Gordon Ramsay has been on television since 1982 when he began hosting “A Life In Food” which was later renamed to “Kitchen Nightmares”.
He gained fame from this show as well as his restaurant Hell’s Kitchen.
His restaurants have won numerous awards including two Michelin stars.
What Is Gordon Ramsay’s Halibut Recipe?
In the following article we will be discussing what Gordon Ramsay’s halibut recipe looks like and how it tastes too.
This recipe comes from his new book titled “The Gordon Ramsay Cookbook”.
It shows off some of Gordon Ramsay’s best recipes such as his famous lobster thermidor and steak tartare. This particular recipe is for his halibut with herb crust.
Halibut, also known as cod or haddock, is an oily whitefish that is found mostly around Alaska and Canada.
It can get very large, up to 20 pounds (9kg).
They are often eaten whole but are sometimes filleted and used for casseroles.
The flavor of halibut resembles tuna and flounder so you might find it difficult to tell them apart at first glance.
One difference between these types of fish is that halibut has more fat than most other types of fish.
Its flesh contains high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids which help lower cholesterol levels.
How Does Gordon Ramsay Make His Halibut Recipe?
The Gordon Ramsey Halibut Recipe is an easy-to-prepare dinner that can be made at home easily.
It consists of a crispy herb crust covering the fish and a lemony butter sauce.
The preparation takes about 45 minutes but it should take slightly longer because you will need to let your oven preheat before putting your pan inside it.
If you want to serve this delicious meal to guests, prepare more than enough so they don’t feel left out while waiting for their turn to eat.
If you prefer to cook for yourself, then just follow these steps below.
- Start by placing your halibut filets into a shallow baking tray (a 9×13 inch one) and season them with salt and pepper.
- Next, use a pastry brush to coat each filet with some melted butter.
- Spread half of the herb mixture onto each filet.
- Once all filets are coated with herbs, arrange them onto a sheet pan until ready to bake.
- After arranging the filets, cover them with the rest of the herb mix and press down firmly using a spatula or fork.
- Cover the whole pan with aluminum foil, leaving only a few slits to allow steam escape.
- Bake the halibut in the middle rack position of your oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and carefully lift off the foil. Allow the halibut to cool completely.
- While the halibut is cooling, combine the remaining butter, sugar, and flour together in a bowl. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour the clarified butter over the cooled halibut. Be sure not to add too much liquid as the fish needs to stay moist.
- Sprinkle the top of the halibut evenly with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange the halibut on plates and garnish with parsley leaves.
- Serve immediately.
What Are The Ingredients In Gordon Ramsay’s Halibut Recipe?
The main ingredient of Gordon Ramsay’s halibut recipe is halibut.
It is also known as salmon or sea-trout.
Halibut is rich in protein that makes it an excellent choice for weight loss.
Halibut is found all around the world but especially abundant in Alaska.
The fish can be eaten cooked or raw depending on how you like your food.
When cooked properly, halibut can taste delicious.
In addition to halibut, there are many other ingredients needed to create Gordon Ramsay’s halibut recipe.
These include parsley, garlic, rosemary, onion, salt, pepper, thyme, and peppercorns.
Some people may not know what some of these herbs do, so here is a brief explanation.
Parsley is used because it adds color and flavor to dishes while garlic is added because it helps prevent bad breath.
Rosemary contains vitamin C, iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and potassium.
Thyme is used for its anti-bacterial properties.
Peppercorn is added because of its strong flavor and aroma.
What Is The Cooking Time For Gordon Ramsay’s Halibut Recipe?
The average cooking time for Gordon Ramsay’s halibut recipe is 30 minutes.
When you start preparing your meal, it will take around 10-15 minutes before the oven preheats.
Once that is done, you can begin cooking the halibut by placing the fish into an aluminum foil pan.
You then add some olive oil onto the bottom of the pan and cover the entire surface area with herbs.
After adding the herbs, cook the fish at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 Celsius) for 15 minutes.
Remove the dish from the oven and place it directly onto a rack over paper towels so all excess moisture dries off.
Once the water dries up, remove the skin from the fillet using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors.
Then season the fish with salt and pepper to taste.
Next, pour 1/3 cup (80 mL) of melted unsalted butter onto the top of the halibut and serve immediately.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons minced chives
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly squeezed juice from ½ lime
- Zest from ¾ lemon
- 1 pound (500 g) halibut fillets
- Olive oil spray
This dish makes four servings of halibut and one side salad for $20 per person.
It also includes a bottle of wine.
What Is The Serving Size For Gordon Ramsay’s Halibut Recipe?
The serving sizes for this recipe vary depending on how much you want to serve your guests.
A single serving of Gordon Ramsey’s Halibut with Herb Crust can be found here.
It makes about 1/5th of a whole piece of halibut so it should be enough for one person.
If you would like more than that you will need to double up on the servings.
Halibut is very versatile so it doesn’t matter if you choose to eat it by itself or pair it with something else.
You could even make it into a sandwich!
How Many Calories Are In Gordon Ramsay’s Halibut Recipe?
The calorie count for Gordon Ramsay\u2019s halibut recipe depends on how much you eat.
A 4oz portion (113 grams) contains 180 calories.
If you were to double that amount it would contain 360 calories.
The average adult male should consume around 2000 calories per day so the Gordon Ramsay halibut recipe will be within your daily caloric intake guidelines.
Gourmet Halibut Recipe With Lemon Butter Sauce
- 4 ounces (113 g) halibut filet or whole fillet
- ¼ cup (57 ml) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- Juice of ½ medium lemon
- ¾ cups (180 ml) heavy cream
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Slice the halibut into four equal pieces.
Season each piece with salt and pepper.
Take one tablespoon of butter and rub over all sides of the halibut.
Place the halibut onto an oiled baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes then flip the halibut using tongs, place back on top of the pan, brush with another tablespoon of melted butter, and bake again for 5 more minutes.
Remove the halibut from the oven and set aside.
Whisk together remaining ingredients until smooth, pour over the halibut filets, cover with aluminum foil, and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
What Is The Fat Content Of Gordon Ramsay’s Halibut Recipe?
The calorie count of Gordon Ramsay\u2019s halibut recipe includes 1,200 calories per serving.
That means one serving of Gordon Ramsey’s halibut contains 636 grams of fat or 40% of your daily recommended intake of fat.
In addition to the fats, you will also find that there are plenty of other ingredients included in this delicious dish.
You can expect around 2.5 grams of saturated fat, 4 grams of trans fat, 0 milligrams of cholesterol, 3 grams of dietary fiber, 5 grams of sugar, and 8 grams of total carbohydrates per serving.
- 1 pound halibut fillet (or any white meat)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Lemon Butter Sauce
If you don’t eat seafood often, it might be difficult to identify what type of white meat is being used here.
It’s probably best to look at the nutritional information provided by the manufacturer before making any assumptions about what kind of meat is used.
What Is The Protein Content Of Gordon Ramsay’s Halibut Recipe?
The main ingredient in Gordon Ramsay\u2019s halibut recipe is halibut.
According to the USDA National Nutrient Database, one serving contains 45 grams of protein.
That means that each serving of the Gordon Ramsay\u2019s halibut recipe provides approximately 2 percent of your daily recommended intake of protein (0.8 g).
What Is The Carbohydrate Content Of Gordon Ramsay’s Halib
The total carbohydrate percentage per portion (4 ounces) is 24 grams. This includes 12% dietary fiber and 3% sugar.
- Fish fillets are seared. Halibut should be salted and peppered. Halibut should be seared in olive oil in a nonstick pan that has been preheated over medium-high heat until golden brown. Each side takes 4-5 minutes. After that remove it from the fire and put it aside.
- Blend the puree with the ingredients for the tartar-style sauce then season to taste.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat combine the lemon juice, white wine, and shallot that has been minced. Turn the heat to low after bringing to a gentle boil.
- After turning off the heat add 1 stick of butter and stir the saucepan. Add another stick and repeat.
- Place the saucepan back on low heat and whisk the remaining butter once the two sticks of cold butter have become a paste.
- Add salt and pepper to the sauce after removing it from the heat. Cliches are then added as a decoration. Your Gordon Ramsey recipe for pan-seared halibut is prepared.