If you are looking for a creative way to use up your pancake mix, I have something unique to teach you how to make churros with pancake mix.
Churros with pancake mix can be baked in the oven or deep-fried. They are fun to enjoy with syrup, but also taste great with other toppings, such as powdered sugar, chocolate syrup, cinnamon and sugar, fruits, nuts, and whipped cream.
It’s better to use pancake mix to make churros, instead of buying the pre-made pancake batter in the store.
Making churros is a great way to save money, especially if you already have pancake mix on hand
In this article, we will teach you the best method to make churros with pancake mix, which works best for you and your family.
How to make churros with pancake mix
Churros With Pancake Mix With Cinnamon
1 cup of Pancake Mix (used Betty Crocker, but any will do.)
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
5 cup water Chocolate dipping sauce (optional)
Butter for frying
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to a temperature of 350F.
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until the pancake mix is fully dissolved.
- Spoon the batter out, trying to keep it as round and uniform as possible.
- Fry the churro, turning once to prevent burning until they are golden brown on both side
Churros With Pancake Mix Without Cinnamon
Pancake mix powder,
- Make pancake mix as you normally would, but use cheddar cheese powder instead of flour.
- Pour the pancake mix onto a frying pan heated over medium heat. Tilt the pan at low angles to spread out the pancake batter as thinly as possible.
- Quickly put churros into the pan and cover with another cover over low to medium heat until churros are browned on one side and then flip to the other side once it brown’s up, covering it again with the previous cover.
- When both sides are thoroughly cooked, remove them from the pan and serve.
No products found.
How to make churros without a piping bag
There are two steps to make churros without a piping bag.
You can use a small plastic freezer bag or twist tie also you can use foil paper or an oven baking sheet.
In the first step when you make churros, instead of using wax paper for covering your churro dough, use a plastic bag or foil paper. Wax paper prevents the dough from becoming smooth and sinking.
And the second method is when you remove the cooked churros from oil, strain them on the baking sheet with a slotted spoon, then add cinnamon sugar and prepare them as usual. This way is more time-saving and easy to clean up later.
Churros without piping bag step by step guide
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar, and butter in a bowl until crumbly.
- Add the egg; whisk until well combined.
- Whisk together the milk, vanilla, and Grand Marnier in a medium bowl.
- Grease the muffin cups or line with paper liners (makes 24)
- Fill each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon of batter and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
How to make churros with Aunt Jemima pancake mix
To make churros with Aunt Jemima pancake mix:
First, Make pancake mix.
Next, Put pancake mix in a frying pan. Then, Cook the mix in a pan until it turns brown.
Last, Turn over onto a plate and serve warm with ice cream or syrup.
However, you can use any brand of pancake mix or churros for this recipe including Aunt Jemima pancakes or mixes by making small pancakes and cutting them into pieces.
How to make churros with pancake mix in an air fryer
It is very simple. Pancake will include a baking dish, sugar, and cinnamon. For garnishing, you need to mix some oil into pancake mix, then put it in the baking dish.
After putting all pancakes into your air fryer for about 3 minutes you can get delicious pancakes.
Alternatively, churros are traditionally deep-fried; they are long and thin like a french fry but much harder to make, especially on your own.
However, with an air fryer, you can make them in less than 10 minutes and have them ready to serve as a treat for after dinner.
No products found.
Things to make with pancake mix
You can make the following with pancake mix:
- Queen’s pancakes
- Mini frittatas
- Baked apples
- French toast
- Grilled cheese
1. Queen’s pancakes
One of the things you can make with pancake mix is Queen’s pancakes. This is a traditional Jamaican recipe.
2. Mini frittatas
Pancake mix is awesome for making Mini frittatas. It can be done in about 10 minutes is a perfect size for a quick breakfast, and are super simple to throw together.
3. Baked apples
Pancake mixes are versatile and can be used for baked apples as a crumble topping for the apple, giving it a delicious sweet taste.
Making a cake from pancake mix is a great way for cooks of all skill levels to make a fantastic homemade treat. It is widely available, inexpensive, and comes in a huge variety of flavors.
Additionally, it’s a great tool for practicing any type of cake.
When you don’t have time to bake muffins, you can use pancake mix to make them in no time.
All you need is a few ingredients and a muffin pan.
With a delicious pancake mix, waffles are just minutes away.
To make waffles, simply pour the mix into a hot waffle iron. If you’re feeling experimental, add some peanut butter or chocolate chips to your batter.
After making your pancakes and pouring on the syrup, spread peanut butter on top of them for a delicious peanut butter pancake sandwich.
8. French toast
Using pancake mix to make French toast is a great way for anyone to enjoy the rich and creamy taste of this breakfast classic without the hassle of making it from scratch.
There are many different ways to make crepes, but pancakes do much more
To make a crepe, you can use pancake mix instead of flour. It is delicious and makes a low-calorie alternative to traditional crepes made with flour.
10. Grilled cheese
To make a grilled cheese sandwich with pancake mix, start by preheating an electric frying pan to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then you should pour the pancake batter into the center of the pan and spread it evenly over the bottom.
Once there is no raw batter left, you should wait for about 4 minutes until the top of the pancake is dry and slightly browned, then gently flip it over using a spatula.
Next, place the sandwich inside the frying pan that is still on a low heat setting.
What to Make with Pancake Mix Besides Pancake
There are so many incredible ways to use pancake mix besides pancakes. You can use pancake mix in cakes, cookies, puddings, burgers, and so much more.
Moreso, From waffles and crepes to grilled cheese and popover, whatever comes to mind! Using pancake mix simplifies the process of making breakfast treats.
What Can I Do with Left Over Pancake Mix?
If you have leftover pancake mix:
1. You have a great snack to feed on
2. You can use it in your baking or cooking. For example, 1 cup of pancake mix equals 2 servings. Add Splenda or sugar to taste and bake at 350 degrees while topping with fresh fruit.
3. You can also add 2 cups of pancake mix to a bag of 1/3 less fat cream cheese to make a delicious cheesecake filling.
Finally, Make pudding, or even better: Pumpkin spice mini muffins with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is churro mix made of?
Churro mix is made of a dry blend of wheat flour, sugar, salt, milk solids, and baking powder.
How do you make churros stay crispy?
To make crispy churros, First, you have to fry them at the right temperature, 350°F to 375°F so that their batter browns and the oil cooks them through without burning the ridges or making them soggy inside.
Then you need to keep hot oil from directly touching their ridges as they cool down.
With a long-handled spoon or spider skimmer, you can let the excess oil drain off, then lower it into a sugar-lined baking sheet for the final cooling stage before serving.
Why are my churros falling apart?
There are several reasons why your churros could be falling apart.
First of all, you may have over or under-mixed the condensed milk and water while preparing the dough. You must only mix these ingredients to the point where they combine, otherwise, it will be hard to form a proper dough. If you can grab a few on a spoon, and they hold their shape, then it’s perfect.
Another reason could be you are overcooking them. When cooking churros you must remember that they are made of flour and water, which turn into a sticky dough when cooked. If you let them sit in the oil too long before flipping them, then chances are they’ll stick to the bottom of the pan.
It’s best to flip them at least every 45 seconds to avoid this happening.
Why do my churros taste eggy?
Often when working with eggs it’s easy to contaminate them through your hands, hair, or equipment. The best way to avoid this eggy taste is to make sure you’re using fresh eggs because they hold up to contaminates better than older eggs.
Never use cracked eggs because they are more likely to contaminate the other eggs in your recipe. Always wash your hands thoroughly before getting started and try not to get any water on the eggs.
Remember that every time you handle them, you’re touching a contaminated area then transferring it to the next step, and so on… so try not to touch the eggs as much as possible.
Making churros from scratch, by hand, takes time. And that’s a consideration for anyone looking to try this. But if you know how to make churros with pancake mix, there’s no denying that freshly made churros are always going to taste better than the kind you buy from the store.
- 1 Pot
- 1 Pan
For the churros
- 1 cup Cherrybrook Kitchen Gluten-free Pancake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
For the coating
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the water and butter until the mixture boils.
- Turn off the heat under the water-filled saucepan and gradually stir in the pancake mix and sugar until the batter is smooth.
- Put a thick-bottomed pan on medium high heat and add the vegetable oil. Before beginning to fry your churros, wait until the oil is sufficiently hot. Drop a small amount of batter into your oil to see if it is ready to fry. Your oil is ready to be used for frying if the batter becomes crisp and rises to the top.
- Put the cooled-down churro batter in the piping bag, and then squirt pieces of the batter into the heated oil that are 5 to 6 inches long. Allow the churros to cook until they are golden brown before flipping them over to cook the other side. Once they are golden brown on all sides, remove them from the pan and place them on a dish covered with paper towels to absorb any remaining oil.
- In a flat dish, combine the sugar and powdered cinnamon. Churros should be well covered after being rolled in the cinnamon sugar mixture after cooling. Offer warm chocolate sauce on the side for dipping.