The crunchy, sweet flavor of cornflakes is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed year-round.
These treats are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth, but you don’t often see them on the shelves of your favorite grocery store.
Luckily, this cornflake candy recipe is easy to make and requires only three simple ingredients:
With very little effort, you can make a delicious treat that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The butter and sugar create a caramel coating that gives the cornflakes an irresistible sweetness, while the crunchy texture adds a delightful contrast.
Want to know about other ways you can use cornflakes?
Read about our top 10 ways to use cornflakes.
What ingredients do you need for a cornflake candy recipe?
The perfect recipe for cornflake candy depends on the ingredients you choose.
The most important ingredient is the butter, so we definitely recommend that you purchase some from your grocery store.
It’s a little more expensive than not purchasing any, but you’ll find that this ingredient is crucial to creating a tasty treat.
You can use the same amount of butter for all the recipes in this article, however, because it’s an important ingredient, we recommend using one stick of butter per cup of cornflakes.
For this recipe, you need three ingredients:
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 2 cups of sugar
How long does it take to make a cornflake candy recipe?
Cornflake candy recipes are made by mixing cornflakes with butter and sugar together in order to create a crunchy coating that adds a unique sweetness to the treat.
The longer you can leave the mixture alone, the better.
Once this mixture is ready, it will be more crunchy and more flavorful than before.
If you want the mix to last for several days, keep it in an airtight container in your cupboard for up to three weeks.
Is there a special type of cornflake that works best for a cornflake candy recipe?
There are two types of cornflakes that you can use in this candy recipe:
- Regular cornflakes
- Corn flakes with calcium supplement
Our snacky recipe uses regular cornflakes, but there are other brands to choose from if you prefer.
When it comes to choosing cornflakes, try to find ones that have lots of crunch.
The type of cornflake you choose will make a difference in the texture and flavor of your candy.
What is the best way to sweeten a cornflake candy recipe?
The best way to sweeten a cornflake candy recipe is to use real sugar.
In fact, the same amount of white sugar used in this recipe will give you a sweeter candy.
If you want to make your candy a little less sweet, you can add a pinch of baking soda or lemon juice.
Whether you choose to use a sprinkling of sugar or an addition of baking soda, the trick is to distribute the ingredients evenly among the cornflakes.
By doing so, you’ll see that the technique works well and ensures that the cornflake candy doesn’t become too salty or too sweet.
Can cornflake candy be made with regular cornflakes or do you need a special variety?
To start, you need to make sure you have the right kind of cornflakes.
Regular cornflakes will not produce the crunchy texture you are looking for, so if you don’t have any in your pantry, it’s time to make a trip to the grocery store.
There are several types of cornflakes you can use.
You can use flavored cornflakes for an added twist, but simply using regular cornflakes and adding some additional ingredients can work well too.
The next section of this article will give you more information on which type to choose.
What is the best way to melt the butter for a cornflake candy recipe?
In order to make this recipe, you’ll need to melt the butter.
There are two ways that you can melt the butter:
- Over low heat in a saucepan.
- In a microwave on high for about two minutes.
Regardless of whether your butter is already softened or not, you want to use melted butter.
To ensure that it’s melted, you can use either of these methods:
- Dip the container of your butter into a bowl of hot water so that it warms up and softens.
- Let it sit at room temperature for about five minutes before using.
Is it possible to substitute the butter in a cornflake candy recipe?
Cornflakes are typically made with a combination of corn, flour, and salt, but it also contains other ingredients.
The primary ingredient is cornmeal.
If you’re concerned that the butter may be an undesirable ingredient, you don’t need to worry!
Butter is a staple in many recipes, including this candy recipe.
What is the best way to combine the cornflakes and the melted butter in a cornflake candy recipe?
As you are making your cornflake candy recipe, be sure to keep the butter and sugar separate.
Both ingredients can be melted together when the cornflakes are on the verge of drying out.
The best way to combine the butter and sugar is to store them in separate containers.
Once you have combined both ingredients, use a plastic bag to package up the mixture.
How can you make sure your cornflake candy recipe is crunchy?
Your cornflake candy recipe should have a very crisp, brittle texture.
The easiest way to ensure that your cornflake candy recipe is crunchy is to cook the cornflakes in the microwave with a little butter and sugar.
Start by putting the cornflakes in a large bowl.
Add about 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 3/4 cup of sugar.
Mix the butter and sugar with the cornflakes until everything is well combined.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the microwave.
Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Remove the bowl from the microwave and mix the cornflake mixture until everything is well combined.
Take a small amount of the cooked cornflake mixture and flatten it between two sheets of waxed paper.
Repeat this step until all of your cooked cornflake mixture has been rolled into a ball.
You can use the same method to make larger balls if you would like to create a larger batch of cornflake candy.
Are there any special tips or tricks to making the perfect cornflake candy recipe?
There are several important steps to the perfect cornflake candy recipe.
You’ll want to keep these in mind so you don’t ruin your fun.
1. Stir with a whisk
- The first step to making the perfect cornflake candy recipe is to stir with a whisk. When you stir, you’ll notice how the butter starts to melt and release steam. This process makes small bubbles that form on top of the melted butter. These bubbles are what you want when making this recipe.
- If you try to mix only with a fork, this process won’t happen. Instead, your candy will turn into a wet dough that sticks together without forming bubbles.
2. Cook in an oiled pan
- Once the butter has melted, you need to cook the cornflakes quickly on low heat so they don’t burn (or worse, burn too quickly). There is very little sugar in this recipe, so it is key that you add an additional layer of sugar to the pan or your candy may burn.
- To prevent burning, you should use some sort of oil for your pan. Without an oiled pan, it’s very likely that your cornflake candy will burn before it has a chance to harden.
3. Use high heat
- Once your mixture has melted and started releasing steam, you need to move it quickly onto medium-low heat while stirring with a whisk. Once this happens, stop stirring and leave it alone!
- Don’t try rolling it around or pressing down as this will make it harder for the sugar and butter mixture to get crispy. Instead, wait for about 3-4 minutes for these ingredients to caramelize.
4. Use only nonstick cooking spray
- You only need to grease your pan when this candy begins forming stiff peaks of caramelization. The surface of the water will turn into brown sugar that forms onto the pan surface and eventually falls out.
- This form of caramelization is referred to as a “skin” and is what keeps the cornflake candy crunchy when they become dry enough to break apart.
- 1 Baking sheet
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Corn Flakes cereal
- Put parchment paper to use and prepare a baking sheet. In a large mixing bowl, add the corn flakes, and put aside. In a small sauce pan, combine the butter, corn syrup, and sugar. Melt the mixture over low heat until the sugar dissolves. up to a boil.
- Remove the mixture from the fire as soon as it begins to boil, then toss in the peanut butter.Mixture of peanut butter and cornflakes should be poured over them and mixed (be careful not to crunch up the corn flakes too much).forming cookie balls with a 1.5–2 tablespoon cookie scoop.Place the cooled cookie balls on the parchment paper that has been prepared.
- Keep until you're ready to enjoy.