digestion.
- Sage – Sage is often added to teas because of its anti-bacterial properties. It has also long been used to prevent infections and treat certain conditions like high blood pressure.
- Spearmint – Spearmint has both calming and energizing qualities. Its essential oils include limonene and pinene which are said to boost energy levels and enhance cognitive functions.
- Thyme – Thyme is often used to treat digestive problems and heartburn. Its essential oils include thymol, carvacrol, and linalool. These compounds relax the nervous system and ease symptoms related to indigestion.
How Do You Make Herbal Smoke Blend?
There are different ways to create your own herbal smoke blend.
You can use dried leaves, flowers, seeds, stems and roots.
There are also different combinations of these items depending on what you need.
If you want something sweet, then you will add sugarcane juice, honey or molasses.
To start making your own herbal smoke blend, you should first gather all necessary resources.
These include water, paper towels, a bowl, a pot with lid, a lighter, matches, scissors, and tweezers (for removing small parts).
- Paper towel
- Pot with lid
- Tweezers (optional)
1. Cleaning Herbs
You may choose to clean the herbs before adding them into the blend.
For example, if you don’t know how to dry herbs properly, you can take a chance and leave them wet.
However, if you plan to store them for long periods of time, drying them will ensure that their potency remains intact.
Soaking them overnight would allow you to remove any dirt and debris that might remain after being washed.
Once ready, you can either place them directly onto the stove or heat up a pan filled with boiling water.
To prevent burning, cover the container while heating it up.
Afterward, discard the water and let the herbs cool down completely.
Dry them further using a fan or oven at low temperature.
2. Choosing Your Blending Ingredients
Once you’ve cleaned and dried all your chosen herbs, you’re set to go!
Now comes the fun part – blending!
Here are some common herbs to consider combining together:
- Bay leaf
- Cinnamon stick
- Dill seed
- Fennel seed
- Ginger root
- Vanilla bean pods
When choosing which herb(s) you want to combine, it’s important to remember that each herb brings out a specific flavor.
So, think about whether you want a balanced combination or just a single flavor.
3. Combining Herbs
Now that you’ve got all your herbs lined up, it’s time to put them together.
Before doing so, you must decide where you’d like to mix them.
As mentioned earlier, herbs are often combined with another ingredient such as sugarcane juice, honey, or molasses.
Therefore, it’s best to combine them in equal proportions.
If you want to experiment with mixing different flavors, you can try putting a few drops of essential oil on top of your mixture.
Essential oils contain natural properties that enhance the aroma of food and drinks.
After placing them in the bowl, give them a stir until everything is mixed well.
4. Creating Smoke
Smoking is done through combustion.
When you light a fire inside the bowl, the air gets heated up and expands rapidly.
This causes the oxygen molecules to become smaller than those of carbon dioxide.
Then, the two gases separate and form bubbles in the liquid.
This process creates smoke.
As soon as you light the fire, keep taking turns stirring the mixture every 15 minutes.
Doing so will help maintain a consistent level of heat throughout the whole process.
Also, avoid smoking too much because excess smoke could cause irritation to your throat.
That said, if you feel your throat getting irritated, it means that the smoke isn’t strong enough yet.
What Is The Best Herbal Smoke Blend Recipe?
There are several different types of herbal smoke blends available on the market.
Some are made with just a few herbs while others contain dozens of them.
For example, you may find a mixture of peppermint, spearmint, rosemary, lavender, basil, ginger, fennel seed, etc., all rolled into one.
However, if you want to try something new, you should definitely consider making your own.
Not only will you save money, but you will also get to enjoy the healing properties of these natural ingredients.
Before we dive into how to create a homemade herbal smoke blend, let us take a look at what exactly makes up such blends.
Herbs are usually added to any type of smoking material.
These include tobacco leaves, herbs, spices, eucalyptus oil, etc.
But before putting anything inside a pipe bowl, you must first clean it thoroughly.
You don’t need to use expensive equipment like a bong water filtration system.
All you need is a small strainer and a funnel.
If you plan on using loose herb materials, then you might want to put a cloth over the top of the bowl.
Once you’ve done that, add whatever kind of smoking material you choose (e.g., dried weed, hemp seeds) and place it in the bottom of the bowl.
Then pour the herbs you want to use onto the surface.
Make sure you shake off excess moisture so the herbs stay dry.
Next, light up the end of the pipe and slowly draw the smoke through the herbs until you feel satisfied.
Repeat this process as needed.
What Are The Benefits Of Herbal Smoke Blend?
There are several reasons why using herbal smoke blends could benefit your health. Let’s look at them below.
- A relaxing experience – Many different types of herbs have long been associated with soothing effects on the mind and body. Smoking those same herbs provides a similar effect, but without the harmful side effects of tobacco products such as cigarettes.
- Natural supplements – Herbs have been shown time after time to provide effective natural ways to treat various illnesses, including arthritis, insomnia, depression, anxiety, and more. These herbal smoke blends offer something new and exciting while providing safe alternatives to traditional medications.
- Reduce symptoms of chronic conditions – Certain herbs have been proven to reduce inflammation and pain associated with certain diseases, including asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia.
- Preventing cancer – There are multiple studies showing how smoking certain herbs can lower the risk of developing lung cancer and other cancers.
- Relief from allergies – Certain herbs have been found to relieve allergy-related problems like sneezing, watery eyes, and runny nose.
- Protect against viruses – Some herbs may even protect you from getting sick if you get exposed to common cold and flu viruses.
- Improve memory – Studies show that consuming certain herbs before bedtime helps improve sleep quality and overall cognitive function.
- Boost immunity – Some herbs may also increase immune system activity so you stay healthier longer.
How Does Herbal Smoke Blend Help You Relax?
There are several ways in which smoking these blends helps you relax.
You may experience them through your sense of smell, taste buds, or even vision.
If you like the aroma of these blends, then you will definitely enjoy the way they make you feel.
If you love the flavor and want to try out something new, then you should absolutely give herbal smoke blends a shot!
Here are some reasons why you should start using these blends:
- They offer a great alternative to cigarettes and cigars.
- You don’t need to worry about inhaling harmful chemicals while you use them.
- These blends come with their own health benefits and medicinal properties.
- You get more than just the relaxing effect from these mixes.
- Some of these blends actually help reduce cravings for nicotine.
Why Do Herbal smoke blends work better than regular tobacco products?
It all comes down to how each person perceives different smells.
There are two main types of smokers.
One type likes the sweet scent of tobacco and another prefers floral scents.
Some people also prefer menthol flavors while others simply won’t touch anything but natural tobaccos.
While there are plenty of people who still stick to traditional tobacco products, there are a growing number of people who prefer herbal smokes over the alternatives.
For those people, here are some facts on why they might want to go with herbal smoke blends instead of traditional ones.
- Many herbal blends contain aromatic oils such as lavender oil and rosemary essential oil.
- They typically contain less tar and fewer toxins compared to traditional tobacco products.
- Most of these herbal blends are made up of organic ingredients.
- Traditional cigarette brands often contain additives that cause cancer and other serious conditions.
- Because of their lack of additives, herbal smoke blends are safe for children too.
- Unlike traditional cigarettes, herbal blends usually don’t cause any damage to teeth because they aren’t filled with chemical compounds.
- They are completely free of nicotine, so if you suffer from withdrawal symptoms after quitting smoking, you shouldn’t have to deal with them anymore.
What Are The Side Effects Of Herbal Smoke Blend?
While these blends may seem like magic potions, they aren’t without their own risks.
You should know what those risks are before using them.
- If you suffer from heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney problems, or any other condition where your doctor has advised against smoking tobacco products, you shouldn’t try herbal smoke blends.
- People who are allergic to ragweed and chamomile should not consume herbal smoke blends because these two plants contain allergen proteins which could cause severe reactions.
- Consuming too much herbal smoke blend can lead to dizziness and headaches. If you feel unwell after consuming a large amount, stop immediately and seek medical attention.
- You should avoid consuming herbal smoke blends if you are pregnant or nursing. These blends might harm your baby.
- These blends are addictive. Consume very little at first. Once you get hooked on them, you will want more and more until you end up consuming larger quantities than intended.
- It is recommended that you don’t drink alcohol while taking herbal smoke blends. Alcohol will increase the sedative effect of the herbals in the mix.
- Don’t take herbal smoke blends with sleeping pills or antihistamines. They both decrease body temperature and slow down breathing. When combined together, the result would be dangerous.
- In rare cases, herbal smoke blends can cause liver damage. Make sure to consult your physician before trying them out.
Is Herbal Smoke Blend Safe To Use?
Like any other form of treatment, smoking herbals may not be right for everyone.
Before using any kind of product, consult your doctor first to make sure it will benefit you instead of harming you.
Here are some factors you need to consider before taking up the habit of smoking herbal blends:
- Are you allergic to anything contained in the ingredients? If so, avoid them altogether.
- Do you suffer from any heart disease? Smoking could worsen your condition if you already do.
- Do you take medication? Herbs can interact with certain medications, making their effect on your body unpredictable.
- Have you suffered from any serious health problems recently? Some herbs can cause negative reactions after prolonged usage.
- Are you pregnant? Avoid taking herbal products while pregnant.
- Has anyone close to you suffered from cancer? Do not use these types of herbs at all.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while using herbal smoke blends.
If you still want to try them out despite having answered yes to one or more questions above, here are some tips to help you get started safely:
- Consult your doctor beforehand to find out what works best for you.
- Use small amounts only.
- Start slowly and gradually increase the amount over time.
- Mix different kinds together to create new combinations.
- Try to consume them in a healthy environment.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Tips for blending herbal smoke blends
Before you start mixing up your own blend, follow these guidelines carefully:
- Choose a quiet place where you won’t disturb others.
- Keep everything away from children and pets.
- Turn off all electronic devices like phones and tablets.
- Take note of the contents of each ingredient individually.
- Make sure you know how much you put into each container.
- Keep your containers well-ventilated and open.
- When done using each component, dispose of it properly.
- Read labels to determine whether your herbal smoke blend contains nicotine.
- Always keep your mixture stored somewhere cool and dry.
- Store your finished blend in a dark, airtight container.
- To store your blend longer than two weeks, freeze it until needed.
How Often Should You Use Herbal Smoke Blend?
It’s best to consult with your doctor before using any type of herb or spice.
Herbs like peppermint, fennel, cinnamon, and rosemary may interact negatively with certain medications.
These herbs also contain chemicals called volatile oils which can cause allergic reactions if inhaled.
If you suffer from asthma, allergies, etc., then you need to avoid these types of herbs altogether.
Some others can worsen heartburn symptoms or trigger migraines.
There are still plenty of benefits that come along with smoking herbal blends though.
For instance, you will not experience any negative side-effects while enjoying them.
You might even feel better after just taking a few puffs!
Plus, you don’t have to worry about mixing up different ingredients together.
All you need to do is add water to the bowl and let the mixture cool down.
Then, you’re ready to roll!
What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herbal Smoke Blend?
There hasn’t been much research done on herbal smoke blends.
However, what we do know suggests that these blends may help reduce anxiety and
depression levels in humans.
This is because they contain ingredients such as lavender, chamomile and frankincense
which have all been found to improve mood and decrease feelings of anxiety and
In addition, these blends also include ingredients like rosemary, thyme, peppermint,
spearmint, eucalyptus, clove bud, lemon balm, sage, ginger root and more.
These ingredients have been proven to boost your immune system, relieve pain,
increase circulation and relax muscles.
Since their effectiveness isn’t yet fully understood, it is best to consult with your doctor
before using herbal smoke blends.
There are plenty of different brands out there that claim to offer similar benefits but it is important to ensure that any brand you buy is safe and effective.
Base Herb (3 parts)
- 3 handfuls Damiana
Modifiers (2 parts), for each part:
- 1 handful Blue Lotus
- 1 handful Mugwort
- 1 handful Wild Dagga
Flavor Twist (1/2 to 1 part)
- 1 handful Lavender
- Your base is Damiana. Place 3 handfuls of Damiana in a bowl.
- Your modifiers are Blue Lotus, Mugwort and Wild Dagga. Mix these together first in equal parts, then place 2 handfuls of your modifiers in the bowl.
- Your flavor twist is Lavender. You just want a subtle flavor Take a 1 very small handful of Lavender and place it in the bowl.
- Mix it all together, and you’re done!