Volcano cakes are always a great way to add some drama to your next party and knowing how to make a volcano cakes is a great addition. Young or old, making this treat is sure to impress.
The best and safe way to make a volcano cake is to use a ready-made cake mix, vanilla pudding, 7-up, and chocolate fudge frosting.
However, bake your cake in a muffin tin and put thread soaked in vinegar on the bottom of the cup before adding the batter, once cooled remove them from and fill the center of each with jam, jelly, chocolates, or cream filling and you have easy, fun and inexpensive volcano cakes.
How to make volcano cake at home
If you want to make a volcano cake, you must first understand the ingredients:
1 box of Devil’s Food Cake Mix (original recipe),
1 box of Sour Cream Extra moist mix,
1 cup of vegetable oil.
First, take a 9 round pan and put parchment around the edges of the pan.
Then you do your cake mix like normal. Then when it comes time to put the cake into the oven you pour 1 bag of 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 can of 7-up( a diet drink) over your cake and let it sit for about 10 mins
After that, you can toss in some red food coloring all over, then place in oven 350 degrees for 15-20 mins and then remove from oven,
Finally, let cool, ice with vanilla icing or whatever you want, and place more chocolate chips all over the volcano
Note: You make the cake mix for the inside, 2) You make the frosting for the outside. Mayonnaise becomes lava and you add little greenish-grey chocolate chips for hardened volcanic rock.
Here’s how to make a chocolate volcano cake.
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
3/4 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cups of cocoa powder
2/3 cups hot coffee
1/4 cup bittersweet cocoa powder
4-5 tablespoons of salted butter
3 1/2 tablespoons of heavy cream
To make a chocolate volcano cake, start by whizzing the butter and sugar in a blender until creamy.
Next, whisk the eggs in a large bowl and gradually add the flour and cocoa powder to the egg mixture followed by the buttermilk and vanilla essence.
Pour everything into a lined tin, bake for 45 minutes at 160°C /320°F
How to make a volcano cake erupt
To make an erupting volcano cake you will need to master some baking skills. You will need baking soda, vanilla, and vinegar.
The first step to making your cake erupt is to mix a cup of warm water with a couple of tablespoons of baking soda.
Then add in 1/2 cup of vinegar and a few drops of vanilla. Once this is completed you can put this along the inside rim of the cake.
Now fill the center with fruit juice or some other type of liquid, such as hot chocolate.
This will then give the volcano eruptions.
How to make erupting volcano cake without dry ice
You can make a cake without dry ice but recreating the effect of an erupting volcano without using chemicals can be difficult.
There are two methods that you can use to develop the visual effect. The first is to bake a cake in a large muffin tin and cover the top of the muffin tins with aluminum foil. You should bake the small cakes in a deep baking pan and cut concentric circles out of the center of each cake until you have enough disks to fill your muffin tin.
The second method is by putting layers of ketchup gelatine on top of one another until you have developed a large enough mountain to create the effect.
However, If not done carefully, the cake would be burnt before it could even start to react.
How to make a dinosaur volcano cake
Here is a step-by-step recipe for a Super Fun and colorful Dinosaur Cake. You’ll need chocolate cake mix, blue food coloring, green food coloring, and jumbo ice cream cones.
Here is a step by step guide:
1. bake and ice 3 cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
2. add 7 chocolate crunches to the top of each cupcake.
3. place a chocolate kiss on top of each crunch then cover or frost.
4. place an Oreo in the middle of each cupcake, top with a small piece of chocolate or peppermint candy, and push it into the oreo.
5. make sure your volcano shape cake pan is clean prior to using then cook and cool the cake as directed on the box.
6. frost with chocolate frosting.
Finally, small chocolate crunches for the lava rocks, strawberries for the palm trees, roll candy for the dinosaurs’ arms and legs, decorate the top with a sponge bag filled with red cinnamon candies
Frequently Asked Question
What are the ingredients to make a volcano?
There are three ingredients that you need to make your own volcano: baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring.
How do you make a volcano smoke?
To make a volcano smoke, you need to use vinegar and baking soda. The vinegar will fizz and bubble when you add it to the baking soda. Add a few drops of food coloring to make it look more like smoke.
Does baking soda and vinegar make a volcano?
Vinegar and baking soda can make a volcano. This science experiment is called an eruption. The two common household ingredients react when they come into contact with each other.
Hopefully, you have an idea of how to make a volcano cake. It is not that hard but it takes time to do them.
However, be sure to use an ungreased baking sheet that’s light enough to carry easily and can be carried with little risk of spillage. If the cake is thick, don’t try to bake it in a standard-size loaf pan; you’ll have trouble getting the cake out of the pan once it has cooled and hardened.
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Oven
- 2 boxes red velvet cake mix
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- 3 cans chocolate
- 1 can decorating icing
- 1 can orange decorating icing
- 1 can decorating icing
- 3 gel decorations
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Two (8-inch), two (10-inch), and one (6-inch) Bundt pans should be sprayed with cooking spray before being put aside.
- In a big bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites. Use an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat for two minutes at medium speed after cleaning the bowl’s sides. Equally distribute the batter among the prepared cake pans.
- 8-inch cakes, 6-inch Bundt cakes, and 10-inch cakes should all be baked for 35 to 40 minutes in the oven or until a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove and allow to fully cool.
- To assemble, trim the tops of the 8 and 10-inch cakes with a serrated knife to create a flat surface. Break up the sliced tops into large bits and add them to a large basin. The crumbs will act as “lava rocks” at the volcano’s base. To make the 6-inch bunt cake sit flat, slice off the bottom.
- Between the two 10-inch cake layers, spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting, then stack. Between two 8-inch cake layers, spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting, then stack. Then, arrange the bunt cake cut side down on top of the 8-inch layer cake with another thin layer of frosting. Put some frosting on the top of the 10-inch cake, then carefully arrange the 8-inch cake in the middle.
- To shape both cakes into a cone, trim the edges of the tops with a serrated knife. (Cut the cake at an angle from the top, leaving a round base for the icing to “flow” from.)
- Use the leftover chocolate frosting to cover the entire cake and garnish it. Around the cake’s foundation, scatter the cake crumbs. To create “grass,” pipe green icing all the way around the cake’s base. To create “flowing lava,” use a ribbon tip to pipe red icing a fourth of the way down the cake from the top to the centre. Apply orange icing in a same manner, beginning almost at the top of the cake and terminating where red frosting starts with a tiny bit of overlap. Repeat the process, beginning at the very top of the cake, with yellow icing and overlap orange icing. Sprinkle yellow and red gel food colouring all over the cake’s top.
- Put a couple pieces of dry ice in a glass votive candle to create the smoke effect. Put the votive within the bunt cake’s hole. Watch the votive start to smoke after adding a little warm water to it.