This delicious ronzoni lasagna recipe is a classic Italian dish with layers of cheese, meat, and noodles that combine to create a savory and hearty meal.
It’s an easy-to-make dish that is sure to please the whole family.
The combination of classic Italian flavors and textures makes this a classic dish that will be sure to have everyone coming back for more.
What ingredients are needed to make a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe?
There are some ingredients that are somewhat standard for any lasagna recipe but you will also need to have a few items on hand just in case you are making this dish.
You’ll need the following items:
- Ranch dressing
- Canned tomatoes
- Ground beef or bolognese sauce
- Half and half or heavy cream
- Mozzarella cheese slices
You will also need a medium baking dish with a tight fitting lid for this recipe.
Some of the other items you may find useful when making this dish include: Spaghetti noodles, 4-7 cups of marinara sauce, olive oil, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and water.
How long does it take to prepare a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe?
This is a very simple, classic recipe that takes no time at all to prepare.
The only time-consuming part of making this is usually the assembly:
- Preparing the meat and sauce.
- Filling the lasagna pan with layers of noodles, sauce, cheese, and meat.
- Cooking and assembling.
The rest is simply a matter of waiting for the dish to cook and serve.
The dish will take about one hour in an oven set at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) or 1.5 hours on the stove while it simmers.
I would recommend using an oven safe electric skillet or casserole dish so that it doesn’t burn during cooking.
What are some tips for making a successful Ronzoni Lasagna recipe?
One of the biggest tips for making a successful Ronzoni Lasagna recipe is to keep in mind that it’s a dish that will be eaten with your hands.
This means that you shouldn’t wash your hands before starting to prepare it.
This is a dish that is also great for family get-togethers, so it’s important to consider how many people will be eating at the same time.
If you’re having more guests than you expected, then it might be best to make several portions of the recipe and store them separate from each other so you can serve each person their own portion.
What kind of cheese is best to use in a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe?
The classic choice for a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe is a blend of mozzarella and parmesan cheese, but it is not uncommon to see the addition of other cheeses used in this dish such as romano, swiss, and parmigiano.Some chefs even like to add ricotta or goat cheese.
How many servings does a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe make?
The Ronzoni Lasagna recipe makes about 3-4 servings.
If you want to make more than two servings, you will need to double the ingredients (and double the cooking time).
For example, if you are making the full recipe and have a 9 x 13 baking dish, you will need to add an additional 8 oz of cheese and 6 oz of meat.
Are there any variations of the Ronzoni Lasagna recipe?
There are tons of variations, but this one is the most common.
For a different taste, make the recipe with ground chicken instead of sausage, or use ground turkey.
Start by sautéing onions and garlic in olive oil, breaking up the meat if it’s frozen into small pieces.
Add the beef and cook until browned.
Layer in a ziploc bag with the ricotta cheese and Parmesan; top with sauce, then cover with lasagna noodles.
These are just some of the many options available for adding some extra spice to this dish.
What is the cooking temperature for a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe?
The cooking temperature for a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe is medium to medium-high, depending on how much time you have available and how much effort you want to put into the meal.
If you don’t have a thermometer, reference the food thermometer strip at the base of your oven.
It will give a good idea as to what your oven’s cooking temperature is.
What kind of pasta is used in a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe?
Ronzoni is a brand of pasta that originated in the Italian town of Roncobello.
The company was started by two brothers, but it later moved to Canton Ticino, Switzerland.
It began as a family run business, but in the 1960s, Ronzoni began expanding abroad.
Ronzoni noodles are made from durum wheat flour and feature a smooth texture, an intense flavor and a light golden color.
The pasta has a soft toothsome bite and is perfect for use in all kinds of recipes.
How can you tell when a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe is done cooking?
It’s easy to check for doneness when cooking a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe.
The cheese should be browned in the oven, and the meat should be well-done.
You can also test for doneness by inserting a butter knife into the center of a lasagna and seeing if it comes out clean.
The meat should be cooked through, but the noodles should still be tender.
What other dishes can be served with a Ronzoni Lasagna recipe?
Aside from being a welcome alternative to traditional lasagna, ronzoni lasagna can also be a great choice for Italian-themed luncheons.
If you want to serve bright, fresh salads and green drinks, simply create your own Italian buffet with this recipe.
When serving this dish at a party, it’s best to cook one large sheet of pasta so that you have enough for everyone to share.
This will make it easier to add different items on top of the lasagna (like a layer of sausage) and make it easier for guests to grab individual servings quickly.
- 1 Oven
- 16 oz box Ronzoni lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 C meat sauce
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 C parmesan cheese
- 1 C mozzarella cheese
- Oven temperature set at 375 F. Cook the ground beef until browned over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Brown meat is left aside after the fat is drained.
- Cook the raw pasta according the directions on the package. Drain the pasta when it has been boiled, then set it aside.Mix the spaghetti sauce and meat sauce in a small basin.Assemble the cheese filling in a medium bowl. Ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese should all be combined.
- Spread 1/2 C of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9-inch baking dish before assembling the lasagne.Place 4 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Depending on your lasagna pan, you might need to make modifications to the layered pasta.Cover the noodles with half of the cheese mixture.
- To finish the layer, sprinkle 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.Repetition of the pasta and filling layers is necessary. The top layer should be finished with the remaining meat and sauce combination and parmesan cheese.Place foil over the dish and bake for 30 minutes. When the lasagna is bubbling and golden brown, remove the cover and bake for a further 10 minutes.After resting for 10 minutes, serve the lasagna.