The popularity of Seedlip has been soaring as people have begun to understand how versatile this beverage is, and how it can be applied to any type of cocktail.
What Is The Recipe For Seedlip?
Seedlip is an herbal tincture that consists of six different herbs blended together.
The herbs are all native to the Mediterranean region, including Sicily, Greece, Turkey, North Africa, and Spain.
Some of these plants include St John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum), Chia seeds, Holy Basil leaves, Rosemary leaves, Thyme leaves, and fennel flower tops.
These herbs contain antioxidants that help protect your body from free radicals and inflammation.
In addition to their antioxidant benefits, they also have anti-inflammatory properties which can assist in reducing pain and easing soreness.
They work well when combined because each herb contains beneficial compounds.
For example, the chia seed helps boost the immune system by providing essential fatty acids.
These oils are extremely important during times of stress, such as cold and flu season.
They also provide energy and aid in digestion.
Hypericin found in St John’s Wort provides protection against viruses.
It also works to reduce anxiety and depression.
Rosemary contains high levels of vitamin A, selenium, manganese, copper, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and vitamins B1, B3, B5, C, D, E, K, and F!
Thyme contains flavonoids and thymol, both of which promote overall health and wellness.
Thyme also promotes healthy skin and hair growth, relieves muscle cramps, eases migraines, aids in digestive function, and improves blood circulation.
Fennel flowers contain a variety of nutrients including protein, fiber, potassium, riboflavin, niacin, folate, and pantothenic acid.
This plant also offers relief for headaches and nausea.
Overall, the combination of these herbs offer many positive effects to our bodies.
However, there are some risks associated with taking them.
Because of this, we recommend consulting a healthcare professional before using Seedlip.
Seedlip comes in two forms: liquid and powder.
Liquid is more potent than powder, so if you prefer drinking your tinctures, choose the liquid form.
If you want a stronger effect without having to take a larger dose, then use the powdered version.
Most common ways to consume Seedlip include mixing it into juice or water, adding it to smoothies and other beverages, and making herbal tea out of it.
You can even add it directly to food like salads or desserts.
Just remember to dilute it first, since it can cause gastrointestinal upset if consumed too quickly.
How Do You Make Seedlip?
Seedlip is an herbal tea-based concoction that is available online and at some grocery stores across the United States.
This popular product contains six different herbs blended together which is what gives it its unique flavor.
You can find Seedlip in various forms, such as powder, liquid extract, tinctures, and capsules.
There has also been talk about adding CBD oil to Seedlip so users can consume the herb without having to worry about getting high from THC.
If you don’t want to mix up your own homemade Seedlip, there are plenty of companies who will ship out powdered versions of this product.
The most common ones include Nature’s Way Botanicals and Green Mountain Botanicals.
Although these options are convenient, you won’t get quite the same results when making them yourself because they use less than 1% of each ingredient compared to the 10% – 20% percent ratio you would need if you were going to create the brew by mixing all of the seeds and roots together.
For example, one cup of ground cayenne pepper only provides 0.0015 grams of cayenne while five cups of cayenne provide.0025 grams.
With that being said, I still recommend buying the powders because the taste isn’t nearly as strong as you could achieve through grinding your own spices.
Liquid extraction method
This option allows you to buy pre-made bottles of Seedlip, but the problem here is that you end up paying more money per bottle than you normally would be if you purchased the powder directly from the manufacturer.
To solve this issue, you can take advantage of the fact that many grocery store chains carry their own brands of Seedlip.
These types of products usually come packaged in smaller containers like 5-ounce glass vials.
You then just add hot water to the container until it reaches the line where the product starts separating into two phases.
At this point, you should stir it thoroughly so that you avoid clumps forming.
If you prefer using a liquid form of the product instead of taking a pill, you can easily purchase a tincture version of Seedlip, too.
While this may seem like a better option over the other methods mentioned above, it comes with its own set of problems that you might not enjoy.
The main problem with this method is that the tincture requires time before it becomes effective.
For instance, you must wait 48 hours after preparing it before consuming it.
Once you start drinking it though, you can feel it working straight away.
Another issue with the tincture method is that it takes longer to prepare than the other methods.
That means that you’ll spend more money on shipping costs since you’re sending back empty packaging every time you order the product.
If you live near a large city, however, then it shouldn’t cost much extra to send the package via UPS.
The last way that you can obtain Seedlip is by purchasing the product in capsule format.
Although this method does allow you to receive the benefit of ingesting the raw material right away, it doesn’t offer the convenience of either the liquid or the powder versions.
When you’ve taken capsules of the product, you’ll have to break them open and pour the contents down your throat.
Also, the amount of active ingredients inside the capsules isn’t very substantial, so you’ll need to take several tablets (or pills) to reach the level of potency that you would expect from the powder.
What Are The Ingredients For Seedlip?
Seedlip contains six main ingredients that give it its distinct flavor.
- Carrot – Carrots add a sweet taste and act as an anti-oxidant.
- Hibiscus flower – Hibiscus flowers contain antioxidants which help fight against free radicals.
- Celery seed – Celery seeds add bitterness to your drinks and help increase blood flow.
- Mint leaves – Mint leaves add freshness to your drinks while also adding vitamins A, B, C, K, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc, and copper.
- Tarragon – Tarragon adds a strong aroma to your drinks and helps boost metabolism.
- Lemon grass – Lemon Grass adds a citrusy flavor to your drinks and acts as an antioxidant.
These ingredients work together to create a unique flavor profile when combined.
How Do You Serve Seedlip?
Seedlip comes in two different forms – powder and liquid form.
You can consume both of these depending upon your preference.
- For those who prefer a powdered version, they simply add the powder into their favorite alcoholic beverages and mix well.
- The powder also works great when added into iced drinks such as smoothies.
- On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more potent variant of Seedlip, then you should opt for the liquid form.
- When consumed in the liquid form, it goes well with most types of alcoholic beverages.
- However, some people find that the taste of it is not quite up to par so they tend to choose non-alcoholic versions instead.
Preparation tips for the powder form of Seedlip
If you like using the powder form of Seedlip, here are certain steps that will help you prepare it at home easily.
- To make sure that there isn’t too much dust, pour the mixture onto a clean white plate first before placing it inside an airtight container.
- You don’t need to worry about adding too many spices because the powders already contain all the essential flavors.
- Once you get the right amount of seed lip powder, you can use it to top off your favorite alcoholic beverage by shaking it around the glass.
Preparing Liquid Seedlip
In order to create the perfect liquid Seedlip, follow these simple steps below.
- Firstly, pour water into a measuring cup until you reach half full.
- Then, put the remaining portion into another bottle (a small one) and shake them together vigorously.
- Afterward, strain out water from the bottle containing the Seedlip mixture.
- Keep the remaining liquids in the bottle and stir them vigorously as needed.
- Now, you’ll want to decant the liquid into smaller containers and store them in the refrigerator.
- This step helps maintain the freshness of the beverage.
What Is The Best Way To Enjoy Seedlip?
Seedlip is an easy-to-prepare drink that comes from South Africa.
Its roots go back centuries ago when the Dutch first introduced alcohol into the country.
It was only later that the indigenous Khoisan tribes began brewing their own alcoholic drinks using local plants and herbs.
The use of seedlips dates back even further than that, however – to ancient Egypt where they were believed to help relieve headaches and other ailments.
In modern times, seedlips are still popular among both locals and tourists alike.
They’re commonly served at restaurants and bars in South Africa and also available online for purchase.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Seedlip concentrate
- 1/2 cup water or apple cider vinegar
You will need to prepare your ingredients beforehand so that they’re ready for mixing once the rest of the preparation process begins.
Start by grinding up all of your dry ingredients such as the cinnamon and ginger.
You should grind them separately because some recipes call for the spices to be mixed together before being added to the rest of the ingredients.
Next, mix the lemon juice, honey, and Seedlip concentrate together until thoroughly combined.
Finally, add the remaining ingredients and stir well to ensure everything is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
Once you’ve finished preparing your concoction, allow it to sit overnight to let the flavors develop.
This allows the drink to fully mature and gives it a more robust flavor.
If you want to speed things up, simply store the prepared mixture in airtight containers away from sunlight for several days.
Once the mixture is done fermenting, strain out the seeds, then pour the liquid into bottles for storage.
These instructions apply whether you choose to make the Seedlip yourself or buy a pre-made bottle.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Seedlip?
Seedlip is an amazing tonic that contains more than 100 different vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, polyphenols, and other nutrients that strengthen one’s immune system, protect against diseases, and help maintain good general health.
It also helps reduce stress levels and improve sleep quality by helping your body relax and unwind.
Here are some of the most common health benefits associated with Seedlip:
- Boosts energy level
- Improves mental clarity
- Helps you get rid of fatigue and exhaustion
- Protects your heart from cardiovascular problems
- Enhances digestion
- Prevents premature aging
- Reduces inflammation throughout your body
- Maintains healthy skin
- Stimulates hair growth
- Promotes weight loss
How does Seedlip work?
When you consume Seedlip, it goes through several phases before reaching peak absorption into your bloodstream.
The first phase involves breaking down the raw materials so they can easily enter your digestive tract and reach the blood vessels.
The second stage includes the release of active compounds within the seeds after being broken down by enzymes present in the stomach.
Finally, the third stage is when the active compounds from the seeds begin to absorb into the bloodstream or lymphatic system to deliver their effects.
Benefits of consuming Seedlip
Consuming Seedlip regularly will allow you to boost your overall well-being in both physical and psychological aspects of life.
Here are some of the many ways that Seedlip can benefit you:
Increased immunity: When consumed daily, Seedlip boosts your immune system which makes you less susceptible to infection and disease, thereby increasing your overall resistance to illness.
Improved mood: A study published in The Journal of Nutrition found that those who drank Seedlip every day for 12 weeks experienced improved mood compared to individuals who did not take the supplement.
Enhanced focus: According to a Harvard Medical School review, taking Seedlip improves concentration, memory, and reaction time.
Better sleep: Some studies suggest that Seedlip can improve sleep quality because it reduces anxiety and increases relaxation and calmness.
This leads to better restorative sleep and reduced insomnia symptoms.
Weight management: Research shows that Seedlip helps increase metabolism, which allows you burn more calories while at rest, even if you don’t exercise during the day.
Improved sexual performance: According to a study published in the International Journal of Impotence Research, men who took Seedlip reported increased libido and erectile function.
Enhanced athletic performance: Taking Seedlip can enhance athletic performance in athletes competing in endurance events like marathons and triathlons.
According to research, it can help build muscle mass, decrease recovery times between workouts, and lower lactate levels in the blood.
Improved cognitive abilities: Consuming Seedlip can help improve brain functions including cognition, attention span, and memory retention.
What Are The Nutritional Value Of Seedlip?
Seedlip contains several nutrients that help boost one’s overall well-being.
The main ingredient of this elixir is fennel seed oil, which provides essential vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B1, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, and potassium.
Other than these beneficial elements, Seedlip also includes other plant extracts and oils that provide additional vitamins like C, E, D3, beta carotene, and many more antioxidants.
These components work together to improve your immune system, reduce inflammation, and even fight cancer cells.
What Are The Side Effects Of Seedlip?
Seedlip is a natural product that contains no harmful substances.
Its only risk factor comes from consuming too much at once.
According to the seedlips website, “Consuming large amounts of Seedlip will increase your appetite, cause drowsiness, and may induce vomiting”.
If these symptoms persist longer than 24 hours after consumption, seek medical attention immediately.
However, if you consume Seedlip moderately over time, there should be no negative consequences.
Is Seedlip Good For You?
Seedlip is an herbal concoction that contains several different plants, including aloe vera, chamomile, nettle leaf, horsetail, and peppermint leaves.
These herbs work together to help cleanse your digestive system while also boosting your immune system.
This helps boost energy levels and improves overall well-being.
Some people believe that Seedlip was originally created by ancient Egyptians who believed it had healing properties, but there’s no actual evidence to support this claim.
However, some people do think that Seedlip originated from the Middle East where seeds were used as medicine long before they were known about in Europe.
As far as benefits go, Seedlip works wonders when consumed regularly.
It can also be added to other drinks like coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
Some people even use it as a replacement for sugar!
Benefits of Seedlip
- It boosts immunity – Seedlip contains antioxidants which protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- This means that it protects against cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and many more health problems.
- Helps cleanse your body – Seedlip is rich in vitamins A, C, E, K, B6, folic acid, and calcium.
- All these nutrients play a role in keeping your skin healthy, protecting your bones, and helping your body fight off infections.
- Improves digestion – The enzymes found in Seedlip aid in breaking down food so that it can pass through your stomach easily.
- Plus, it increases blood flow to the intestines, which speeds up nutrient absorption.
- Boosts energy levels – Seedlip contains caffeine, tannins, and magnesium.
- These all work together to keep your mind sharp and prevent fatigue.
- They also increase your metabolism rate, allowing your body to burn calories at a faster pace.
- Enhances mood – Seedlip contains L-theanine, a calming amino acid that relaxes both your muscles and your brain.
- L-theanine reduces stress, anxiety, and depression and makes you feel happier and calmer than usual.
- Reduces inflammation – Seedlip may contain anti-inflammatory compounds called catechols, which reduce swelling and pain.
- Studies show that it can reduce joint pain and treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- Makes you smarter – Seedlip contains vitamin B1 (thiamin), which promotes mental function, memory, and concentration.
- Research shows that it can improve learning disabilities such as dyslexia, ADHD, and autism spectrum disorder.
- May lower cholesterol – Aloevera lowers bad LDL cholesterol and raises good HDL cholesterol, making it beneficial for lowering cholesterol in general.
- It also decreases triglycerides.
- May reduce symptoms of allergies -Aloe Vera can decrease allergic reactions and alleviate symptoms associated with hay fever and asthma.
- Treats constipation – Chamomile aids in bowel movements and prevents diarrhea.
- Horsetail is another herb that can be incorporated into seedlip recipes to help cure constipation.
Side Effects of Seedlip
There aren’t too many side effects associated with using Seedlip.
You might experience mild nausea if you consume too much of it.
In addition, some people report that it causes headaches, dizziness, and insomnia.
If you’re pregnant, however, you should avoid taking Seedlip because it could cause birth defects.
If you decide to take Seedlip anyway, remember to stay hydrated throughout the day.
Drinking plenty of water will make sure that your body gets enough fluids without having to ingest extra supplements.
Your doctor may recommend drinking fruit juices instead of soda, as those are healthier alternatives.
Why Is Seedlip Good For You?
If you’ve ever had a hangover, then you know just how hard the body works when it comes to breaking down alcohol and replacing what was lost during your night out.
While there are many beverages that will help you replace some of those lost fluids (like water), most won’t do much else besides providing temporary relief from dehydration and making you feel slightly better.
You may not realize it at first but seedlip contains several compounds which work together to provide you with all-natural relief from both physical and emotional pain.
- Linalool – This compound helps reduce inflammation throughout the body by acting as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Geraniol – This ingredient also serves as an antioxidant by helping prevent free radicals from damaging cells.
- Cannabidiol – CBD reduces swelling in the brain and protects against damage caused by stress.
- Nordihydroguaiaretic acid – NGA promotes cell growth while reducing oxidative stress.
- Eugenol – Eugenol acts as an analgesic, sedative, and antiseptic agent.
All of these ingredients make up a powerful combination designed to soothe your mind, body, and soul after a long day of drinking too much wine, beer, or liquor.
How does Seedlip taste?
Many people assume that because Seedlip looks like liquid hemp oil, it must have a similar flavor profile.
But if you look closely, you’ll notice that Seedlip doesn’t actually contain any THC whatsoever – although it does contain cannabidiol (CBD).
In fact, the only thing about Seedlip that resembles hemp oil is the appearance of the plant itself.
The actual extractions are extracted using solvents and filtered through a special process known as “cold press extraction”.
As such, Seedlip tastes very different than other types of hemp oils available on the market today.
- 1 Glass
- 2 ounces Seedlip
- 1 ounce apple cider
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce honey syrup
- 2 ounces of Seedlip Garden 108, 1 ounce of apple cider, 1/4 of fresh lemon juice, and 1/4 ounce of honey syrup (honey cut 1:1 with hot water so it dissolves more quickly) should be combined in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- After thoroughly chilling, shake, and strain into a tall glass filled with new ice.
- Add a half-ounce of club soda on top, then add some rosemary as a garnish.