As the weather starts to warm up, people are ready for fast and easy meals.
For those who are busy during the day, night shifts, or simply don’t have time to cook, shrimp wraps make it easy to include a delicious meal in your routine.
This shrimp wrap recipe is a delicious, light meal that is perfect for any occasion.
It is made with fresh ingredients and is packed with flavor.
The combination of shrimp and vegetables wrapped in a tortilla creates a unique and flavorful dish with a variety of textures and flavors.
What ingredients are needed to make a shrimp wrap ?
Shrimp is the star ingredient in this recipe.
The shrimp are marinated in a mixture of olive oil, garlic , and lemon juice or vinegar to provide a good amount of flavor.
The vegetables in this dish are also of high quality.
They shouldn’t be too thick or too thin, but rather just right.
That way they will be able to stand up to being wrapped up in the tortillas.
Let’s look at what else you will need for this dish:
- Shrimp: If you’re going to buy frozen shrimp , make sure that it has been peeled and deveined. Buy whole shrimp for a more natural taste. Frozen tails and tails with the heads on may be difficult to eat because they are not the same shape as heads found on fresh shrimp .
- Shrimp shells: Don’t throw away the shell ! It’s an important part of this dish . You can add them to stock pot in which you’ll make the sauce , or you can use them as a garnish for your shrimp wrap. A spoonful of butter will keep them from sticking together.
- Vegetable oil: You can use any type of oil. Extra-virgin olive oil is recommended for healthy fats and flavors . Some people prefer coconut oil because it provides a similar texture as olive oil , but is higher in fat content.
- Lemon juice or vinegar: The acidity from either of these ingredients will help prevent your shrimp from becoming tough.
- Salt and pepper: These ingredients add up to overall flavor and make your shrimp wrap taste better.
What type of wrap is best for a shrimp wrap ?
Of course, you can use any type of tortilla to create your shrimp wrap.
However, if you prefer something a bit more unique, then a flour tortilla is the best choice.
The flour tortilla has a thinner , crispier shell than the corn ingredients and is better suited to wrap up your shrimp.
If you’re looking for some inspiration on wrapping your shrimp, check out this step-by-step tutorial.
How long does it take to prepare a shrimp wrap ?
Shrimp wraps could be ready to eat in 15 minutes or less.
However , you will need to cook the shrimp before forming the wrap.
The total preparation time is around 30 minutes.
The shrimp wrap recipe calls for canned shrimp.
You will need to cook the shrimp until they turn pink.
You can check this by taking a small piece of shrimp and touching your tongue, it should feel warm.
As the shrimp cooks, you will want to keep a close watch on them to make sure they do not overcook.
If you try to flip it, the heat from the pan may cause parts of it to stick to the bottom of the pan, which may overcook it before you are ready.
How do you cook the shrimp for a wrap ?
There are many ways to prepare shrimp, but they can be hard to cook, so it’s best to purchase shrimp that has already been cooked.
However, if you have time to cook shrimp on your own, here is an easy recipe for how to make shrimp that you can use in a wrap.
1. Clean and peel the shrimp
Clean the shrimp by scrubbing them with a scouring pad or using a salt and water mixture.
After they are completely cleaned , pull off any membrane, and then cut the shrimp into bite-sized pieces.
2. Combine ingredients for shrimp marinade
Mix together the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
3. Layer ingredients in a container
Combine all of the ingredients with the olive oil to create a marinade.
4. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
Let the ingredients sit out at room temperature for thirty minutes before using.
This will allow them to become evenly distributed throughout the marinade .
What type of sauce goes best with a shrimp wrap ?
As a condiment, vegetables and seafood are typically dipped in a sauce before being wrapped up.
A sauce can be sweet like barbecue sauce or spicy like Sriracha.
You can even use both for different flavors.
In this shrimp wrap recipe, you could use both barbecue sauce and Sriracha for extra flavor .
What vegetables can be added to a shrimp wrap recipe ?
Shrimp wrap recipe is an excellent way to use up your veggies and add protein to your diet.
You can jazz up your shrimp wrap by adding any of the following vegetables:
How can you make the wrap more flavorful ?
Since shrimp wraps are packed with fresh ingredients, you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
However, you may want to experiment with spices to add a little more flavor.
If you are not the type of person who likes a lot of spice in foods , you may want to consider adding a little chili powder or cayenne pepper instead.
Many people enjoy the taste of spicy foods so combining that with the shrimp and vegetables can enhance the flavor.
Alternatively, if you love hot foods, but are looking for something healthier or less spicy due to a low tolerance or diet restrictions, then adding a squeeze of lime juice can be an easy way to add both.
Use your own judgment when deciding how much spice you prefer.
What type of seasoning should be used in a shrimp wrap ?
The seasoning for shrimp wraps can vary depending on the type of shrimp used.
The seasoning should be light, so do not use a heavy seafood seasoning or cheese sauce.
In a shrimp wrap recipe, you should use a seafood season with some garlic and lemon juice to add the pungent flavors that are desired in this recipe.
What other types of seafood can be used in a shrimp wrap ?
This shrimp wrap recipe can be made with many different types of seafood.
You can use shrimp, salmon, or crab, but the main ingredient should be shrimp.
While shrimp is the most common type of seafood used in a shrimp wrap, others can also be used.
Shrimp, crab, and salmon are all types of seafood that are high in protein, vitamins and minerals.
They also contain omega-3 fatty acids which help your body to absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as A and D.
How can you make a vegan shrimp wrap recipe ?
Compared with other types of meals, shrimp wraps are relatively easy to make.
They simply require you to combine some ingredients in the right order.
The main ingredients are listed below:
- Soy sauce
- Red pepper
Below are some additional ways you can prepare shrimp wraps:
- Shrimp” is actually a term that refers to a variety of crustaceans , including shrimp, prawns, and crab legs . You may want to look for shrimp that is also labeled “cooked,” as this will guarantee that it is already cooked and ready to grab.
As mentioned above, the recipe is fairly simple.
The following section gives more details regarding the ingredients used in the recipe .
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp
- 6 flour tortillas warmed
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Combine the salsa, mango, and ketchup in a small bowl; reserve. Combine taco seasoning, oil, and shrimp in a big plastic bag that can be sealed. Shake to coat after sealing the bag.
- Cook shrimp for two to three minutes, or until they become pink, in a nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, coleslaw mixture, and salsa mixture to tortillas as garnish. Over the filling, fold the bottom third of the tortilla up, then the edges. Sour cream is optional.