The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Dressing is one of the most famous dressings at this chain’s restaurants across America.
It’s made from real mayonnaise and has a tangy flavor that goes well on just about anything it can be used to top off.
This recipe comes straight out of their official website and is a copycat of the original recipe.
What Are The Ingredients In The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe?
The secret ingredient in the Texas Roadhouse Ranch Dressing is buttermilk powder.
Buttermilk powder is also known by its brand name “Mae West” because it gives the same texture as buttermilk without having any of the milkiness associated with regular buttermilk.
Buttermilk powder is derived from cultured butterfat which means it contains bacteria and enzymes found naturally in dairy products like cream and butter.
These help create an acidic environment that helps preserve the food while adding flavor.
So, when using buttermilk powder instead of buttermilk, the acidity is still there – just not in liquid form.
So how much should you use? The amount depends on your personal taste preference.
If you prefer more tartness, add less buttermilk powder than if you would like it sweeter.
You can find buttermilk powder in the baking section of many grocery stores where they sell other things related to baking like flour, sugar, eggs, etc.
You might have seen them advertised online too.
They usually come in small packages so you won’t need to buy large quantities of buttermilk powder.
If you don’t want to go to the store right now, you can always order some online.
Just make sure it’s something you will actually consume before ordering it.
Other important ingredients include sour cream (which adds moisture), vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, celery seed, and paprika.
The last three items give the dressing a nice kick that makes it unique.
Here is what all these different ingredients do:
- Sour cream – Adds moisture to the dressing.
- Vinegar – Removes excess water from the salad leaves making it easier to wilt down.
- Onion powder – Gives the dressing a slight sweetness.
- Garlic powder – A natural antibacterial agent.
- Salt and pepper – Make the dressing tastier.
- Celery seed – Makes the dressing slightly bitter.
- Paprika – Adds color to the dressing.
- Butter – Adds richness to the dressing.
How Do You Make The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe?
This is an easy dish to prepare if you have all the right tools.
You will need a mixing bowl and whisk, two small bowls, a measuring cup, a large knife, a spoon, a cutting board, and a spatula.
- Mix together all of your dry ingredients (except the salt) in the mixing bowl with a whisk until they are thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, mix together all of your wet ingredients except for the oil.
- Add a tablespoon of oil into the bowl containing your wet ingredients and stir them up using a spoon.
- Once everything is mixed together, add in 1/4 cup of oil until you get a smooth consistency.
- At this point, taste the mixture and adjust any seasonings until it tastes good to you.
- Pour the rest of the oil over the top and mix the whole thing up again so that everything is evenly coated in the dressing.
You should end up with something like this:
Now, the only difficult part of making this recipe is actually getting your hands dirty.
The first step involves chopping up some onions and garlic.
In order to keep things clean, we recommend wearing gloves while doing this task.
Once you have chopped up your onion and garlic, transfer them to a pan along with the other vegetables that you plan to use to make the salad.
If you don’t want to spend money buying pre-chopped veggies, then feel free to chop these up yourself before transferring them to the pan.
After adding your veggies to the pan, cover them with water and let them simmer for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, drain the excess liquid and rinse the veggies under cold running water until there’s no more moisture left inside of them.
Next, place the shredded lettuce in the bottom of a big bowl and pour the cooked veggies onto it.
Then, sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the top of everything.
Finally, drizzle the Texas Roadhouse ranch dressing over the top and toss everything around until everything is covered in the dressing.
What Is The Nutritional Information For The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe?
Nutritional Information per serving (1/6th cup):
- Calories: 80 Calories from Fat: 70 % Daily Value* Sodium: 110 mg Carbohydrates: 0 g Protein: 2 g Total Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 0 g Vitamin A: 0 IU Vitamin C: 0% Calcium: 10% Iron: 1% *Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
If you want to learn more about nutrition, we recommend these articles:
- 8 Nutrition Facts You Need To Know About Your Food
- 7 Nutrition Rules That Every Woman Should Follow
- 10 Best Foods For Weight Loss | HowStuffWorks
- Food Labels Explained – The Basics & More | MyFitnessPal
- Top 20 Healthy Eating Habits – HowToHealth
How Many Calories Are In The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe?
This particular recipe contains only 2 tablespoons (30ml) of oil.
The other ingredients have no added fats.
If you want more fat, then add an extra tablespoon (15ml).
You will need 4-5 teaspoons (20-25 ml) of oil per cup (240ml) of salad mix.
You should use low-fat dressing if possible because high-fat dressings tend to make your food taste too heavy.
In addition to the healthy oils listed above, there are also some unhealthy ones included in this recipe such as olive oil, which is not good for you unless you eat small amounts of it.
In general, avoid using any type of oil when cooking, especially if you don’t know how much they contain.
The total amount of calories in this recipe is 60 calories per serving.
Since each teaspoon (5ml) of oil adds 10 calories, you will end up with a final calorie count of 600 calories per glass (1/4 cup), making it a very filling meal.
What Are The Health Benefits Of The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe?
This delicious ranch dressing is great for your diet because it’s low in fat (1 tablespoon only contains 3 grams) and high in protein (only 1 gram per serving).
The best thing about this recipe is its versatility – you can use it to dip french fries into, put on salad greens, mix with other ingredients, or even drizzle over chicken breasts before grilling them.
Here are some more reasons why you should make this healthy Texas Roadhouse ranch dressing:
- Contains no artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, or added sugar
- Made with all-natural ingredients
- Low in sodium and cholesterol
- No trans fats
- High in fiber
Ingredients in the Texas Roadhouse ranch recipe
You will need:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
What Are The Side Effects Of The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe?
This recipe doesn’t have any major ingredients in it that you should worry about (unless your doctor says so).
But if you do suffer from allergies, then there are some things you need to know before making this dressing.
- Paleo-friendly – The Paleo diet encourages people to eat foods that were eaten by our ancestors, which means no soybean oil (which contains phytoestrogens), no preservatives, and no artificial flavors or colors.
- Allergies – There isn’t much information available online regarding what other ingredients could trigger an allergic reaction. If you experience symptoms after eating something that was prepared with this dressing, such as salad toppings, then contact your allergist right away.
- Vegetarian – There isn’t any animal fat in this recipe, but if you’re a vegetarian, then you might want to think twice about using this.
What Are The Uses For The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe?
This creamy dressing is great when you want something that will go well on pretty much any dish.
You can use it in place of regular salad dressing or even a dip if you choose.
You can also make it into a sauce by adding some extra ingredients like hot pepper flakes or garlic powder.
If you add too many spices, though, it might become too spicy.
Some people prefer a milder taste so keep an eye out for how your family likes things before making this one up.
What Are The Risks Associated With The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe?
While there isn’t much risk in making your own Texas Roadhouse ranch dressing if you follow these guidelines, some ingredients have been known to cause allergic reactions in people who aren’t very sensitive to them.
- Celery seed – Celery seeds contain small amounts of formaldehyde which could trigger an allergic reaction.
- Parsley – Parsley contains thymol which can also trigger an allergic reaction in those who don’t tolerate it.
- Onions – Onions have high levels of natural sulfur compounds like allyl sulfide, which can irritate mucous membranes in some people.
How do I know what foods I can eat when preparing the Texas Roadhouse ranch recipe?
If you want to prepare this delicious dressing without any issues, make sure you keep these things in mind.
- Don’t use celery seeds, parsley, onions, or garlic in this recipe because they can cause adverse effects if consumed by someone who is allergic to them.
- Avoid using raw eggs in recipes like this because they can lead to salmonella poisoning if not cooked properly.
- Make sure to check ingredient labels before purchasing anything to avoid getting sick while cooking this tasty dish.
What Are The Benefits Of The Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe?
If you want to get your hands on some delicious Texas Roadhouse ranch dressing, then we have an easy recipe here.
The ingredients are simple, but they work really well together, which means you don’t need a lot of them in order to make a tasty salad dressing.
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s not overly sweet – instead, it’s balanced by the sour cream and vinegar.
You could use regular plain yogurt if you prefer, but I recommend using light because it adds more body to the dressing while still keeping its tanginess intact.
You probably won’t find any preservatives in this recipe, so you might end up having to refrigerate it after opening it.
But once it’s been opened for 24 hours, it should keep going without spoiling too much.
If you do have trouble storing the dressing properly, try adding a little bit of lemon juice into it before putting it back in the fridge.
That will help preserve it better.
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt or
- Combine the spices in a small bowl, then reserve them.
- Add the spices to a bowl along with the mayonnaise, buttermilk, source cream, and lemon juice after measuring them out.
- Ranch should be vigorously whisked until all the spices are thoroughly mixed in and the sauce is uniform.
- Put your Texas Roadhouse Ranch in the refrigerator and give it at least 30 minutes to chill. Keep it in the refrigerator for longer if it hasn’t thickened sufficiently after 30 minutes in order to achieve the ideal texture. It can be kept for later use or served straight away with your favorite meal!