Herbalife donuts have been flying off the shelves ever since they hit stores, but that’s not surprising given their unique and delicious taste.
What Is The Recipe For Herbalife Donuts?
The ingredients are simple enough to follow.
The main ingredient in these vegan donuts are Herbalife Protein Powder (which also contains whey), while other key components include maple syrup, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
This makes a nice balance of sweet, savory, and salty flavors all wrapped up into one tasty treat.
You can find Herbalife donuts at any grocery store or health food shop, as well as on Amazon.
It might seem like an odd combination, but there’s some science behind it.
Baking soda helps create a fluffy texture in baked goods, while also acting as a leavening agent.
Cocoa powder adds depth of flavor and gives the donut its rich brown color.
You may be wondering what exactly Herbalife does to their product.
It turns out this company has developed a proprietary blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants which help promote weight loss, energy, and overall good health.
This mixture of nutrients goes by the name “Life Extension Formula”, and it’s found in many different products from Herbalife including shakes, bars, powders, and even supplements.
So how did Herbalife develop such a great tasting snack? Well, we spoke with Dr.
Michael Fung, who works as a nutritionist and dietitian in New York City.
He shared his insight into the development process of the Herbalife donuts.
According to him, the first step was creating a base doughnut mix without using wheat flour.
Then the next step was adding the Life Extension formula to the mix so that the donuts would contain more nutrients than just basic sugar and fat.
Next, he added in the cocoa powder to give the donuts their signature dark color.
Finally, he sprinkled on additional toppings such as chocolate chips and sprinkles to complete the recipe.
He explained that when developing the donuts, he wanted them to be both healthy and flavorful.
By following this three-step process, he managed to achieve both goals by combining the best possible ingredients.
Dr.Fung also mentioned another important thing about the recipe for Herbalife donuts.
When making the donuts, you need to use high quality ingredients because otherwise the taste will suffer.
If you want to try your hand at the recipe for Herbalife donuts, here’s everything you need to know.
- Ingredients: 2 cups of almond flour – 1/4 cup of powdered stevia
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons of organic cane sugar – melted together with 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal mixed with water
- 1 tablespoon of Erythritol (a natural sweetener) — dissolved in 2 teaspoons of warm water
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of Herbalife Life Extension Formula
- 1 egg white beaten until stiff peaks form
- Vegetable shortening for frying
- Chocolate Chips
- Coconut oil spray for coating the pan
How Do You Make Herbalife Donuts?
The recipe for Herbalife donuts has a lot of ingredients, but it starts with a base which can be anything from cake flour to all-purpose flour depending on what type of doughnut you want to make.
The next step is adding sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract, eggs, unsalted butter (or shortening), milk, and then lastly your protein powder.
The mixture should look similar to this when done:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or shortening at room temperature
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 scoop Herbalife Protein Powder
Next, mix wet ingredients together and add them into dry.
Mix well until batter forms a ball.
Place onto greased surface and flatten slightly.
Bake for about 15 minutes at 350°F.
1 large egg white mixed with 1 Tablespoon water
3 cups powdered sugar sifted through strainer
1 ½ Cups melted chocolate chips
What Is In The Recipe For Herbalife Donuts?
The secret to making herbalife donuts lies in what isn’t included in them.
If you look at a box of Herbalife donuts, there will be no sugar or fat listed on any ingredient label.
Instead, the ingredients include natural sweeteners like agave nectar, stevia extract, as well as herbs and spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, vanilla bean, allspice, cloves, and mace.
This blend gives the donuts an incredibly intense flavor experience without adding any extra calories.
If you think about it, this makes sense because if you were going to put a bunch of sugar into your body, wouldn’t you want something that tastes amazing? The same logic applies when trying out these tasty treats.
How Many Calories Are In A Herbalife Donut?
The calorie count on a Herbalife donut depends on how much of it you use to make your own doughnut.
If you buy a pre-made one from the store, then you can expect about 200 calories per donut (200/4).
This means if you eat two or three donuts, you will be eating 800 or 1,000 calories each time.
If you decide to go ahead and try making your very own homemade version of this tasty treat, keep in mind the following tips:
- Use low-fat milk instead of regular whole milk when mixing up your batter.
- Use Herbalife Protein Powder in place of sugar in your doughnuts.
- Keep the amount of flour you add to the mix at minimum so as to avoid the need for oil during frying.
- You might also want to cut down the number of eggs used in the doughnut process because egg yolks contain cholesterol which could increase your risk of heart disease.
- Finally, reduce the overall fat content by using skimmed milk instead of whole milk and reducing the amount of butter used in your recipe.
So, what does all of this mean when it comes to calculating the energy intake of Herbalife donuts?
Well, let’s take a look…
What Is The Nutritional Information For Herbalife Donuts?
The nutritional facts for Herbalife donuts are straightforward enough to figure out on your own if you know what you’re looking at.
But it can be confusing when so much of the packaging uses different units of measurement to describe things like “calories per serving” or “protein content” because those aren’t actually helpful in this case.
Let’s take a look at how the nutrition facts label breaks down the ingredients used in making these tasty treats:
- Flour (wheat flour): 4 ounces
- Sugar: 2 cups
- Butter/shortening: 1 cup
- Egg yolk: 3 eggs
- Milk: ½ gallon
- Baking soda: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: ¾ teaspoon
- Vanilla extract: ½ tablespoon
- Nutmeg: ⅛ teaspoon
- Lemon juice: ½ tablespoon
- Protein powder: 6 ounces
- Yeast: ¼ package
- Honey: 2 tablespoons
- Water: ½ cup
It looks pretty simple right?
Well, we all know that there’s more to nutrition than just counting up numbers.
The next section will help you understand exactly how important each ingredient is in contributing to the overall healthiness of the final product.
How Many Donuts Does The Recipe Make?
The Herbalife donuts recipe makes about 12-15 donuts depending on how big you want them to be.
The donuts are a bit smaller than traditional donuts because of all the ingredients in the batter (protein powder, eggs, vanilla extract, etc.).
This means that if you’re looking for a large batch of donuts that will feed an army, this isn’t going to work out well unless you buy a lot of premade doughnuts from your local bakery.
If you do decide to try making these at home, just remember that each donut takes about 20 minutes or so to bake.
You may also need some baking time for the powdered sugar glaze to set.
If you’re planning ahead, it might be worth buying donuts from a store where you can get them pre-glazed.
What Is The Price Per Donut For The Herbalife Donuts?
The cost of a single donut varies depending on where you buy them and what flavor your order.
The standard price per donut at most major retailers is around $1 or slightly more than that.
You can also find some retailers offering discounted prices if you purchase several dozen donuts at once.
If you want to save money when making your own Herbalife donuts, then you should know how much each one costs.
If you would like to learn how to make homemade donuts from scratch, this article will give you all the information you need about how to create these tasty treats in no time.
- Chocolate Chip (regular)
- Cinnamon Roll (regular)
- Glazed Chocolate Cake (original recipe)
- Fruit Salad (original recipe)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (original recipe)
- Orange Cream Cheese Frosting (original recipe)
- Peanut Butter Cup (original recipe)
- Sugar Cookie (original recipe)
(Note: Prices are subject to change without notice.)
How Long Does It Take To Make The Herbalife Donuts?
The time required to complete each step in making a batch of Herbalife donuts depends on how big your order is and whether you want them individually or packaged up into groups.
To create a single donut, you will need:
- 1 cup flour (if using all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons Herbalife Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon shortening or butter melted
- Oil spray
If you are going to make more than one donut at once, then you can either use two bowls or bake several batches at once by dividing your ingredients between two sheets of parchment paper.
For example, if you were to divide everything equally between two pieces of parchment paper, then you would end up with 12 donuts total.
You may also choose to buy a bigger quantity of Herbalife donuts so as to save money.
If you do this, however, be sure to check out our guide on how much weight of protein powder should go into each donut!
If you decide to purchase a larger amount of Herbalife donuts, here’s what you need to know about their processing times:
- Single Donuts: Each item takes approximately 20 minutes to prepare.
- Two dozen donuts: Approximately one hour to prepare.
- 24 donuts: Two hours to prepare.
- 48 donuts: Four hours to prepare.
Once you’ve mixed together all of your ingredients, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set an 8 x 8 inch pan inside.
Spray the bottom of the pan with oil spray.
Next, pour half of your mixture onto the prepared pan and spread evenly.
Repeat until all of the dough has been used.
After spreading your batter, place the remaining mixture back in the bowl and add the rest of the ingredients except for the melted shortening and let sit for 5 minutes.
Then, slowly stir the mixture with a spatula until there aren’t any lumps left.
Once smooth, pour the melted shortening over the top of the mixture and gently fold the sides down towards the center.
Spray the tops of the donuts lightly with oil spray and sprinkle with powdered sugar before placing them in the oven for 15 -20 minutes or until golden brown.
When they come out of the oven, let cool completely before serving!
What Is The Shelf Life Of The Herbalife Donuts?
The shelf life of the Herbalife donuts depends on where you live in the world and how well-preserved your donut mix ingredients are.
The best way to find out about the shelf life of a product is to check its expiration date printed somewhere on the packaging or label.
If you can’t read this information, call customer service and ask them what the shelf life of the product is.
In general, if you store your Herbalife donuts properly, then you should be able to enjoy them until the end of their shelf life.
However, some people may want to eat their Herbalife donuts sooner than others, so here’s an approximate timeline of when you should start eating these treats:
- If you only bought one box of donuts (if you didn’t buy more), then you probably won’t need to worry about storing them too much longer.
- If you purchased two boxes of donuts, then you should keep them in an airtight container at room temperature (not refrigerated). This will extend your donuts’ shelf life by six months.
- If you purchased three boxes of donuts, then you should keep them in an airtight container at room temperature (not refrigerated) for up to 12 months.
- If you purchased four boxes of donuts, then you should keep them in an airtight container at room temperature (not refrigerated) for up to 18 months.
- If you purchased five or more boxes of donuts, then you should keep them in an airtight container at room temperature (not refrigerated) for up to 24 months.
Shelf life of the Herbalife donuts
When you buy Herbalife donuts online from Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc., the company guarantees freshness for up to 60 days after the purchase date.
That means that once you open the package, you can use those donuts within 60 days – no matter how many other donuts you already ate! It also means that if you purchase several boxes of Herbalife donuts, then you can enjoy all of them within that time frame as well.
However, since each box contains different amounts of donuts depending on the size, you might want to limit yourself to just one box per day.
Otherwise, you could easily consume all of the donuts before the expiration date has passed.
You can also find Herbalife donuts sold at grocery stores.
They usually sell in bulk packs that contain 50 servings of donuts.
These packages normally come with an expiration date printed right on the front.
If the date isn’t very close to now, then it would be safe to assume that these donuts are still edible, even though they might seem stale.
If you do decide to buy multiple boxes of donuts, then you should plan to eat them within 6 months of opening the first box.
After that, you should consume them over time, which means that you shouldn’t wait too long between consuming new batches.
Yes, you can find Herbalife donuts at your local supermarket or gas station (and even in some fast food joints).
They are also available online from a handful of retailers including Amazon, Walmart, Target, and more.
The ingredients included within each batch can vary depending on which retailer sells them.
However, most batches contain a blend of whole-grain flour, powdered milk, eggs, sugar, baking soda, oil, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Whole wheat flour
- Unsalted butter
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
How to make Herbalife donuts
You will need 2 cups of whole grain flour, 1/4 cup unsalted butter, one egg, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, and two tablespoons of Herbalife Protein Powder.
Mix all these together thoroughly before adding them into a bowl.
In another bowl, mix three eggs well then add this mixture into it.
Lastly, combine both mixtures and stir until everything comes together.
To cook the donut batter, pour half a cup of water into an aluminum pan and set it aside.
Once the pan has cooled down, line up twelve paper liners inside it.
Then fill each liner with about ¼ cup of dough.
You may want to use a spoon to drop the dough evenly across the liners so that every donut gets filled properly.
Cooking time depends on how hot your stovetop is.
Since different brands of pans heat differently, you should test the temperature by placing your finger into the center of the donut and wait for five seconds.
If the surface feels warm enough, place the donuts directly onto the preheated pan.
Cook them for around 5 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking.
Remove them once they turn golden brown.
If you like your donuts extra soft, you can flip them again after removing them from the oven.
This will give them a slightly crispy exterior while still maintaining their fluffy interior.
Once cooked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely before serving.
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- ¼ cup Herbalife vanilla protein drink mix
- ¼ cup Herbalife Healthy Meal Formula
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract essence
- Put the oven on preheat mode at 360 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes before adding the eggs.
- You must smooth out and beat the egg whites to produce airy, spongy donuts. Take your bowl, add the egg white, and set the yolk aside. Use a hand beater or the hand blender you have at this point. With an electric beater, beat the eggs for 2 minutes. With a hand blender, beat the eggs for 5 minutes. After that, stir well before adding the egg yolk.
- Add Dry Ingredients: Now that the beating is complete, the dry ingredients should be added. So that we don’t forget any, let’s take note of the names of each dry component. Start with 1/2 cup almond flour, 1 tablespoon each of baking soda, baking powder, and ground cinnamon. Once more, thoroughly combine all the ingredients using the beater you have. You can mix without a beater by using an ordinary spoon instead.
- Add liquid components and Herbalife formulas: The mixture will be dry once the dry ingredients have been combined. Half a cup of almond milk, two scoops of Herbalife Vanilla Protein Drink Mix, and two scoops of Herbalife Dulce De Leche Healthy Meal Formula will be added to make it smoother and more nutrient-dense.
- Next, combine all the ingredients with one tablespoon of vanilla extract essence. Now, a hand mixer will also work to create a smooth donut batter, but a blender is preferred.
- To bake the donuts, take the doughnut pans, coat them with coconut oil, and then spoon the donut batter into each pan, being careful not to fill the middle top. Put on the oven mitts, place the doughnut pan in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes at 360 degrees.
- Serving: The doughnuts are prepared for serving after 10 minutes.