Tawa pulao is a delicious Indian dish that combines fragrant spices, tender rice, and savory vegetables.
It’s a simple yet flavorful meal that can be enjoyed as a main course or side dish.
The key to making this dish so delicious is in the flavorful combination of spices used to give it an authentic Indian flavor.
This recipe is a great one to make for your next family meal.
It’s also a great dish to whip up for your next holiday gathering.
What ingredients are required to make tawa pulao?
The five main ingredients are:
- Basmati rice
- Green chilies
There are many other ingredients that contribute to the flavor of tawa pulao, but these are the five main ones you’ll need.
How much time does it take to prepare tawa pulao?
The preparation time for this dish depends on how much time you have to cook it.
If you have time to make a large batch, then the prep time will be less as there will be more time to prepare it.
The prep time is also dependent on how much rice you need in the recipe, so if you’re cooking for a large group, you’ll want to make enough rice.
It takes about 35 to 35 minutes to cook tawa pulao.
This includes the time to soak and cook the rice, ginger garlic paste, and spices.
How can one make the tawa pulao more flavorful?
Tawa pulao is a great Indian dish to make, but it also needs a little extra flavor.
If you are one of those people who like cooking Indian food but don’t have the time to spend hours in the kitchen, here are some ways you can add just that extra punch to your next tawa pulao.
What type of rice is best suited for making tawa pulao?
The rice that you use makes a big difference to the overall flavor of the dish.
Making tawa pulao with any other kind of rice besides basmati rice will result in a tasteless and unappealing dish.
Does tawa pulao require any special spices?
Basically, you can use any combination of spices to make tawa pulao.
The key is to use the right spices that go well with the other ingredients in the dish.
Here are some basic spices that work well in this dish:
- Cumin powder: A yellow seed that is part of the parsley family, cumin is one of the most common spices in Indian cuisine. It is used in a variety of dishes and its flavor complements rice well.
- Turmeric powder: A light orange powder that is used in many Indian dishes, turmeric is a staple in Indian cooking. It’s a key ingredient in tawa pulao, creating a vibrant yellow color and warm taste.
- Garam masala: A spice mixture that includes cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, and nutmeg, garam masala is an essential ingredient in Indian cooking. Its unique blend of spices adds a distinct flavor to many Indian dishes.
- Coriander seeds: Coriander seeds are small black seeds that are ground into a fine powder. They impart a unique flavor to dishes, especially those with tomatoes and fish as main ingredients.
Is there any particular method to cook tawa pulao?
There are different methods for cooking tawa pulao.
They depend on what you’re making it with, the seasonings you like best, and personal preferences.
The most typical method is to sauté the vegetables in butter or oil over medium heat.
This mixture is then combined with rice, covered with water, and brought to a boil.
Then, the entire combination is simmered until the rice is cooked and all of the water has been absorbed.
Another popular way to cook tawa pulao is to first steam the vegetables in a vegetable steamer or on a stovetop steamer.
They are then cooked as described above, and tawa pulao is cooked in the same way.
This gives you a lot more flexibility with your ingredients.
What are the health benefits of consuming tawa pulao?
Tawa pulao is a healthy dish due to its combination of abundant vegetables and protein-packed rice.
It also contains no added trans fats or saturated fats, making it a healthier option than your typical go-to dinner meal.
This traditionally Indian dish is made with a variety of vegetables that include cauliflower, potatoes, onions, and various spices.
This combination of ingredients makes the dish extremely flavorful and filling.
Along with the vegetables, tawa pulao also includes basmati rice, which provides you with an ample amount of fiber and protein.
Finally, the final ingredient is lentils, which provide you with a good source of protein as well as being an excellent source of fiber.
Does tawa pulao have any nutritional benefits?
Tawa pulao is a nutritious dish, as it contains all of the essential amino acids and vitamins needed to support your body.
It’s also high in fiber, which helps to reduce cholesterol levels, and can help to improve digestive health.
As this dish is made with rice, it also provides lots of protein.
Another benefit of tawa pulao is that it is fairly low in sugar.
This means that if you’re trying to watch your sugar intake, you can enjoy this dish without having to worry about increasing your sugar intake too much.
What is the best way to serve tawa pulao?
Tawa pulao is traditionally enjoyed as a main course, but it can also be enjoyed as a side dish.
This dish is great for picnics, barbecues, and potlucks.
Tawa pulao is traditionally served with plain cooked rice and an array of vegetables.
The best way to serve this dish is to make it in large quantities and then portion out individual servings.
Either use medium-sized portions or individual serving bowls to each guest.
Can tawa pulao be cooked in a slow cooker?
Yes, tawa pulao can be prepared in a slow cooker.
Follow the same steps as for a stovetop recipe, but cook it on low for about eight hours.
You can also cook this dish in the oven; however, it will take several hours to cook so plan accordingly.
Don’t worry about the rice sticking to the bottom of the pan.
There will be enough liquid absorption from the vegetables and spices through the long cooking time that the rice will not stick to the pan.
When you are done cooking, keep the rice in its pot and put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
- 1 Saucepan
For the red garlic chili sauce
- 10-12 nos. Kashmiri red chili
- Hot water for soaking
- 100 gm Garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons Black Salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 100ml Water
For tawa pulao
- 1 tablespoon + 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Jeera
- ½ cup (sliced) Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup Red Garlic Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup Capsicum
- 1 cup (chopped) Cabbage
- 1 cup (sliced) Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (blanched) Green beans
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 tablespoons Pav bhaji masala
- Salt to taste
- 250 g Boiled Basmati Rice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (chopped) Fresh coriander leaves
- Cut peppers and soak in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soaked red pepper, garlic cloves, black salt, garam masala and cumin powder to a mixing bowl, grind to a fine paste. Adjust the consistency of the chutney by adding water. Your red garlic chili sauce is ready to serve.
- Place pan over medium heat, add oil and butter, add jeera and saute for one minute.
- Add onion and cook until golden brown, add garlic and red garlic chutney, cook until oil separates.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garam masala, pav bhaji masala and salt, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled basmati rice (use 1/4 teaspoon turmeric when boiling), mix masala mixture well, stir well and cook for a few more minutes, add lime juice and finely chopped coriander leaves, mix even.
- Your tawa pulao is ready to serve, serve hot with some onion, lemon slice, raita or some salad.