Ronto wraps can be made with ingredients like pasta, rice, or quinoa.
They can also include meat, vegetables, nuts, and spices.
Rontos are usually served as an appetizer but they can also serve as main course if prepared right.
How Do You Make Ronto Wraps?
Here’s how to prepare your own ronto wrap at home.
- Take the desired amount of uncooked pasta or other grain or seed that will fill up the tortilla.
- Add one cup of diced tomatoes (or three tablespoons of tomato paste).
- Mix well and let it marinate for about 15 minutes.
- After the past has soaked up all the flavor from the tomatoes, add 1/4 cup chopped onion, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium heat until everything starts to get tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together 3 cups cooked white beans, 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, 2 teaspoons chili powder, and cumin.
- Once everything is done cooking, mix everything together and put into the center of the tortillas.
- Fold over each side of the tortilla and roll them out.
- Put some cheese on top before rolling again.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
To learn more about ronto wraps, check out these related articles below:
If you want to have healthier meals, try making ronto wraps using whole grains instead of pasta.
What Is In A Ronto Wrap?
A ronto wrap typically includes some kind of protein (beef, chicken, fish) and/or vegetables along with grains such as wheat flour, lentils, bulgur, couscous, and rice.
Some versions may even include egg-based binders to help hold everything together while cooking.
The most common fillings for ronto wraps are beef, chicken, or seafood.
The following is an example of a basic ronto wrap filling that contains ground beef:
- 1 cup cooked brown basmati rice
- ½ red onion diced fine
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces ground beef
Another popular variation on traditional ronto wraps is adding fresh herbs, tomatoes, spinach, peppers, olives, mushrooms, etc.
Some chefs have gone as far as creating their own unique ronto wrappers by combining different types of grains and proteins.
If you’re not sure what type of ronto wrap to order at your local restaurant, there are several online resources available including Yelp reviews where people post comments about various restaurants.
What Is The Best Ronto Wrap Recipe?
Here’s how to make a tasty ronto wrap at home that will satisfy your craving for this popular Asian dish.
- Ingredients: A mix of brown rice flour (or another gluten-free flour), cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, chili flakes, ginger, sesame oil, agave nectar, soy sauce, water, vegetable broth, and egg yolks (optional)
- Prepare a bowl of ice cold water
- In a medium pot, add 1 cup of white rice to 2 cups of water
- Bring it to boil on high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until all the water has evaporated
- Cover and let cook for 20 minutes
- After cooking, remove from the stovetop and allow to cool down completely before proceeding with the rest of the recipe
- Add remaining ingredients into a food processor and blend well
- Use a large spoon to spread mixture onto a nonstick baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake in oven set to 350 F degrees for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and use the back of a spatula to flatten out the top slightly so that the filling doesn’t ooze while serving
- Serve immediately with ketchup, sriracha mayonnaise, or other condiments of choice
How Do You Make A Ronto Wrap Taste Good?
In this article we will find out how to make a ronto wrap that tastes great!
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to your usual go-to fast food, then here are some of our favorite recipes!
1. Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Ronto Wrap Recipe
This spaghetti bolognese ronto wrap recipe uses zoodles (zucchini noodles) in place of regular pasta.
The sauce has no added sugar and it cooks down into a thick consistency after being refrigerated overnight.
The zoodles add texture to the dish while keeping everything moist.
They also help prevent the sauce from drying up too much when reheating later on.
2. Vegetable Quinoa Taco Salad Ronto Wraps
These vegetable quinoa taco salad ronto wraps are packed full of flavor.
You won’t even miss the tortilla shell because these tacos have all the same deliciousness without any extra carbs.
You start by cooking quinoa using water, salt, and oil.
Then you combine this with other veggies such as red bell pepper, spinach, mushrooms, corn, and black beans.
Finally, you top them off with a creamy ranch dressing.
3. Pesto Chicken Ronto Wrap Recipe
If you love chicken pesto ronto wraps in particular, then you should try this one.
It combines fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice together to form a flavorful filling that goes perfectly inside a soft flour tortilla.
4. Tuna Pasta Ronto Wrap Recipe
Here is another tuna pasta ronto wrap recipe that does not require any additional sauces.
The combination of albacore tuna, yellow squash, peas, and feta cheese makes this dish so incredibly tasty and satisfying.
There is no need to worry about having too many calories because there are only 8 per serving.
5. Eggplant Bacon Ranch Ronto Wrap Recipe
Eggplant bacon ranch ronto wrap is sure to please anyone who loves breakfast foods.
The eggplant adds a nice textural element to the dish while still allowing you to enjoy its rich flavors.
To prepare eggplant bacon ranch ronto wraps, first cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and remove their seeds.
Next, slice each half into thin strips and lay them flat on paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
When done, fry the eggplant slices until crispy and transfer them to a bowl.
Remove the paper towel from around the eggplant and set aside.
6. Mediterranean Chickpeas And Feta Ronto Wrap Recipe
Chickpeas are often used in Mediterranean cuisine due to their high fiber content which helps keep blood glucose levels steady throughout the day.
Using chickpeas instead of bread crumbs allows you to create more of a crunchy outer layer for the ronto wrap, thereby providing better texture and taste.
When preparing Mediterranean chickpeas and feta ronto wraps, you start by soaking dried chickpeas overnight.
Once they are ready, drain them thoroughly and cook them in a pressure cooker along with tomato paste, onion, garlic, oregano, paprika, cumin, coriander, hot chili powder, parsley, and bay leaves.
After 15 minutes of cooking, you let the mixture cool down before adding the feta cheese.
What Are Some Tips For Making Ronto Wraps?
Here are the basic steps to follow when preparing your own ronto wrap.
- Cook noodles until al dente (tender without being mushy)
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat, add onion, garlic, ginger root, cumin powder, coriander seeds, and red chili flakes. Cook for 1 minute on medium high heat before adding tomatoes.
- Add all other ingredients except spinach leaves.
- When sauce starts boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain excess water from spinach leaves and put them into bowl of food processor. Blend together thoroughly.
- To assemble the ronto wrap, take one piece of each ingredient and place it on top of the other ingredients in order listed above.
- Roll up tightly using paper towel.
- Repeat process until all ingredients have been used.
- Serve immediately.
How Do You Keep Ronto Wraps From Falling Apart?
Here’s how you make them:
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 2 cups of uncooked rice in a bowl.
- Cover and let it sit until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper into the cooked rice mixture.
- Place the rice mixture onto parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Spread 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese evenly across the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celsius) for 15 minutes.
Some people prefer using a different ratio of rice, such as 3 parts rice to one part soy sauce.
You could even use brown rice instead of white rice.
You may want to add more seasoning to your ronto wrap depending on what type of protein you choose to put inside.
For example, turkey would not need much seasoning because it already contains seasonings that taste great together.
If you choose to add more seasoning, try adding Italian herbs or garlic powder along with salt and pepper.
What Is The Best Way To Reheat A Ronto Wrap?
You can make your own homemade ronto wrap at home by following this simple recipe below!
If you want to save some time, however, there are several ways that you could buy a pre-made version of a ronto wrap online.
You should always check out reviews before making any purchase decision because not all brands will have the same quality.
Here’s what you need to get started on your first try:
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice (or other grain)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomato
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
To create your tasty ronto wrap, follow these steps:
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. In this instance, I used the Instant Pot Rice cooker. Place it in the pot and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil followed by the rice. Add 1/4 cup of water and stir until combined.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup water, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Press “Start” and cook on pressure for 5 minutes. Once finished, let the saucepan sit off the stove for 10 minutes. Press “Cancel” and press “Sauté” to turn heat down to low.
- In a bowl, whisk together the beaten egg and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix the scrambled eggs into the cooked rice along with the tomatoes, onions, carrots, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Once everything is mixed well, spread the mixture onto a nonstick pan and place over high heat. Spread evenly so that the ronto wrap cooks quickly without burning.
- Turn the heat down to medium and continue cooking for about 4 minutes per side.
If you don’t feel like cooking, you could order a ready-to-heat ronto wrap online instead.
We recommend ordering one from LoveFoodHunt.com.
They offer free shipping on orders above $30 and they guarantee quality food products.
Ordering takes just a few seconds and you only pay $5.99 for shipping plus tax. To see how much each product costs, click here.
How Do You Know When A Ronto Wrap Is Done?
If you’re making this dish at home, it may take some trial-and-error to get your ronto just how you want it.
There isn’t one single temperature that will work for all recipes.
The cooking times are based on what type of food you’re using in your ronto wrap.
You should always use fresh foods unless otherwise specified.
The ronto wrap I have provided here uses short grain brown rice which takes about 25 minutes to cook.
If you’re not sure whether or not your food needs to be cooked before adding it into the wrap, check out our guide on how long to cook different types of grains.
You won’t need much more than water to prepare a ronto wrap.
Just add enough liquid so the mixture doesn’t dry out while you’re preparing everything else.
Can You Make Ronto Wraps Ahead Of Time?
You can prepare your ronto wraps in advance by making them the night before.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Prepare all other ingredients (if using) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, veggies, and cheese.
- Add seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, etc., to taste.
- Toss everything well until it’s mixed together evenly.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the mixture onto each tortilla.
- Top with another layer of sauce followed by shredded cheese.
- Place on baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes per side.
Tips to remember while preparing ronto wraps
- To get the best results from this dish, use high-quality ingredients including fresh herbs, whole grain flours, and good quality dairy products.
- If you have leftover stuffing mix that has been stored in the refrigerator, you can add it into your ronto wraps instead of buying store bought ones.
- Make sure to keep the ronto wraps warm so they don’t dry out during cooking.
What Are Some Variations Of Ronto Wraps?
There are several different variations on the theme so it’s important to use your creativity when making them.
A few popular combinations are listed below.
- Quinoa + Spinach + Tomato + Basil + Ricotta Cheese = Queronto
- Pasta + Turkey + Mushrooms + Sun Dried Tomatoes = Pastoro
- Tofu + Vegetables + Shiitake mushrooms + Sesame Seeds + Wasabi Peas = Tofurotto
- Noodles + Chicken + Pine Nuts + Cilantro = Spaghettiro
- Cauliflower Rice + Chicken + Bacon + Egg Whites = Rontopanis
- Spinach + Feta cheese + Carrot + Onion = Spinato
The possibilities really are endless!
- 1 medium English cucumber
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-fat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 large lemon juiced
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
- 1 cup thin strips red cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup thin strips green cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 thin-cut pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 pork sausages
- 6 pita breads
FOR THE SLAW:
- Combine the red cabbage, carrots, green cabbage, and onion in a medium bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a different small bowl.
- After pouring, mix the vegetables. When not in use, cover and place in the fridge.
FOR THE WRAPS:
- Heat up the grill or grill pan to medium. Grill pork chops for 4 minutes on each side after seasoning with salt & pepper.
- Transfer the chops to the cutting board. Sausages should be grilled on the grill for 8 minutes or until heated through.
- On a cutting board, remove the sausages. Over medium heat, toast pita bread for 2 minutes or so.
- On a pita bread, layer 1 pork chop, 1 sausage, 1/6 of the slaw, and 1/6 of the peppercorn sauce. To form a taco, fold. Serve right away after repeating with the remaining ingredients.