For as long as I can remember, my family has enjoyed a perfectly decorated and delicious holiday cookie.
The baking process always brings a sweet smile to my face, but the part that really makes me happy are the extra ingredients I put into our cookies.
Now I can share the recipe with you so that you too can have this delectable treat in your own kitchen.
Let’s go back in time to the 1920’s.
A young girl named Doris Nelson was trying to create a new recipe for the cookies that her friends and family at the Glen Cove, Long Island, New York, beach house always enjoyed.
After lots of trials and errors, she finally cooked up her million dollar chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Although not everybody loved the taste of these cookies, some people were willing to pay a whopping twenty dollars for a dozen! That was the first time she had ever heard of such an extravagant price.
When her mother asked her how she could possibly make this dough sell for $20 when all her ingredients cost only $1.50, Doris explained that she used six kinds of chocolate chips and twelve kinds of butter!
This small detail set off a series of events that ultimately lead to her creation of what is now known as the cookie that changed America.
The ingredients in this cookie recipe are simple, but delicious.
You will find the most important ones listed below.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter , softened
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 2/3 cup)
- 1½ cups pecan halves (6 ounces)
The million dollar cookie recipe calls for about 1⅓ cups of each of the above ingredients.
The semi-sweet chips and pecans can be found in the baking aisle at your local grocery store.
The cookies also need some oil to help them along their way.
Let’s start off by saying that it takes a lot of time and patience to make the perfect cookie.
The million dollar cookie recipe is a lot of work, but the end result is worth the effort.
The recipe is a true family favorite, but it does take some time, so you will have to be patient.
As a mother of four, I always have in mind to make cookies that my kids would love.
The idea of having a million dollar cookie recipe is nothing short of genius.
The ingredients are so perfect that it makes all other cookies pale in comparison.
All the ingredients meet each other perfectly, eliminating any possible clashing flavors and textures.
The combination of sweet chocolate chips, crunchy pecans, and creamy butter creates a unique flavor that will have your mouth watering.
The cookies are easy to make, with no mixing required.
You can enjoy this special treat today with this million dollar cookie recipe!
Since the cookie recipe is a standard sized cookie , you can easily make hundreds of cookies in a matter of minutes.
In fact, this recipe can be scaled up to make an entire week worth of freshly baked cookies.
It is one of the simplest recipes you will ever find.
You will only need three ingredients, which are flour , butter and sugar, to make this recipe.
All you need is some creative imagination to bring out the flavor in these cookies.
Here is what you need to do:
- In a large bowl , mix up your flour, sugar, salt and baking soda until well combined.
- Add in your softened butter , butterscotch chips and pecans and mix until everything is well combined.
- To make the cookie dough , roll out the dough between two sheets of wax paper. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut out the shapes you wish . (I roll them into 1 inch balls first and then cut out with a knife.)
- Place your freshly cut balls onto a greased baking sheet (I prefer baking soda as it helps keep your cookies from sticking to each other).
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 Celsius) , or until the cookies have turned golden brown on the bottom side (this should take about 7 minutes).
The million dollar cookie recipe is a staple in my kitchen and my family’s dessert list.
The cookies are delectable , indulgent treats that are sure to please both young and old.
The ingredients are easy to find and the cookies are so simple to make that you can make them in no time !
The million dollar cookie recipe is a very easy recipe that can be made in advance.
The secret to these cookies is the combination of sweet chocolate chips, crunchy pecans and creamy butter.
This recipe is very versatile and can be adapted to meet your specific needs.
If you are going to use milk, then you can use all milk or even half milk and half water.
The Million Dollar Cookie is a famous cookie that has been passed down through generations.
It is the quintessential white chocolate chip cookie with a decadent cream filling, and the recipe came to be after the birth of the cookie in 1926.
In 1926, Cadbury began to produce milk chocolate candies and when they met with Milton Hershey, they decided to partner up to create a milk chocolate milk bar that would be a success.
Through testing and lots of trial and error, they produced the first milk chocolate milk bar in 1930, but it was not successful enough to market.
During this time in their development process, Alfred Cadbury experimented with almond flavoring and coconut flavoring in an attempt to make a milk chocolate candy that tasted exactly like almond and coconut.
Instead of failing again, the new flavors became the base for the million dollar cookie recipe!
During the holiday season, when all of your friends and family are gathering together to celebrate the season’s many traditions, millions of dollars are spent on cookies.
However, what people aren’t spending the cash on is fresh ingredients, they’re spending it on prepackaged cookies because companies have spent so much time and money to make these cookies that taste good .
They don’t want to waste their time making cookies from scratch
Although it isn’t easy to find a perfect holiday cookie in every store, you can still create your own version of this recipe.
I’ll show you how it’s done so that you can make your own holiday treats at home.
- 11 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup crushed kettle potato chips
- ½ cup chopped bittersweet
- ⅓ cup walnut pieces
- Set the oven’s temperature to 350 F/180 C. Set aside two sizable baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper.
- Pour the melted butter into a mixing bowl without allowing it to become boiling hot.
- For 1 minute, vigorously mix in the sugar and light brown sugar.
- Once mixed, stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Salt, baking soda, and flour should be added and folded into the dough until nearly mixed.
- After that, gently stir in the coconut, potato chips, chocolate, and walnuts.
- Give the dough 10 minutes to firm up.
- The dough should be evenly distributed across a baking sheet coated with parchment paper using a big (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the middle is light and puffy and the edges are a light golden brown.
- Add extra smashed chips, chopped chocolate, walnuts, and coconut as soon as it comes out of the oven, if preferred.
- Before removing, let cool on a wire rack. Then, savor!