Perry’s pork chop recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is full of flavor.
It features marinated pork chops that are cooked to perfection, as well as a flavorful sauce made with garlic, onions, and herbs.
The combination of succulent pork and savory sauce makes this dish irresistible and sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
In this article, you will learn how to prepare this dish.
What ingredients are needed to make Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe ?
In order to cook this dish , you will need:
- 3 pounds pork chops
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 pounds onions , peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley , chopped
How long does it take to prepare Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe ?
The marinade and sauce take the longest to prepare, but the actual cooking time is fairly short.
The pork chops need to cook for about 3 minutes per side to ensure that they’re done to perfection.
For a total cooking time of about 8 minutes, this recipe takes about 90 minutes to make.
The amount of time it takes will vary depending on your oven and how your pork chops come out.
What is the most important step in making Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe ?
Like most recipes, the preparation time is the one step that takes the longest.
You have to marinate the pork chops for 24 hours in order to tenderize them and enhance their flavor.
The marinated pork chops are then cooked , followed by a quick pan-frying process that adds a crispy crust and is then finished off with a delicious sauce.
What type of cooking method is used in Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe ?
Perry’s pork chop recipe is made with pork chops that are marinated in a special mixture of ingredients, including a little bit of pineapple juice.
The marinade tenderizes the meat, improves its flavor, and adds additional moisture.
This mixture is then poured over the chops so that they are evenly coated.
The marinade also allows other flavors to come through.
Garlic, onions, and fresh herbs are added to help improve the overall taste of the dish.
What other dishes pair well with Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe ?
The amazing flavor of Perry’s pork chop recipe is an excellent pairing for steamed vegetables, rice and beans, and you can also add it to nachos.
It pairs great with chili, too.
Are there any substitutions for ingredients in Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe ?
The only substitutions you need to make are to either the peppers or mushrooms, depending on what you have in your pantry.
If you do not have the sauce , use a dry white wine mixed with chopped onions and garlic.
If you prefer spicy pork chops , be sure to add red chili flakes to the marinade.
Are there any special tips for making Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe ?
The marinade for this dish is quite involved, which adds to the overall preparation.
Those who are short on time may wish to opt for a marinade that is prepared in advance, which can then be refrigerated or frozen until needed .
While there are no actual special tips or tricks to performing this recipe, you should certainly follow the directions as written as many details are essential to the final outcome.
Is Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe suitable for a special occasion ?
Perry’s pork chop recipe is ideal for special occasions like holidays, birthdays, and other festivities.
It is a popular dish that can be served at parties and special events because it is easy to make as well as tasty.
The marinated pork chops are tender and juicy and the sauce offers just the right amount of flavor.
The aroma of herbs , garlic, and onions will tantalize your taste buds .
The pork chop recipe can be made in advance, so you can have delicious food ready on time .
And if the weather turns cold while you’re cooking , you can place the cooked pork chops in the freezer to keep them fresh.
Click here for a list of 14 different ways to serve pork chops.
What nutritional value does Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe offer ?
This dish offers a healthy dose of healthy fats , antioxidants, and proteins .
The pork chop contains antioxidants such as vitamin E and selenium, which help to protect the body from disease.
The sauce also contains a large amount of selenium .
In addition to these nutrients , the dish has more than 6 grams of protein and a mere 108 calories.
How can Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe be modified to suit different dietary restrictions ?
In most recipes, certain ingredients may be omitted or substituted due to dietary restrictions.
However, this is not the case with Perry’s pork chop recipe .
This dish is not suitable for anyone who has an allergy to gluten, dairy , soybeans or eggs.
It is important to use fresh ingredients when making any recipe and as such it is recommended that you check with your doctor before making any recipe.
- small saucepan
- Small bowl
- Large skillet
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large pond of fresh pork cuts
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 14 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Turn on the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture liberally on both sides of the pork chops once it has been thoroughly mixed.
- Next, add olive oil to a big skillet and heat it over medium-high heat. To achieve an epic meat appearance, place the pork chops in the pan and cook them on the stovetop for about 3–4 minutes per side, or until they are browned.
- Take a second small bowl, add the chicken broth, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme, and whisk to combine. When it boils, pour this sauce over the pork chops in the stovetop skillet.
- Reduce the flame to low after the pork chops begin to boil. Allow everything to simmer for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Turn off the heat now. From the stove, take out the bowl. After that, put the pork chops in a single layer on a shallow baking sheet.
- Then, cover them with the barbecue sauce and bake them for 30 minutes, or until they are perfectly done.
- The Perry’s pork chops are offered for consumption. Mash potatoes and vegetables work well with it.
- All in all, this recipe for Perry’s Pork Chops is a traditional favorite that you can quickly make at home whenever you like.
- It doesn’t call for expensive ingredients and takes just over 30 minutes to prepare.