Snake juice, also known as venom or poison, has been around since ancient times and was used by Native Americans for medicinal purposes.
While it’s not recommended to consume snake venom, some people still believe that it offers health benefits including treating cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, and even helping with weight loss.
What Is The Snake Juice Recipe?
Like all other recipes on this site, we are going to use natural ingredients whenever possible.
If you want to learn how to make your own snake juice, follow these steps below:
- Take one part red pepper powder (this can vary depending on preference)
- Add two parts fresh ginger root
- Then add three parts garlic clove
- Mix everything together
- Put in a blender until smooth
- Strain through cheesecloth
- Bottle up and enjoy!
How Do You Make Snake Juice?
The process of making snake juice is simple but time consuming.
It takes anywhere from four hours to an entire day depending on how much venom your snakes have.
- Collect two pounds (0.9 kg) of fresh rattlesnakes. If they are too small to collect, add extra venom to compensate. You can buy venom online if you don’t want to kill any animals yourself.
- Bury the snakes in a large container filled with sand. Leave them there overnight.
- Remove the snakes from the container and wash their bodies thoroughly under running water until all traces of blood disappear. Then cut each one into five pieces.
- Place each piece of snake meat in a separate bowl containing 1 gallon (3.8 liters) of distilled vinegar. The acidity of the vinegar will help the snake flesh dissolve quickly. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 24 hours before straining out the bones and cartilage. Repeat this process three more days in order to remove every trace of fat and protein.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining venom with 2 cups (500 mL) of distilled white vinegar. Add enough salt to create a brine solution that is half its original volume. Make sure to stir constantly so you don’t let the venom settle to the bottom of the bowl.
- After allowing the venom to soak for 30 minutes, strain it through cheesecloth. Put the cheesecloth in a clean jar and pour the liquid back into the same container where the first batch was strained.
- Repeat this process twice more over a period of 48 hours. Strain again using cheesecloth and repeat the third step once more. Afterward, rinse the contents of the last container with hot water and then discard the solids.
- Pour the clear liquid through a coffee filter and put it in a glass bottle with a tight fitting lid. Store it in the refrigerator for up to six months.
What Is In Snake Juice?
In fact, there are several types of snake juices on the market.
Some contain only one type of toxin while others will have multiple toxins from different snakes.
The most common ones include rattlesnakes, copperheads, cottonmouths, and water moccasins.
The venom contains hemotoxins which cause a person’s blood vessels to constrict, resulting in swelling, blistering, and pain.
There are also neurotoxins that can affect the nerves causing paralysis and death.
There are two main ways to prepare snake juice.
One involves boiling whole snakes, then squeezing out the liquid into jars, and the other method uses an acid bath to extract the venom.
In either case, once the venom is extracted, it’s mixed with sugar to create a sweet tasting drink that supposedly helps reduce inflammation and relieve discomfort.
Boiling Whole Snakes Method
- Take about 15 live baby rats (or mice)
- Put them inside a large pot filled with hot water
- Bring the mixture up to a boil over medium heat
- Turn down the heat until the mixture starts simmering
- Add 10 – 12 live baby garter snakes
- Keep adding more snakes every few minutes until all the snakes are added
- Remove the pan from the stove and allow the mixture to cool before removing the snakes
- Cut off their heads and tails
- Squeeze each snake using tongs or your hands to get rid of any remaining venom
- Once they’re completely drained of venom, put them back in the fridge overnight so the venom dries up
Acid Bath Method
- Fill a large bowl with cold vinegar
- Place 5 – 6 live baby garter snakes inside the bowl
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap
- Leave the bowl in the refrigerator for 24 hours
- After 24 hours, drain the snakes from the bowl
- Repeat this process 2 more times
- Put the snakes in a deep container such as a garbage bag
- Tie the top closed tightly
- Let sit for 7 days
- When done, remove the snakes from the bag and squeeze each snake to release the last bit of venom
- Mix together the snakes with the vinegar
- Store the mixture in a sealed jar in the refrigerator
- Drink when needed
How Does Snake Juice Taste?
The first thing you will notice about snake juice is its color.
Snake juices come in different colors from light green to dark blue depending on what type of snake they came from.
The darker the color, the more toxins they contain.
There are many types of snakes out there but most commonly found ones include pythons, boas, rattlesnakes, coral snakes, cottonmouth moccasins, copperheads, and water moccasins.
These can all give off a very potent taste which makes them difficult to drink if you don’t have a strong stomach.
However, if you do like the taste, you might want to consider making your own home made snake juice so you know exactly how much toxin you’re consuming.
This way, you won’t end up accidentally poisoning yourself while trying to get rid of those extra pounds!
What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Snake Juice?
Some people claim that snake juice helps boost energy levels, improves sleep quality, reduces pain, and even promotes hair growth.
However, these claims have yet to be backed up by medical research studies.
It’s important to note that snake venom contains poisonous substances that can cause serious harm if consumed in large quantities.
If you decide to drink snake juice, always consult your doctor before doing so.
Boosted Energy Levels
According to one study published in The Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine, consuming snake extract may help improve energy levels by increasing blood flow to the brain.
In addition, this may increase dopamine production which triggers an increased release of endorphins.
The researchers behind this study suggest that taking snake venom daily could lead to decreased symptoms like insomnia and anxiety.
It’s also possible that this type of treatment could reduce stress and depression.
Improved Sleep Quality
A study published in Frontiers in Neuroscience shows how snake extracts might help promote better sleep quality.
Researchers found that mice who were given snake extract experienced less activity during their daytime hours than those who weren’t treated with the substance.
This suggests that snake venom may block certain chemicals from reaching the brain.
As a result, it prevents them from triggering wakefulness but doesn’t interfere with normal sleeping patterns.
Research published in Phytotherapy Research indicates that snake extracts may offer relief from arthritis, fibromyalgia, and other types of joint pain.
A 2018 study conducted at UCLA showed that these extracts reduced inflammation and helped patients recover faster after suffering knee injuries.
In fact, a review published in Annals of Pharmacotherapy states that snake venom may provide significant pain relief when injected directly into inflamed tissues in rats.
It should be noted though that this effect only occurred when the injections were administered within 48 hours of injury.
Promote Hair Growth
One 2017 study published in Clinical Rheumatology found that snake venom may encourage healthy hair growth in women who suffer from alopecia areata.
The authors suggest that this condition causes patches of baldness on the scalp.
However, they point out that more research needs to be done to determine whether snake venom actually works against this disorder.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Drinking Snake Juice?
The main ingredient in this recipe – which comes from either an Eastern diamondback rattlesnake or Western black widow spider – contains small amounts of toxins called cardiotoxins, histamine, and serotonin.
These ingredients can cause headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, tingling sensations, numbness, dry mouth, blurred vision, increased heart rate, muscle weakness, and drowsiness.
Some users have reported more severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing, chest pain, low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, and seizures.
It’s important to note that these symptoms may occur only after repeated consumption of the toxin.
For example, if someone drinks 1 milliliter (0.05 ounces) of venom every day for 30 days, they could experience several of the above symptoms at different intervals throughout their treatment period.
However, most experts agree that the benefits outweigh the risks.
The American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC), for instance, states that “[t]he risk of serious adverse reactions appears to be minimal when compared to the potential benefits of snakebite therapy.”
How Often Should You Drink Snake Juice?
You should never try to self-medicate if you have an illness or condition that needs medical attention.
If you do decide to experiment on your own, make sure to consult with your doctor before doing so.
If you are healthy, however, you might want to consider trying out this DIY remedy.
It has been suggested that one dose per day will help boost energy levels and fight off common colds and flu symptoms like fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headaches, runny nose, etc.
The reason why snake juice works effectively against illnesses has something to do with its high vitamin C content.
Vitamin C helps our immune system function properly, which explains how snake juice can prevent infections from spreading throughout our bodies.
It also helps maintain healthy blood flow in our veins, which makes it easier for our cells to absorb oxygen and nutrients.
In addition, snake juice contains antioxidants called flavonoids, which protect us from damaging free radicals produced during normal cellular processes such as metabolism and respiration.
Although snake juice may contain trace amounts of toxins, it does not pose serious risks because it doesn’t affect the way we digest food and therefore isn’t absorbed into our bloodstream.
When it comes to consuming snake juice, the safest option would be to dilute it with water first.
The ideal ratio of snake juice to water is 1 part snake juice to 4 parts water.
This means that if you need to take 3 ounces (about 100ml) of snake juice, then you could mix 2 tablespoons (30ml) of diluted snake juice with 8 ounces (240ml) of water to get 18 ounces (540ml) of solution.
As mentioned earlier, it’s best to start slow when experimenting with snake juice.
You should start with half the amount of snake juice you normally use each time.
For example, if you usually drink two cups (480ml) of snake juice each day, then you should only drink half of that at first. Start with one cup (240ml).
Then, once you realize that it tastes good, increase the dosage gradually until you reach three cups (720ml) daily.
Consuming more than four cups of diluted snake juice every single day could lead to adverse reactions, so you should always keep track of your intake.
Where Can You Buy Snake Juice?
If you want to try making your own snake juice, there are two main ways to do so.
The first way involves buying snake meat from a local butcher shop in order to extract its venom.
But if you don’t have access to this type of animal, then you’ll need to use an alternative source such as a viper (or rattlesnake) found in the wild.
Most snakes on sale at grocery stores come from the United States and Canada where they’re bred commercially for their skins and glands.
These snakes aren’t necessarily dangerous but they may bite when provoked.
When purchasing snake meat online, look out for any warning signs about handling the product and ensure that the seller guarantees 100% authenticity before placing your order.
You can also find snake juice products sold in natural food markets and many drugstores across North America.
Some brands will offer their customers a choice between drinking raw snake juice straight from the bottle or mixed into water.
Another option available to consumers who prefer to purchase snake juice on the internet is to purchase a kit that includes everything needed to make the beverage yourself.
You’ll need only a few ingredients which include fresh vipers, distilled vinegar, honey, and ginger root.
Before using a snake to produce snake juice, you must first determine whether the snake is poisonous or non-poisonous.
If you plan on consuming the snake juice, you’ll want to avoid eating parts of the snake where its fangs would normally be located.
Also, never attempt to eat the snake whole because doing so could cause death due to sudden cardiac arrest.
How Much Does Snake Juice Cost?
There are many different types of snake juices on the market, but most are made from puffer fish, which has its own set of risks if consumed.
As such, it’s best to find a liquid version of snake juice that contains no animal products and has been tested in clinical trials.
A study published in The Lancet found that one cup (240ml) of snake juice could contain between 40mg and 140mg of vipera lebetina snake venom—which is approximately half the amount needed to kill an adult human being.
The study concluded that while snake juice may offer health benefits, it should only be taken under medical supervision due to potential adverse side effects and interactions with other medications.
However, another study conducted by researchers from Queen Mary University of London found that ingesting small amounts of snake juice daily had positive effects on memory function and mental clarity in older adults who were taking certain drugs.
In this case, snake juice appeared to improve cognitive performance and reduce the risk of dementia in those individuals.
So what about the price tag? Well, it depends where you live and how much you need.
According to some websites, a bottle of snake juice will run anywhere from $20-$40 per serving depending on your location and quantity required.
However, there’s always the option to purchase snake juice online and have it shipped directly to your door.
Can You Make Snake Juice At Home?
If you want to try your hand at making snake juice yourself, here are some tips on how to do so safely and effectively.
- You should avoid eating any snakes unless they’ve already been cooked and then eaten. Otherwise, you risk getting sick from their toxins.
- It’s recommended that you don’t handle any poisonous snakes. If you come across one while hiking, just leave them alone until someone can come help you out.
- Make sure that you have all of your safety gear ready before handling any snakes. This includes gloves, goggles, boots, and other protective clothing.
- Use caution when using any chemicals such as bleach or ammonia. These substances may react negatively in certain situations.
- Be careful whenever mixing different liquids together. You could get injured if there’s an explosion caused by this mixing process.
- Don’t give any snake venom to kids under 12 years old. It’s best to keep children away from these creatures altogether.
- When drinking snake juice, make sure that you drink small amounts frequently. Don’t go overboard because it will cause nausea and vomiting.
- Once you finish the bottle of snake juice, throw it away properly. Never put it down somewhere where animals might find it.
A few precautions to take
The following points should always be considered before trying snake juice recipes.
- Always read the ingredients list thoroughly before buying anything online or ordering via phone.
- Never buy any snake juice without reading reviews first.
- Check the expiration date of any bottles you plan to use.
- Before consuming any type of snake juice, consider taking a trip to the doctor to discuss whether it’s safe for you to do so.
- Keep in mind that snake juices are very dangerous and should only be consumed by those who know what they’re doing.
- Avoid being near wild animals like snakes or spiders.
- 2 litres drinking water
- 2 grams Himalayan pink salt
- 5 grams salt-free potassium chloride
- 2 grams edible Epsom salts
- Prepare the ingredients, add them to a big jar, and shake vigorously to incorporate.
- You can now enjoy your diet juice.