Mostachon is an irresistible Mexican dessert that combines the sweetness of a cake with the crunch of nuts and the creamy texture of melted cheese.
This recipe is the perfect treat to satisfy any sweet tooth with its rich flavor and texture.
It’s sure to be a hit at any party or gathering!
What ingredients are needed for a mostachon recipe?
This mostachon recipe requires a few key ingredients, which are listed below.
You can also find a complete list of the ingredients and materials in this mostachon recipe.
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
When looking for the best chocolate chips, go for one that is free of wheat and tree nuts.
This is to ensure that you get a chocolate chip that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free.
1 cup white sugar
White sugar is the simplest form of sugar that you can use in any baking recipe.
It’s the closest to the granulated form of sugar we usually use in our homes.
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Vanilla extract is made from real vanilla beans or vanilla powder.
And if you’re wondering how to tell whether your vanilla extract is pure or fake, just look at the label!
If it says “natural vanilla flavor” on the label then it’s the real deal.
1 tablespoon lemon juice
The lemon juice serves as a citrus flavor booster.
Therefore, it helps to enhance the overall flavor and aroma of the mostachon.
In fact, there are some people who prefer to substitute lemon juice with orange juice when making this dessert!
2 cups all-purpose flour
All-purpose flour can be substituted with a gluten-free flour for those who are sensitive to gluten.
If you are going to use the all-purpose flour and replace it with the gluten-free flour, you will need to slightly increase the amount of sugar in the mostachon recipe.
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Cornstarch is used as a thickener.
It helps to give the mostachon its signature texture.
You can use wheat starch instead of cornstarch if you want to avoid wheat.
1/2 teaspoon salt
Salt adds a nice, salty taste to any meal.
It also helps to bring out each individual flavor component in your mostachon.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Vegetable oil can be used instead of olive oil in this recipe but only if you’re not going to use butter in your mostachon.
How long does it take to prepare a mostachon recipe?
This recipe is a classic mostachon recipe that’s been passed down from mother to daughter.
If you want to make this delicious dish, you should start by gathering all the ingredients.
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
What is the difference between a traditional mostachon recipe and a modern mostachon recipe?
A traditional mostachon recipe is made with a dense, rich cake.
This is already sweet on its own, and the addition of nuts and cheese only makes it sweeter and richer.
In contrast, a modern mostachon recipe is fluffy, light and airy, with a balance of sweet, salty and tangy flavors.
How can you make a mostachon recipe healthier?
Mostachon is traditionally made with a combination of deep-fried tortillas and fried cheese, which adds a lot of calories and fat.
This is why we have to make a mostachon recipe more healthy.
You can take out the deep-frying process, and replace it with cooking techniques like baking or roasting.
Just follow these simple suggestions below.
How can you modify a mostachon recipe for a vegan diet?
Mostachon is a great dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth. However, you can modify the recipe to make it vegan friendly. The trick to doing so is using vegan cheese and/or vegan cream cheese.
If you are going to use vegan cheese, you need to make sure that it contains no casein, e.g., from cow’s milk.
As for the cream cheese, you can always try making your own cashew-based cream cheese or just use a vegan cream cheese.
To make a mostachon recipe vegan, you will also need to use a low-fat version of any of the ingredients that contain fat.
You can also use a non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening instead of butter or margarine.
What are the best tips for making a mostachon recipe?
Don’t be intimidated by the thought of making a mostachon recipe.
It’s easy to make and the ingredients are widely available.
All you need is a food processor or blender, which you can easily find at any local drugstore.
Once you have all the ingredients ready, follow our simple and step-by-step guide to make a mostachon for yourself.
How can you add a unique twist to a mostachon recipe?
There are many different ways to add a unique twist to a mostachon recipe.
Add some liquid
There are a number of different types of mostachon recipes.
Some use the traditional ingredients of flour, sugar, and yeast while others include fruit and liquid.
You can also create your own unique version by including a combination of any of these ingredients.
If you want to add more liquid to your mostachon recipe, we recommend using an ingredient like milk that will give it more body and make it easier to spread on the bread.
For example, if you were making a traditional mostachon, then you would need to mix in a very small amount of milk or water to help it spread on the bread.
You can make your mostachon using different types of fruits.
For example, you may want to use bananas which give the mostachon a fruity flavor.
You can also make your mostachon with fruit juices that you may have leftover from your dinner party.
We recommend using apple or orange juice as they are great as they are natural sweeteners.
You can add nuts to your mostachon recipe if you want to add a bit of variety.
Nuts are an excellent source of protein and omega-6 fatty acids which is essential for healthy skin and hair.
They also add crunchiness and texture to your mostachon recipe.
You can use chocolate to make a chocolate mostachon recipe.
It will add more flavor and texture, as well as a bit of sweetness.
What are the key steps to making a mostachon recipe?
There are three essential steps to making a mostachon recipe; you first have to make a dough, then mix it with the other ingredients and cook it in the oven.
However, the biggest mistake that most people make when making a mostachon recipe is that they don’t read through the recipe before starting.
What are some common mistakes to avoid when making a mostachon recipe?
There are a few common mistakes that you can avoid when making a mostachon recipe.
Here are some of the most common ones:
- Using the wrong pan size
- Frying the mostachon too much
- Not soaking the nuts in salt water prior to baking
- Not greasing the pan before baking
These mistakes can affect the final result of your mostachon recipe.
What accompaniments can you serve with a mostachon recipe?
Mostachons are great with a variety of toppings.
Here are some suggestions:
- Chocolate chips and chocolate syrup: Add some chocolate to your mostachon for an extra-special treat.
- Sour cream and cheese: Creamy, gooey melted cheese is the perfect complement to a mostachon.
- Peanut butter: The nutty flavor of peanut butter pairs well with the sweet mostachon.
- Honey: Honey adds a touch of sweetness to the mostachon. Try using local honey from nearby beekeepers.
- Guava jelly: Guava jelly is a great choice for the mostachon since it adds a sour note to the overall taste.
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- 9-inch springform pan
- 1 tsp olive oil for greasing pan
- 8 egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup walnut halves
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 3 oz Maria cookies or plain animal crackers
For The Toppings :
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb strawberries hulled and thinly-sliced top to bottom
- The oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with olive oil after lining the bottom with parchment paper. Place aside.
- Cream of tartar and egg whites should be added to a stand mixer or a sizable basin. For about 3 minutes, beat at high speed until soft peaks develop.Granulated sugar, vanilla, and baking powder are gradually added while the mixer is on low.
- The mixture should be beaten for a another minute, or until shiny, glossy, and stiff peaks form. Place aside.Put cookies, walnuts, and pecans in a food processor. Pulse the mixture until it is ground.
- The nut mixture should be added to the egg white mixture. Gently fold everything together until it's well combined without over-mixing.Fill the prepared pan with a thin layer of the cake batter. For 50 minutes, bake.
- After taking the cake out of the oven, let it cool completely on the counter for about two hours.
FOR THE TOPPING
- To a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Until fully smooth, beat on high.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate after carefully removing it from the pan.Sliced strawberries are used as decoration, and cream cheese topping is layered on top of the cake.