If you have time and the ingredients to make your own pasta dish, then penne alla vodka with chicken is the perfect choice.
This Italian-inspired recipe is simple to make and pairs perfectly with a glass of wine.
It’s also a quick and easy meal to prepare, especially if you are in a hurry.
You can cook this dish in less than an hour, or even 30 minutes if you use store-bought penne.
What type of pasta is used for Penne Alla Vodka With Chicken?
There are three types of pasta used for penne alla vodka with chicken:
- Fresh penne pasta is used for this dish.
- Dried pasta is best used for a dish such as penne alla vodka with chicken, because it absorbs less salt during cooking and is also slightly drier than fresh pasta.
- Penne pasta is a higher-quality pasta that is made from durum wheat semolina and is available in both fresh and dried forms. It is often labeled as “golden” penne.
What other ingredients are necessary to make penne alla vodka with chicken?
To make this penne alla vodka with chicken recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
Chopped fresh oregano
How long does it take to cook Penne Alla Vodka With Chicken?
This penne alla vodka with chicken recipe takes around 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
If you’re in a hurry, you can use store-bought penne, but make sure to cook the dish according to the package directions and check the package expiration date before cooking.
Is penne alla vodka with chicken a vegetarian dish?
Penne alla vodka is a tasty dish that is made with chicken.
It is a vegetarian dish, but you can substitute mushrooms or a non-vegetarian sauce for this recipe.
If you are cooking for vegetarians, then you should still make the dish with chicken.
Penne alla vodka with chicken is a versatile dish.
You can make the dish with a completely vegetarian pasta and tomato sauce.
This will make it feel more like an Italian dish.
You can also try substituting mushrooms or other vegetables in the penne pasta, or use different types of cheese.
What is the best way to serve penne alla vodka with chicken?
This dish is best served with a glass of red wine.
If you’re not a big wine drinker, try some nice sparkling wine instead.
You can also pour one of your favorite cocktails over the top.
It’s also a good idea to serve this dish with a simple side salad.
This will give your dinner a little extra punch and make it look much more elegant than some pasta dish with only the penne.
What is the difference between penne alla vodka with chicken and other pasta dishes?
Penne alla vodka with chicken is a one-pot recipe that combines penne pasta with a creamy vodka sauce and tender chicken.
The unique combination of ingredients makes this dish stand out from other pasta dishes.
The vodka sauce brings out the flavors of the pasta, while the al dente penne keeps it al dente (not mushy).
Are there any health benefits to eating penne alla vodka with chicken?
Pasta dishes don’t usually include a lot of meat or calories, but this Italian-inspired dish is packed with protein.
It is also on the lighter side of pasta dishes and can be a good option for those who are watching their weight.
This recipe only uses one pound of chicken breast, which is a manageable portion for most people.
It is also a good source of protein, which makes it an excellent choice for anyone looking for a healthy meal.
What is the best way to store leftovers of penne alla vodka with chicken?
It’s important to remember that pasta doesn’t keep well and will begin to spoil quickly after it’s cooked.
Even if you plan to refrigerate or freeze your penne, you will want to plan a day in advance.
Leftovers should be used within three days.
If there is enough sauce left over, drizzle it over cooked chicken for a quick meal, or use it as a sauce for pasta, chicken, or vegetables.
The leftover sauce can also be frozen in small containers if you have time.
Is penne alla vodka with chicken a popular dish?
Penne alla vodka with chicken is an Italian-inspired dish that’s been growing in popularity.
It’s delicious, hearty and simple to make.
Although it’s known as an Italian pasta dish, penne alla vodka with chicken actually originates from the US.
Despite this, the dish is popular in Italy and has become a staple on menus across the country.
According to Taste of Home, there are several ways to cook penne alla vodka with chicken; however, you can use spaghetti as well.
If you’re not looking for a quick meal, then you can also add meatballs and/or sausage to this recipe.
Are there any variations of penne alla vodka with chicken that can be made?
This penne alla vodka with chicken recipe is one of the most popular pasta dishes in America.
It is simple to prepare, and it can be made with store-bought penne.
However, if you have time to make your own pasta, here are a few variations that you can try.
Penne alla vodka with chicken al forno: Bake the penne in a 350-degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until al dente.
Penne alla vodka with chicken al pesto: Add more pesto to your dish, and mix it into the penne.
Penne alla vodka with chicken ala salamanca: Substitute some garlic for the onion and basil in the original recipe.
- 1 Saute Pan
- 1 Large Pan
- 1 lb. Penne pasta
- 2 Chicken breasts seasoned with salt and black pepper and cubed
- 28 oz. Tomato passata
- 7 oz. Heavy cream
- 4 oz. Vodka
- 1/2 Sweet onion minced
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- Pecorino cheese for topping
- Parsley for topping
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Large saucepan of salted water should be brought to a boil. The spaghetti will be prepared with this.
- Add a generous drizzle of olive oil to a deep sauté pan. When it is hot, add the chicken and cook it over a medium to high temperature until it is tender. Since it will subsequently continue to cook in the sauce, it does not need to be entirely cooked.
- For about three minutes, add the onion and garlic and sauté.
- Pour the vodka in and adjust the flame to medium-low. To let the alcohol to evaporate, increase the flame once more to medium and continue cooking for around three minutes. The vodka enhances the sauce's flavor and aids in preventing the heavy cream from separating when it is mixed with the tomato sauce.
- Pour in the tomato passata and turn the heat up to medium-high. Combine everything, then bring to a boil. When it reaches a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for at least ten minutes.
- Add the penne to the boiling water in the meantime. Pasta should be cooked for one to two minutes less than recommended on the package or until al dente.
- Taste the sauce two minutes prior to the pasta's completion and adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper as necessary. Mix everything together in the sauce pan after adding the heavy cream.
- Use a hand strainer to scoop the cooked penne into the dutch oven or pan with the vodka sauce. Combine everything and let the pan-cooked food finish for a further two minutes.
- Remove from the pan and garnish with pecorino cheese and finely chopped parsley before serving.