Jose Cuervo margaritas are an easy way to get your guests liquored up quickly, and they’re delicious too.
Whether you want to impress or just have some fun at home, these simple recipes will help you create a memorable cocktail that everyone loves.
If you don’t know what to drink when you go out – it might be time to start learning how to make them yourself!
What Is The Recipe For Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix?
The Jose Cuervo margarita mix comes in a variety of flavors like lime, raspberry, strawberry, pineapple-coconut, etc., but we aren’t going to worry about those here because all our focus should be on the ingredients below.
- 3 ounces (80ml) of Jose Cuervo Tequila Gold
- 1/4 ounce (6 ml) of triple sec
- Lime juice
You can adjust the amount of each ingredient according to taste.
Start by adding 3 oz.
of Jose Cuervo Tequila Gold, 1/4oz.of triple sec, and then enough lime juice to fill the glass until it reaches ¾ full.
When making a traditional margarita, there are two important things to remember:
- Use fresh lime juice instead of bottled lime juice.
- This helps keep the flavor more intense.
- Make sure to use ice cubes made from water, not frozen ones.
- Frozen cubes will melt faster than regular ones which makes the drink less refreshing.
How Do You Make Jose Cuervo Margaritas?
The first thing you need to do before making any kind of Jose Cuervo margarita recipe is find out if you can buy the ingredients.
Some stores may not carry all the items you need, but there are plenty of online suppliers who sell everything from Jose Cuervo Tequila to lime juice concentrate.
If you cannot purchase the ingredients needed to make Jose Cuervo margaritas then you should try one of our other homemade margarita recipes instead.
Here we share the best Jose Cuervo margarita mixes so you can easily whip up a batch right now.
There are many different types of Jose Cuervo margarita recipes available on the internet, but none of them use exactly the same ingredients as the original.
The most popular type of Jose Cuervo margarita recipe uses two-thirds (or more) tequila and one third fresh lemon juice.
You can also substitute orange juice or even white grapefruit juice for the citrus fruit.
So let us show you how to make Jose Cuervo margaritas using the classic recipe below.
We’ll explain each step along the way so you can follow along without having to read through the whole article.
- Add 2 cups boiling water into a large pitcher.
- This will soften the ice cubes used in the next step.
- In another bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup kosher salt, the lime zest, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Pour the hot water over the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add the chilled ice cubes and stir again to blend.
- Stir together the tequila and triple sec.
- Then slowly pour in half of the mixture from Step 4 while stirring constantly.
- Continue adding the second half of the mixture from Step 4, alternating between the two mixtures.
- Finally, strain the liquid mixture through a fine mesh strainer into clean glass bottles with tight lids.
- Store refrigerated until ready to serve.
What Is In Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix?
If you’ve ever had a margarita before, then you probably already know that there isn’t enough alcohol in most of them for you to legally drive after drinking one.
That’s where Jose Cuervo comes in.
They specialize in tequilas from different regions of Mexico, which means that each bottle contains a unique flavor profile.
This Mexican liquor company has been making drinks since 1867, so if you can find their products anywhere near you, you should give them a try.
That said, all of the tequila varieties sold by Jose Cuervo contain 100% agave plants (the same ones used to make mezcal), as well as natural flavors like orange peel and lime juice.
The only thing left over is the colorant, but we won’t focus on that here because it doesn’t really affect the taste anyway.
The result is a great-tasting cocktail made with ingredients that are widely available around the world, and that won’t break the bank either.
It also makes sense why Jose Cuervo sells millions of bottles every year, right?
How Much Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix Do You Need To Make A Margarita?
To make one batch of Jose Cuervo margaritas, all you need is 3 ounces (100ml) of tequila, 1/4 cup (60 ml) of lime juice, and about 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of Jose Cuervo margarita mix.
If you’d like to experiment with different flavors, try adding other ingredients into your mixture such as fresh mint leaves, limes, grenadine syrup, agave nectar, orange slices, pineapple chunks, or even strawberries!
This is also a great opportunity to use up any leftover fruit from summer.
You can easily double or triple this recipe if you plan on making more than one batch of margaritas.
It’s so easy to make extra batches and store them for later!
That way, you won’t run out of Jose Cuervo margarita mix anytime soon.
What Is The Best Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix Recipe?
The Jose Cuervo margarita mixes come in two flavors: Lime & Salt (pictured above) and Triple Sec & Orange Peel.
Both of these mixes are incredibly popular among bartenders and drinkers alike for their simplicity and ease-of-use.
It doesn’t take long to learn how to use either one of these Jose Cuervo margarita mix recipes.
You can easily find both of them on store shelves all over the world, so if you like the look of any of these drinks, there’s no reason not to give one of them a try!
If you decide to buy a bottle of Jose Cuervo margarita mix online, we recommend choosing from the following options below:
- Lime & Salt Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix – This is the ideal choice for those who prefer lime juice instead of orange peel in their margaritas.
- Triple Sec & Orange Peel Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix – This option is more traditional and has been around since the 1940s.
- Margarita Mix Jose Cuervo – This is the standard Jose Cuervo margarita mix that most people choose.
- It includes salt, triple sec, and citrus juices.
How Do You Make A Jose Cuervo Margarita Without A Mix?
The key ingredients of a good Jose Cuervo margarita are tequila, triple sec (aka orange liqueur), lime juice, and ice.
Most bartenders recommend using fresh squeezed lime juice because it gives better flavor than bottled versions, but both work well.
You can also use frozen lime juice if necessary.
When making your own version, it’s important not to overdo the sugar.
A little bit goes a long way in terms of taste and sweetness, so stick with 1/4 cup (60 grams) per 6 ounces (180 ml) of liquid.
For larger parties, consider adding more tequila, triple sec, and lime juice as needed.
It depends on preference and personal tastes whether you like your drinks sweeter or less sweet.
You could easily substitute other juices such as pineapple juice or grapefruit juice instead of lime juice, but lime juice adds more acidity that helps cut through the alcohol.
To keep things simple, we’ll focus on creating a basic recipe here, which includes all the basics.
Feel free to experiment with different combinations based on your preferences.
What Is The Calorie Count For Jose Cuervo Margaritas?
If you’ve ever wondered exactly how much alcohol there is in a Jose Cuervo margarita, we can tell you exactly.
- 1 oz.
- of Jose Cuervo Reposado Tequila (80 proof)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (100% pure)
- 3-5 drops orange bitters (optional)
This makes 1 serving, which has about 100 calories.
How Many Calories Are In A Jose Cuervo Margarita?
A typical 1.5 ounce Jose Cuervo margarita contains 120-150 calories depending on whether it includes fresh lime juice (which has more nutrients) or not.
If you’re making several drinks from one batch of ingredients, you can save money by using fewer bottles of Jose Cuervo.
For example, if you use two 750 ml bottles instead of four, you’ll only need half as much ice water, which makes each drink less filling.
You also won’t need nearly as much sugar either.
One cup of granulated sugar weighs about 4 ounces and adds 130 calories per tablespoon.
- 1 shaker
- 1 Part Jose Cuervo Especial Gold
- 1 Part Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix
- 0.5 Part Triple Sec
- 2 Parts Lime Juice
- 4 Parts Crushed Ice
- Tequila, Margarita mix, triple sec, and lime juice should be combined in a shaker with ice. Shake thoroughly and strain. Add a wedge of lime as garnish.